|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is known as the Lion of the North?
2. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
(a) His heart.
(b) His house.
(c) His soul.
(d) His office.
3. What racist classmate does Pieter envy?
4. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's mother.
(b) Pieter's wife.
(c) Pieter's father.
(d) Pieter's aunt.
5. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does Sophie remember being afraid Pieter would fall from when he was a sick boy in her care?
2. What street goes to the "black people's location"?
3. Who is the new dominee assisting Dominee Stander?
4. Who has a drink with Pieter at the Royal Hotel?
5. What does Pieter get from the study that they kept for visitors?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)