|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pieter kneel at the blue-gum tree?
(a) To hide.
(b) To pray.
(c) To help someone up.
(d) He dropped something.
2. Whose written letter under the door at home upsets Pieter upon reading it?
(c) The captain's.
3. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's father.
(b) Pieter's mother.
(c) Pieter's wife.
(d) Pieter's aunt.
4. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
(a) Stephanie's neighbor.
(c) His captain.
5. How old is Pieter when he is forbidden to continue to collect stamps?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests Pieter take Nella away for a holiday?
2. In Chapter 14, what does Sophie remember being afraid Pieter would fall from when he was a sick boy in her care?
3. The lieutenant is not just the young man's friend, he is also his what?
4. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
5. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)