|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl the lieutenant hears moving to hide in the shadows of trees in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
(d) Kappie's father.
3. What street goes to the "black people's location"?
(a) Pretorius Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Slabbert's Road.
(d) van Onselen Street.
4. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
5. In Chapter 12, when Pieter and others return for evening church services, who does not stay home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is known as the Lion of the North?
2. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
3. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
4. How old is Pieter when he is forbidden to continue to collect stamps?
5. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)