|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
(a) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
(a) Look in the huts first.
(b) Do not arrest him.
(c) Meet him after dark to talk about Stephanie.
(d) Don't let anyone know he told them.
3. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
4. Who is sentenced to death for violating the immorality act, but not necessarily for murder?
5. Pieter's aunt and who else collect stamps for him during the forbidden years declared by his father?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
2. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
3. What is the name of the aunt Pieter's mom puts on the phone to talk to him in Chapter 6 after his encounter with his father about the stamps?
4. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
5. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)