|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was described as the head of Bank of New York Mellon in Chapter 17?
2. Who at JP Morgan was concerned about the deal between Bank of American and Merrill Lynch because he had hoped to someday make a deal with Bank of America himself in Chapter 15?
3. As part of the plan for dealing with AIG’s problems, Bob Willumstad would be replaced as CEO of AIG by who, according to the author in Chapter 16?
4. Lloyd Blankfein was waiting to make a speech at what annual conference in the beginning of Chapter 14?
5. Greg Curl informed Hank Paulson that Bank of America would agree to the deal regarding Lehman Brothers only if the government was willing to take how much of losses on Lehman’s assets in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John Mack respond to the announcement by Henry Paulson in Chapter 18?
2. On what date does the author open Chapter 19? What had happened to the stocks of Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley on this date?
3. What was Dick Fuld’s last resort option that he discussed with Henry Paulson in Chapter 10?
4. What was the purpose of the meeting that Tim Geithner called in Chapter 16? Who was called to this meeting?
5. What plan was revisited by Henry Paulson’s team in the aftermath of the AIG bailout in Chapter 17?
6. With whom were Lehman Brothers in negotiations with in Chapter 11? Who led the negotiations?
7. What did Dick Fuld learn about the outcome of the governmental/CEO meeting in Chapter 15?
8. How did Greg Fleming respond when he heard that Bank of America was considering buying Lehman Brothers in Chapter 13?
9. How much capital was AIG able to raise in Chapter 14? How much were they short?
10. What plan was announced by Henry Paulson and drafted into a bill in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the history and role of the United States Federal Reserve and its involvement in the Great Recession of 2008. How did the Fed attempt to resolve the situation of the failing banks? Who was Chairman of the Federal Reserve in 2008? Who is Chairman today?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dick Fuld’s reasons for meeting with Jim Cramer in Chapter 5. What did Fuld hope to accomplish in this meeting? Was he successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jamie Dimon’s role as CEO of JP Morgan and his influences in the 2008 financial crisis. How did Dimon respond to the news he received in the Prologue of the narrative? Why?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)