|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after church services in Chapter 11?
2. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
(a) A book.
(b) A gun.
(c) A picture.
(d) A hat.
3. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's father.
(b) Pieter's aunt.
(c) Pieter's wife.
(d) Pieter's mother.
4. In Chapter 9, who is already at Stephanie's trial when Sophie arrives?
5. What is the name of the girl the lieutenant hears moving to hide in the shadows of trees in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does Sophie remember being afraid Pieter would fall from when he was a sick boy in her care?
2. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after evening church services in Chapter 12, once he decides not to confide in his wife?
3. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
4. What street goes to the "black people's location"?
5. How old is Pieter when he is forbidden to continue to collect stamps?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)