|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father.
(c) His captain.
(d) His wife.
2. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
(a) Kappie's father.
4. Who does Pieter's gift bring together?
(a) Pieter and Nella.
(b) Pieter and Jakob.
(c) Peter and Kappie.
(d) Pieter and Sophie.
5. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
2. Who is president of the welfare committee?
3. Where is the social welfare department located?
4. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
5. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)