|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lieutenant is not just the young man's friend, he is also his what?
(c) Football coach.
2. How old is Pieter when he is forbidden to continue to collect stamps?
3. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
(b) A lot.
4. Why does Pieter kneel at the blue-gum tree?
(a) To pray.
(b) He dropped something.
(c) To hide.
(d) To help someone up.
5. What does the note say that is pinned to Pieter's door when he comes home from the field?
(a) Sorry-missed you.
(b) Your dad is worse.
(c) Nella back tomorrow.
(d) I saw you.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sentenced to death for violating the immorality act, but not necessarily for murder?
2. Who tells Pieter they have found another job for Stephanie?
3. Who plays music to help Pieter calm down?
4. What street goes to the "black people's location"?
5. Who does Pieter cancel visiting with after having drinks at the hotel?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)