|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
(a) Look in the huts first.
(b) Don't let anyone know he told them.
(c) Do not arrest him.
(d) Meet him after dark to talk about Stephanie.
2. What book of the bible does Jakob read from before the family leaves the party in Chapter 14?
3. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's mother.
(b) Pieter's wife.
(c) Pieter's father.
(d) Pieter's aunt.
4. What time is dinner served at cousin Anna's home?
(a) 6:30 p.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
5. In Chapter 16, who does Pieter go to to try and talk about his problem with Stephanie?
Short Answer Questions
1. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
2. After dinner and a smoke, who does Pieter wait for in the dark in Chapter 19?
3. Pieter vowed to give his life to God if there was no _____ in the dark.
4. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
5. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)