|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In the old butcher shop.
(b) In part of the old hospital.
(c) In the old school.
(d) In the new village square.
2. Who does Pieter guess is the new social welfare officer?
3. What sound terrifies Pieter while he is kneeling at the tree?
(a) A cracked twig.
(b) A gun shot.
(c) A crashing sound.
(d) A scream.
4. In Chapter 12, when Pieter and others return for evening church services, who does not stay home?
5. In Chapter 16, who does Pieter go to to try and talk about his problem with Stephanie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What street goes to the "black people's location"?
2. Who does Pieter cancel visiting with after having drinks at the hotel?
3. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
4. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of the aunt Pieter's mom puts on the phone to talk to him in Chapter 6 after his encounter with his father about the stamps?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)