|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was described as the head of Northern Trust in Chapter 17?
(a) John Thain
(b) Charlie Scharf
(c) Skip McGee
(d) Rick Waddell
2. What banker from Citigroup asked during the meeting of the top bankers at the New York Federal Reserve Building in Chapter 14, “I assume we are going to talk about AIG?”
(a) Larry Fink
(b) Greg Fleming
(c) Vikram Pandit
(d) Charlie Scharf
3. What giant money market fund had “broken the buck a day earlier” in Chapter 17?
(a) The International Monetary Fund
(b) China Investment Corporation
(c) Westwood Capital LLC
(d) Reserve Primary Fund
4. Who is described in Chapter 12 as the Chairman of the Financial Services Commission in Korea?
(a) Min Euoo Song
(b) Gao Xiqing
(c) Vikram Pandit
(d) Jun Kwang-woo
5. Regarding the problems at AIG, the plan that was finally put in place was for the government to take over 80% of AIG in exchange for a loan of how much?
(a) $60 billion
(b) $25 billion
(c) $85 billion
(d) $150 billion
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 19 opens with the author’s description of what date?
2. When did Bob Willumstad accept the position of CEO of AIG?
3. Who was described in Chapter 17 as “a thirty-eight-year-old governor at the Federal Reserve, whose office was a few doors down from Bernanke’s”?
4. What is the address of the New York Federal Reserve Building?
5. Hank Paulson’s team of advisors in Chapter 12 included Tony Ryan, Jeremiah Norton, Jim Wilkinson, Jeb Mason, and whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Henry Paulson respond when solicited for help from Bob Diamond and Ken Lewis in Chapter 13?
2. What was the purpose of the meeting that Tim Geithner called in Chapter 16? Who was called to this meeting?
3. What plan was announced by Henry Paulson and drafted into a bill in Chapter 18?
4. What did Henry Paulson decide to do when Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac continued to deteriorate in Chapter 11?
5. What did JP Morgan plan in order to deal with the Lehman Brothers’ problem in Chapter 12?
6. How did John Mack respond to the announcement by Henry Paulson in Chapter 18?
7. What were the conclusions that were found by the CEOs in Chapter 16? How did they report this news to Geithner?
8. What led to the cease of negotiations between Lehman and its potential investor in Chapter 11?
9. With whom were Lehman Brothers in negotiations with in Chapter 11? Who led the negotiations?
10. What was discussed in the meeting between Dick Fuld and Timothy Geithner in Chapter 10?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)