|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Wells Fargo bank headquartered?
(a) Denver, CO
(b) San Francisco, CA
(c) Phoenix, AZ
(d) Seattle, WA
2. Who is described in Chapter 12 as the Chairman of the Financial Services Commission in Korea?
(a) Vikram Pandit
(b) Min Euoo Song
(c) Gao Xiqing
(d) Jun Kwang-woo
3. Mitsubishi agreed to an investment of how much in Morgan Stanley in Chapter 18?
(a) $3 billion
(b) $34 billion
(c) $17 billion
(d) $9 billion
4. According to the author in Chapter 15, what banking institution was still interested in the broker-dealer part of Lehman, and everyone thought a deal was all but completed until they heard news otherwise?
(a) American International Group
(c) Greenlight Capital
(d) Chemical Bank
5. Who complained to Henry Paulson that short sellers were spreading false rumors to drive the panic after the government’s intervention with AIG in Chapter 17?
(a) Sandy Weill
(b) Marge Magner
(c) John Mack
(d) Martin Sullivan
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 15 begins with the author’s description of the combined efforts to save Lehman Brothers beginning on what date?
2. With whom did Dick Fuld meet along with the board of Morgan Stanley in order to find a lifeline for Lehman Brothers in Chapter 10?
3. What British heist movie does the author describe Dick Fuld and the Lehman team watching as they returned from Seoul in Chapter 11?
4. Who did Jamie Dimon take with him to meet with Ben Bernanke in Chapter 12?
5. Lloyd Blankfein was waiting to make a keynote address following whose speech in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the principle causes for Dick Fuld’s increasing stress in the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. How did the deal between Bank of America and Merrill Lynch influence John Mack’s actions in Chapter 15?
3. What led to the cease of negotiations between Lehman and its potential investor in Chapter 11?
4. What did Dick Fuld learn about the outcome of the governmental/CEO meeting in Chapter 15?
5. What negotiations took place in the scramble to save Lehman Brothers in Chapter 12?
6. What was discussed in the meeting between Dick Fuld and Timothy Geithner in Chapter 10?
7. What plan was developed in order to address the problem of AIG in Chapter 16?
8. What plan was announced by Henry Paulson and drafted into a bill in Chapter 18?
9. What events does the author describe taking place on September 10, 2008, in the opening of Chapter 13?
10. What was Dick Fuld’s last resort option that he discussed with Henry Paulson in Chapter 10?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)