|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's aunt.
(b) Pieter's father.
(c) Pieter's mother.
(d) Pieter's wife.
2. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
(a) Kappie's father.
3. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
4. Who is the new dominee assisting Dominee Stander?
5. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
(a) His office.
(b) His house.
(c) His soul.
(d) His heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
2. What does the lieutenant pick up off the floor of a cell during an inspection with Steyn?
3. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
4. What street goes to the "black people's location"?
5. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)