|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Morgan Stanley had entered into talks with whom from CIC in Chapter 18?
(a) Min Euoo Song
(b) Jun Kwang-woo
(c) Jean-Claude Trichet
(d) Gao Xiqing
2. Who was described as the Managing Director of Westwood Capital LLC in Chapter 11?
(a) David Einhorn
(b) David Goldfarb
(c) Dick Fuld
(d) Dan Alpert
3. Who was the Chief Financial Officer of Morgan Stanley in Chapter 14?
(a) John Mack
(b) Anthony Ryan
(c) Vikram Pandit
(d) Colm Kelleher
4. Who was described as the President of Merrill Lynch in Chapter 13?
(a) Edward Liddy
(b) Martin Sullivan
(c) Greg Fleming
(d) Dan Alpert
5. Who complained to Henry Paulson that short sellers were spreading false rumors to drive the panic after the government’s intervention with AIG in Chapter 17?
(a) Martin Sullivan
(b) Sandy Weill
(c) John Mack
(d) Marge Magner
Short Answer Questions
1. Freddie Mac had a reported loss of how much in the morning when Henry Paulson met with the top bankers at the Treasury building in Chapter 11?
2. At the end of Chapter 13, AIG went to Jamie Dimon of what banking institution with an urgent call for help?
3. With whom did Dick Fuld meet along with the board of Morgan Stanley in order to find a lifeline for Lehman Brothers in Chapter 10?
4. According to the author in Chapter 12, “Internally, JP Morgan’s operating committee trips to Washington were jokingly referred to as” what?
5. As the top bankers made their way home after the weekend of trying to solve the Lehman Brothers problem, they were called back to the Treasury for another emergency meeting involving what institution?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the meeting between Dick Fuld and John Mack described in Chapter 10?
2. What did Henry Paulson decide to do when Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac continued to deteriorate in Chapter 11?
3. What events does the author describe taking place on September 10, 2008, in the opening of Chapter 13?
4. What was the outcome after the bailout of AIG, according to the author in Chapter 17?
5. What was the purpose of the meeting that Tim Geithner called in Chapter 16? Who was called to this meeting?
6. How much capital was AIG able to raise in Chapter 14? How much were they short?
7. How did John Mack respond to the announcement by Henry Paulson in Chapter 18?
8. What were the conclusions that were found by the CEOs in Chapter 16? How did they report this news to Geithner?
9. What did JP Morgan plan in order to deal with the Lehman Brothers’ problem in Chapter 12?
10. What were the principle causes for Dick Fuld’s increasing stress in the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)