|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who tries to give the lieutenant a present, but he refuses unless he pays for it?
(a) Kappie's father.
2. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
(a) Look in the huts first.
(b) Don't let anyone know he told them.
(c) Do not arrest him.
(d) Meet him after dark to talk about Stephanie.
3. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
(b) His captain.
(d) Stephanie's neighbor.
4. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's aunt.
(b) Pieter's wife.
(c) Pieter's mother.
(d) Pieter's father.
5. Who offers to fetch Pieter another pipe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sophie confide in that she wishes had never been born when she is discovered in the pantry?
2. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
3. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
4. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
5. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)