|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
(a) Find work.
(b) Stop breaking the law.
(d) Get married.
2. Whose written letter under the door at home upsets Pieter upon reading it?
(c) The captain's.
3. In Chapter 9, who is already at Stephanie's trial when Sophie arrives?
4. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
(a) A gun.
(b) A hat.
(c) A book.
(d) A picture.
5. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
(b) Kappie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Pieter they have found another job for Stephanie?
2. Who plays music to help Pieter calm down?
3. The lieutenant is not just the young man's friend, he is also his what?
4. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
5. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)