|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
(b) Dog racing.
(d) Car racing.
2. What is the name of the aunt Pieter's mom puts on the phone to talk to him in Chapter 6 after his encounter with his father about the stamps?
3. Who does Pieter decide to confide in after church services in Chapter 11?
4. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
5. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
2. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
3. Who does Pieter guess is the new social welfare officer?
4. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
5. What is the name of the girl the lieutenant hears moving to hide in the shadows of trees in Chapter 2?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)