|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
(a) Kappie's father.
2. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. In Chapter 8, what childhood friend of Pieter's sees Sophie at the bus terminal and is quite excited?
4. What is the name of the boy chasing the girl that hides in the shadows of the trees in Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of the girl the lieutenant hears moving to hide in the shadows of trees in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is president of the welfare committee?
2. What street goes to the "black people's location"?
3. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
4. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
5. Who is the new dominee assisting Dominee Stander?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)