|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plays music to help Pieter calm down?
2. In Chapter 16, who does Pieter go to to try and talk about his problem with Stephanie?
3. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
(a) Car racing.
(d) Dog racing.
4. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
5. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
(d) Kappie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does Sophie remember being afraid Pieter would fall from when he was a sick boy in her care?
2. What racist classmate does Pieter envy?
3. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after evening church services in Chapter 12, once he decides not to confide in his wife?
4. What time is dinner served at cousin Anna's home?
5. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)