|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is dinner served at cousin Anna's home?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 6:30 p.m.
2. After returning home, bathing the kids, and being with Pieter, what does Nella discover that is broken?
(a) Pieter's pipe.
(b) The front room window.
(c) Her favorite bowl.
(d) The stove.
3. On the family picnic outing, who sat in the front seat and held Jakob's hand?
(a) Frans' son.
(b) Pieter's son.
(c) Kappie's niece.
(d) Pieter's daughter.
4. According to Jakob, who told him he should not argue with such learned men as the Englishman that authored the bird book?
5. Who wanted to go to Japie about Stephanie, but did not?
(c) Pieter's mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, who said to Pieter, "duty is duty"?
2. What item has Stephanie been instructed to put into the clothing of the man she was with in the vacant ground?
3. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
4. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
5. Who came by Pieter's office to speak about money he owed?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)