|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sophie confide in that she wishes had never been born when she is discovered in the pantry?
(b) Her brother.
(d) Her sister.
2. In Chapter 14, what does Sophie remember being afraid Pieter would fall from when he was a sick boy in her care?
(a) The porch.
(b) The bed.
(c) A wall.
(d) A tree.
3. Who offers to fetch Pieter another pipe?
4. Who plays music to help Pieter calm down?
5. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
(a) A hat.
(b) A book.
(c) A gun.
(d) A picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
2. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
3. Who does Pieter guess is the new social welfare officer?
4. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)