|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does Sophie remember being afraid Pieter would fall from when he was a sick boy in her care?
(a) A tree.
(b) The bed.
(c) The porch.
(d) A wall.
2. Where is the social welfare department located?
(a) In part of the old hospital.
(b) In the new village square.
(c) In the old school.
(d) In the old butcher shop.
3. Who tells Pieter they have found another job for Stephanie?
4. What is the name of the native constable that accompanies Pieter to find Stephanie in Chapter 7?
5. After the constables took Stephanie back to the vehicle, who stayed behind?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the judge in Chapter 8, what does Stephanie have to do to prevent the court from possibly taking her child?
2. On his sickbed in Chapter 17, Jakob is visited by Dominee Stander, the captain, and _________________.
3. In Chapter 3 when the lieutenant asks the young man how many times before he has approached a black woman as he did Stephanie, what is the young man's answer?
4. Who plays music to help Pieter calm down?
5. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)