|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the new dominee assisting Dominee Stander?
2. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
3. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
(a) Stop breaking the law.
(c) Find work.
(d) Get married.
4. Who does the lieutenant secretly confide in about the young man's trouble?
(a) His captain.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
5. What sport do Pieter and the new dominee have in common?
(b) Car racing.
(c) Dog racing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
2. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
3. In Chapter 9, who is already at Stephanie's trial when Sophie arrives?
4. On his sickbed in Chapter 17, Jakob is visited by Dominee Stander, the captain, and _________________.
5. What book of the bible does Jakob read from before the family leaves the party in Chapter 14?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)