|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's wife.
(b) Pieter's mother.
(c) Pieter's aunt.
(d) Pieter's father.
2. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
3. Who always has big birthday celebrations and is having a party in Chapter 13?
4. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In part of the old hospital.
(b) In the new village square.
(c) In the old school.
(d) In the old butcher shop.
5. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
(a) His captain.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
2. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
3. What book of the bible does Jakob read from before the family leaves the party in Chapter 14?
4. On his sickbed in Chapter 17, Jakob is visited by Dominee Stander, the captain, and _________________.
5. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)