|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pieter consider his desire for Stephanie?
(a) Something that would pass.
(b) Something expected because of his wife's behavior.
(c) An inconvenience.
(d) A sickness.
2. Who does Sophie confide in that she wishes had never been born when she is discovered in the pantry?
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
3. Besides the shoes and flannels, what other items does the captain send home for from Pieter?
(a) His pants.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His hat.
(d) His jacket.
4. Who sat in the Park?
5. When asked by the magistrate, who suggests it would be best to remove Stephanie's child?
(c) Pieter's mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
2. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
3. Who is on leave in Natal?
4. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
5. Who offers to fetch Pieter another pipe?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)