|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pieter's aunt and who else collect stamps for him during the forbidden years declared by his father?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
2. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In the old butcher shop.
(b) In the old school.
(c) In part of the old hospital.
(d) In the new village square.
3. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His captain.
4. The lieutenant is not just the young man's friend, he is also his what?
(d) Football coach.
5. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
(a) Meet him after dark to talk about Stephanie.
(b) Look in the huts first.
(c) Don't let anyone know he told them.
(d) Do not arrest him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who is already at Stephanie's trial when Sophie arrives?
2. What is the name of the boy chasing the girl that hides in the shadows of the trees in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
4. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
5. What is the name of the girl the lieutenant hears moving to hide in the shadows of trees in Chapter 2?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)