|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In the old school.
(b) In the new village square.
(c) In the old butcher shop.
(d) In part of the old hospital.
2. What is the name of the boy chasing the girl that hides in the shadows of the trees in Chapter 2?
3. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
4. What is the name of the aunt Pieter's mom puts on the phone to talk to him in Chapter 6 after his encounter with his father about the stamps?
5. Who does Pieter guess is the new social welfare officer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is dinner served at cousin Anna's home?
2. Why does Pieter kneel at the blue-gum tree?
3. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
4. What does the note say that is pinned to Pieter's door when he comes home from the field?
5. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)