|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sophie confide in that she wishes had never been born when she is discovered in the pantry?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her brother.
2. Who offers to fetch Pieter another pipe?
3. In Chapter 8, what childhood friend of Pieter's sees Sophie at the bus terminal and is quite excited?
4. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
(a) Meet him after dark to talk about Stephanie.
(b) Look in the huts first.
(c) Do not arrest him.
(d) Don't let anyone know he told them.
5. Whose written letter under the door at home upsets Pieter upon reading it?
(b) The captain's.
Short Answer Questions
1. The lieutenant is not just the young man's friend, he is also his what?
2. What do the lieutenant and Kappie both like to collect?
3. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
4. Who is president of the welfare committee?
5. In Chapter 4, who tells the lieutenant to find the child if he wants to find Stephanie?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)