|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is known as the Lion of the North?
2. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
(c) A lot.
3. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
4. Who tells Pieter they have found another job for Stephanie?
5. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
(a) Meet him after dark to talk about Stephanie.
(b) Look in the huts first.
(c) Do not arrest him.
(d) Don't let anyone know he told them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Pieter when he is forbidden to continue to collect stamps?
2. On his sickbed in Chapter 17, Jakob is visited by Dominee Stander, the captain, and _________________.
3. In Chapter 12, when Pieter and others return for evening church services, who does not stay home?
4. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after church services in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Pieter kneel at the blue-gum tree?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)