|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
2. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
(d) Kappie's father.
3. Who does Pieter guess is the new social welfare officer?
4. Who is the new dominee assisting Dominee Stander?
5. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
(a) His heart.
(b) His soul.
(c) His office.
(d) His house.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
2. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
3. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
4. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
5. What street goes to the "black people's location"?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)