|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
2. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
(d) A lot.
3. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
4. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
5. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
(a) His captain.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is president of the welfare committee?
2. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
3. What is the name of the girl the lieutenant hears moving to hide in the shadows of trees in Chapter 2?
4. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
5. What does the lieutenant pick up off the floor of a cell during an inspection with Steyn?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)