|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, Stephanie first seeks Pieter out in whose home?
(a) His friend Kappie's home.
(b) Japie's home.
(c) His home.
(d) His father's home.
2. Who is sentenced to death for violating the immorality act, but not necessarily for murder?
3. Pieter's aunt and who else collect stamps for him during the forbidden years declared by his father?
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. What does the note say that is pinned to Pieter's door when he comes home from the field?
(a) Sorry-missed you.
(b) Nella back tomorrow.
(c) Your dad is worse.
(d) I saw you.
5. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after church services in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
2. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
3. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
4. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
5. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)