|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was described as Hank Paulson’s adversary on the Senate Banking Committee in Chapter 10?
2. Chapter 15 begins with the author’s description of the combined efforts to save Lehman Brothers beginning on what date?
3. Who was the new CFO of JP Morgan in Chapter 12?
4. Who was the head of JP Morgan’s Consumer Business department, according to the author in Chapter 12?
5. Henry Paulson told the bankers at the meeting at the Treasury building in Chapter 11 that they had three objectives. What were they?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Timothy Geithner break the CEOs into groups in Chapter 14? What was their assignment?
2. What was discussed in the meeting between Dick Fuld and Timothy Geithner in Chapter 10?
3. On what date does the author open Chapter 19? What had happened to the stocks of Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley on this date?
4. What was the outcome after the bailout of AIG, according to the author in Chapter 17?
5. What happened with the deal between Lehman Brothers and Barclays in Chapter 15?
6. What were the principle causes for Dick Fuld’s increasing stress in the beginning of Chapter 12?
7. What did Henry Paulson decide to do when Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac continued to deteriorate in Chapter 11?
8. What plan was announced by Henry Paulson and drafted into a bill in Chapter 18?
9. What led to the cease of negotiations between Lehman and its potential investor in Chapter 11?
10. How much capital was AIG able to raise in Chapter 14? How much were they short?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the negotiations between Lehman Brothers and JP Morgan in Chapter 12. Why did JP Morgan decide to ask for more collateral from Lehman? What impact did this have on Lehman’s assets and its future? What role did Steven Black play in the negotiations?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the career and biography of Lloyd Blankfein and the history of Goldman Sachs. When did Blankfein replace Henry Paulson as CEO of the company? How did Goldman Sachs change under Blankfein’s leadership?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the career of David Einhorn and his establishment of Greenlight Capital. When was Greenlight Capital established and how quickly did the company grow? What role did the hedge fund play in the derivatives market and in the downfall of 2008?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)