|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What street goes to the "black people's location"?
(a) Pretorius Street.
(b) van Onselen Street.
(c) Slabbert's Road.
(d) Main Street.
2. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
3. What is the name of the girl the lieutenant hears moving to hide in the shadows of trees in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
(a) Stephanie's neighbor.
(d) His captain.
5. Who is the new dominee assisting Dominee Stander?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
2. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
3. In Chapter 8, what childhood friend of Pieter's sees Sophie at the bus terminal and is quite excited?
4. Who is sentenced to death for violating the immorality act, but not necessarily for murder?
5. The lieutenant is not just the young man's friend, he is also his what?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)