|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's wife.
(b) Pieter's aunt.
(c) Pieter's father.
(d) Pieter's mother.
2. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
3. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
(d) A lot.
4. The lieutenant is not just the young man's friend, he is also his what?
(a) Football coach.
5. Who is sentenced to death for violating the immorality act, but not necessarily for murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
2. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
3. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes running to save a man, who shuts the door of ____________ instead of accepting the help.
4. Pieter's aunt and who else collect stamps for him during the forbidden years declared by his father?
5. What is the name of the aunt Pieter's mom puts on the phone to talk to him in Chapter 6 after his encounter with his father about the stamps?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)