|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
2. Whose written letter under the door at home upsets Pieter upon reading it?
(b) The captain's.
3. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In the new village square.
(b) In the old butcher shop.
(c) In part of the old hospital.
(d) In the old school.
4. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
(a) Kappie's father.
5. On his sickbed in Chapter 17, Jakob is visited by Dominee Stander, the captain, and _________________.
(b) Officer Steyn.
(c) Sybrand Wessel.
(d) Dominee Vos.
Short Answer Questions
1. The lieutenant is not just the young man's friend, he is also his what?
2. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
3. Who tells Pieter they have found another job for Stephanie?
4. Who always has big birthday celebrations and is having a party in Chapter 13?
5. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)