|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
(a) A gun.
(b) A book.
(c) A picture.
(d) A hat.
2. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
(a) His captain.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His aunt.
3. The young dominee ends his sermon with these words, "I am come that ye might have life, and have it more _______, saith the Lord."
4. What does Jakob suggest that he and Pieter search for on a trip to the family farm?
(a) The phalarope.
(b) A car for Nella.
(c) More land.
(d) New servants.
5. In Chapter 14, what does Sophie remember being afraid Pieter would fall from when he was a sick boy in her care?
(a) A wall.
(b) The porch.
(c) The bed.
(d) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is president of the welfare committee?
2. Who does Pieter guess is the new social welfare officer?
3. Who does Pieter's gift bring together?
4. Who always has big birthday celebrations and is having a party in Chapter 13?
5. Who plays music to help Pieter calm down?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)