|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is president of the welfare committee?
(a) Pieter's aunt.
(b) Pieter's mother.
(c) Pieter's wife.
(d) Pieter's father.
2. In Chapter 23, Pieter starts thinking that if he does not get a miracle he will do what?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Tell his wife.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Tell his captain.
3. What time is dinner served at cousin Anna's home?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 6:30 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
4. What does Pieter get from the study that they kept for visitors?
(a) A shot glass.
(b) An ashtray.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A lighter.
5. Which one of Pieter's sisters is in love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does the old black man in Chapter 7 ask for when the constables come looking for Stephanie?
2. Who has a drink with Pieter at the Royal Hotel?
3. When Pieter's captain goes on leave, who will be left in charge?
4. Where is the social welfare department located?
5. What do Pieter and his companion drink while at the hotel?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)