|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In the old butcher shop.
(b) In the new village square.
(c) In part of the old hospital.
(d) In the old school.
2. In Chapter 14, what does Sophie remember being afraid Pieter would fall from when he was a sick boy in her care?
(a) A wall.
(b) The porch.
(c) The bed.
(d) A tree.
3. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
4. Who does Pieter guess is the new social welfare officer?
5. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after church services in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book of the bible does Jakob read from before the family leaves the party in Chapter 14?
2. Who suggests Pieter take Nella away for a holiday?
3. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
4. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
5. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)