|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the new dominee assisting Dominee Stander?
2. What is the name of the girl the lieutenant hears moving to hide in the shadows of trees in Chapter 2?
3. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
(a) Stop breaking the law.
(b) Get married.
(c) Find work.
4. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
5. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
2. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
3. Who suggests Pieter take Nella away for a holiday?
4. What does the lieutenant pick up off the floor of a cell during an inspection with Steyn?
5. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)