|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests Pieter take Nella away for a holiday?
(a) Pieter's mother.
2. Who is known as the Lion of the North?
3. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
(a) A picture.
(b) A book.
(c) A hat.
(d) A gun.
4. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's wife.
(b) Pieter's aunt.
(c) Pieter's mother.
(d) Pieter's father.
5. In Chapter 8, what childhood friend of Pieter's sees Sophie at the bus terminal and is quite excited?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who is already at Stephanie's trial when Sophie arrives?
2. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
3. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
4. Upon returning from evening church services, Pieter kisses Nella. What does she do after he smiles at her?
5. Where is the social welfare department located?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)