Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
2. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
3. How old is Pieter when he is forbidden to continue to collect stamps?
4. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
(a) His captain.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
5. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
(d) A lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is president of the welfare committee?
2. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
3. With whom, during an argument, does Pieter declare that he gives when he is given to?
4. According to the narrator, great strength calls a man to honor while great _______________ calls a man to dishonor.
5. Pieter's aunt and who else collect stamps for him during the forbidden years declared by his father?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)