|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lieutenant pick up off the floor of a cell during an inspection with Steyn?
(b) Dirty plate.
2. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
(a) A gun.
(b) A hat.
(c) A book.
(d) A picture.
3. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
4. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
5. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
(a) Do not arrest him.
(b) Meet him after dark to talk about Stephanie.
(c) Don't let anyone know he told them.
(d) Look in the huts first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book of the bible does Jakob read from before the family leaves the party in Chapter 14?
2. Who is known as the Lion of the North?
3. Who does Pieter's gift bring together?
4. Who is the new dominee assisting Dominee Stander?
5. In Chapter 8, what childhood friend of Pieter's sees Sophie at the bus terminal and is quite excited?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)