|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
(a) His father.
(b) His captain.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His wife.
2. How old is Pieter when he is forbidden to continue to collect stamps?
3. What street goes to the "black people's location"?
(a) Pretorius Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) van Onselen Street.
(d) Slabbert's Road.
4. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
5. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
(d) A lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
2. What is the name of the girl the lieutenant hears moving to hide in the shadows of trees in Chapter 2?
3. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
4. What is the name of the boy chasing the girl that hides in the shadows of the trees in Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of the aunt Pieter's mom puts on the phone to talk to him in Chapter 6 after his encounter with his father about the stamps?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)