|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lloyd Blankfein was waiting to make a speech at what annual conference in the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) The Financial Services Marketing Symposium
(b) The Service Nation Summit
(c) The Mobile Banking and Commerce Summit
(d) The Underbanked Financial Services Symposium
2. Who is described in Chapter 11 as the Co-President at Morgan Stanley and the man who had worked on the government’s bailout of Chrysler nearly three decades earlier?
(a) Daniel A. Simkowitz
(b) Robert Scully
(c) Martin Sullivan
(d) Timothy Geithner
3. What does CIC stand for?
(a) Capitol Intelligence Company
(b) Cash Inflow Coalition
(c) Chinese Infrastructure Coalition
(d) China Investment Corporation
4. What banker from Citigroup asked during the meeting of the top bankers at the New York Federal Reserve Building in Chapter 14, “I assume we are going to talk about AIG?”
(a) Vikram Pandit
(b) Charlie Scharf
(c) Greg Fleming
(d) Larry Fink
5. Who was the new CFO of JP Morgan in Chapter 12?
(a) Cornelius Vander Starr
(b) Erin Callan
(c) Michael Cavanaugh
(d) Sandy Weill
Short Answer Questions
1. John Thain thought in Chapter 14 as he pulled up to the New York Federal Reserve Building that the last time he’d been there was during the rescue of Long-Term Capital Management in what year?
2. What does FDIC stand for?
3. According to the author in Chapter 14, after the meeting at the New York Federal Reserve Building, “the Morgan Stanley bankers had two related tasks: self-preservation and” what?
4. Under whose guidance did Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley receive status as bank holding companies in Chapter 18?
5. Who is described in Chapter 12 as the Chairman of the Financial Services Commission in Korea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan was announced by Henry Paulson and drafted into a bill in Chapter 18?
2. What was the outcome after the bailout of AIG, according to the author in Chapter 17?
3. How did John Mack respond to the announcement by Henry Paulson in Chapter 18?
4. What plan was developed in order to address the problem of AIG in Chapter 16?
5. What was the purpose of the meeting that Tim Geithner called in Chapter 16? Who was called to this meeting?
6. What led to the cease of negotiations between Lehman and its potential investor in Chapter 11?
7. How did Timothy Geithner break the CEOs into groups in Chapter 14? What was their assignment?
8. With whom were Lehman Brothers in negotiations with in Chapter 11? Who led the negotiations?
9. What were the principle causes for Dick Fuld’s increasing stress in the beginning of Chapter 12?
10. How did the deal between Bank of America and Merrill Lynch influence John Mack’s actions in Chapter 15?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)