|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests Pieter take Nella away for a holiday?
(d) Pieter's mother.
2. Upon returning from evening church services, Pieter kisses Nella. What does she do after he smiles at her?
3. Who does Pieter's gift bring together?
(a) Pieter and Jakob.
(b) Pieter and Nella.
(c) Peter and Kappie.
(d) Pieter and Sophie.
4. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
5. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's aunt.
(b) Pieter's mother.
(c) Pieter's father.
(d) Pieter's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what childhood friend of Pieter's sees Sophie at the bus terminal and is quite excited?
2. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
3. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after church services in Chapter 11?
4. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after evening church services in Chapter 12, once he decides not to confide in his wife?
5. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)