|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what childhood friend of Pieter's sees Sophie at the bus terminal and is quite excited?
2. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. Who is the new dominee assisting Dominee Stander?
4. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
5. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
(a) Get married.
(b) Find work.
(c) Stop breaking the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
3. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
4. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
5. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)