|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
(a) Look in the huts first.
(b) Do not arrest him.
(c) Don't let anyone know he told them.
(d) Meet him after dark to talk about Stephanie.
2. What does the lieutenant pick up off the floor of a cell during an inspection with Steyn?
(c) Dirty plate.
3. In Chapter 9, who is already at Stephanie's trial when Sophie arrives?
4. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
5. What is the name of the girl the lieutenant hears moving to hide in the shadows of trees in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
2. Who is president of the welfare committee?
3. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
4. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
5. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)