|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In the old butcher shop.
(b) In the old school.
(c) In part of the old hospital.
(d) In the new village square.
2. In Chapter 8, what childhood friend of Pieter's sees Sophie at the bus terminal and is quite excited?
3. What does Jakob suggest that he and Pieter search for on a trip to the family farm?
(a) New servants.
(b) More land.
(c) A car for Nella.
(d) The phalarope.
4. Who tells Pieter they have found another job for Stephanie?
5. Who does Pieter's gift bring together?
(a) Pieter and Jakob.
(b) Pieter and Sophie.
(c) Pieter and Nella.
(d) Peter and Kappie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
2. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
3. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
4. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
5. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)