|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
(d) A lot.
2. Who is the new dominee assisting Dominee Stander?
3. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's aunt.
(b) Pieter's wife.
(c) Pieter's mother.
(d) Pieter's father.
4. What book of the bible does Jakob read from before the family leaves the party in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 14, what does Sophie remember being afraid Pieter would fall from when he was a sick boy in her care?
(a) A wall.
(b) The bed.
(c) The porch.
(d) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
2. How old is Pieter when he is forbidden to continue to collect stamps?
3. The lieutenant is not just the young man's friend, he is also his what?
4. Who is sentenced to death for violating the immorality act, but not necessarily for murder?
5. Where is the social welfare department located?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)