|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
(a) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. Upon returning from evening church services, Pieter kisses Nella. What does she do after he smiles at her?
3. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
(b) Stephanie's neighbor.
(c) His captain.
4. How old is Pieter when he is forbidden to continue to collect stamps?
5. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
(a) His captain.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
2. In Chapter 12, when Pieter and others return for evening church services, who does not stay home?
3. What does the lieutenant pick up off the floor of a cell during an inspection with Steyn?
4. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after church services in Chapter 11?
5. Who is sentenced to death for violating the immorality act, but not necessarily for murder?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)