|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What street goes to the "black people's location"?
(a) Slabbert's Road.
(b) Pretorius Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) van Onselen Street.
2. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
3. In Chapter 8, what childhood friend of Pieter's sees Sophie at the bus terminal and is quite excited?
4. What is the name of the aunt Pieter's mom puts on the phone to talk to him in Chapter 6 after his encounter with his father about the stamps?
5. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's aunt.
(b) Pieter's father.
(c) Pieter's mother.
(d) Pieter's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
2. The lieutenant is not just the young man's friend, he is also his what?
3. What is the name of the boy chasing the girl that hides in the shadows of the trees in Chapter 2?
4. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
5. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)