|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described in Chapter 11 as the Vice Chairman of Global Capital Markets at Morgan Stanley?
2. Bart McDade and Skip McGee from Lehman Brothers met with whom from KDB to hammer out a deal in Chapter 11?
3. Who was the head of JP Morgan’s Consumer Business department, according to the author in Chapter 12?
4. Hank Paulson’s team of advisors in Chapter 12 included Tony Ryan, Jeremiah Norton, Jim Wilkinson, Jeb Mason, and whom?
5. Who was described as the head of Bank of New York Mellon in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan was developed in order to address the problem of AIG in Chapter 16?
2. How much capital was AIG able to raise in Chapter 14? How much were they short?
3. What did Henry Paulson decide to do when Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac continued to deteriorate in Chapter 11?
4. What did Ben Bernanke and Henry Paulson present to Congress as their solution to the banking problems in Chapter 17?
5. What events does the author describe taking place on September 10, 2008, in the opening of Chapter 13?
6. How did Timothy Geithner break the CEOs into groups in Chapter 14? What was their assignment?
7. What did Dick Fuld learn about the outcome of the governmental/CEO meeting in Chapter 15?
8. What led to the cease of negotiations between Lehman and its potential investor in Chapter 11?
9. What was discussed in the meeting between Dick Fuld and Timothy Geithner in Chapter 10?
10. What was the purpose of the meeting that Tim Geithner called in Chapter 16? Who was called to this meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact of the fining of AIG by the federal regulators in 2007. How did this action affect the assets and standing of the company? How did leadership change in the company based on the violations? Why was the company fined?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Henry Paulson’s plan for the Treasury Department to purchase up to $500 billion of the bad assets off the banks in order to stabilize the markets. What flaws can be seen in this plan? In what ways would it benefit Wall Street? In what ways would it benefit the American public?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the testimonies of Timothy Geithner, Bob Steel, Jamie Dimon, and Ben Bernanke before the Senate Banking Committee in 2008. How did the media interpret these testimonies during this time? What was the public response?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)