|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. How old is Pieter when he is forbidden to continue to collect stamps?
3. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
(a) Get married.
(c) Stop breaking the law.
(d) Find work.
4. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's father.
(b) Pieter's aunt.
(c) Pieter's mother.
(d) Pieter's wife.
5. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In part of the old hospital.
(b) In the new village square.
(c) In the old butcher shop.
(d) In the old school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
2. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
3. What does the narrator put aside to write this story?
4. What street goes to the "black people's location"?
5. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)