|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In the new village square.
(b) In part of the old hospital.
(c) In the old butcher shop.
(d) In the old school.
2. The lieutenant is not just the young man's friend, he is also his what?
(b) Football coach.
3. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
(d) A lot.
4. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
(a) Dog racing.
(c) Car racing.
5. What is the name of the boy chasing the girl that hides in the shadows of the trees in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lieutenant pick up off the floor of a cell during an inspection with Steyn?
2. Who is president of the welfare committee?
3. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
4. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
5. In Chapter 8, what childhood friend of Pieter's sees Sophie at the bus terminal and is quite excited?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)