|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pieter's gift bring together?
(a) Pieter and Nella.
(b) Peter and Kappie.
(c) Pieter and Sophie.
(d) Pieter and Jakob.
2. In Chapter 23, Pieter starts thinking that if he does not get a miracle he will do what?
(a) Tell his wife.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Tell his captain.
3. What kind of gift from Pieter has everyone apprehensive?
(a) A gun.
(b) A picture.
(c) A book.
(d) A hat.
4. What time is dinner served at cousin Anna's home?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 6:00 p.m.
(c) 6:30 p.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
5. Where was Pieter when he confessed to being angry about being born?
(b) Kitchen Pantry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pieter's captain goes on leave, who will be left in charge?
2. Where is the social welfare department located?
3. In Chapter 8, what childhood friend of Pieter's sees Sophie at the bus terminal and is quite excited?
4. After dinner and a smoke, who does Pieter wait for in the dark in Chapter 19?
5. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)