|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
(a) His captain.
(b) Stephanie's neighbor.
2. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
3. In Chapter 12, when Pieter and others return for evening church services, who does not stay home?
4. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
(b) Kappie's father.
5. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In the old school.
(b) In part of the old hospital.
(c) In the new village square.
(d) In the old butcher shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy chasing the girl that hides in the shadows of the trees in Chapter 2?
2. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after church services in Chapter 11?
3. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
4. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
5. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)