|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
(c) His captain.
(d) Stephanie's neighbor.
2. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
(a) Look in the huts first.
(b) Do not arrest him.
(c) Meet him after dark to talk about Stephanie.
(d) Don't let anyone know he told them.
3. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
(a) Stop breaking the law.
(c) Find work.
(d) Get married.
4. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
(a) His soul.
(b) His house.
(c) His heart.
(d) His office.
5. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
2. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
3. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
4. Pieter's aunt and who else collect stamps for him during the forbidden years declared by his father?
5. Who does Pieter guess is the new social welfare officer?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)