|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
2. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In the old butcher shop.
(b) In the new village square.
(c) In part of the old hospital.
(d) In the old school.
3. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
(a) His captain.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
4. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
(b) His captain.
(d) Stephanie's neighbor.
5. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
(a) A picture.
(b) A gun.
(c) A book.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to fetch Pieter another pipe?
2. Who does Pieter guess is the new social welfare officer?
3. In Chapter 8, what childhood friend of Pieter's sees Sophie at the bus terminal and is quite excited?
4. Whose written letter under the door at home upsets Pieter upon reading it?
5. Who plays music to help Pieter calm down?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)