|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
(b) Car racing.
(d) Dog racing.
2. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
(a) Look in the huts first.
(b) Don't let anyone know he told them.
(c) Do not arrest him.
(d) Meet him after dark to talk about Stephanie.
3. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's wife.
(b) Pieter's father.
(c) Pieter's mother.
(d) Pieter's aunt.
4. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after evening church services in Chapter 12, once he decides not to confide in his wife?
5. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is known as the Lion of the North?
2. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
3. Who does Pieter's gift bring together?
4. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
5. Upon returning from evening church services, Pieter kisses Nella. What does she do after he smiles at her?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)