|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding the problems at AIG, the plan that was finally put in place was for the government to take over 80% of AIG in exchange for a loan of how much?
(a) $85 billion
(b) $60 billion
(c) $25 billion
(d) $150 billion
2. On what date does the author describe Bart McDade and Alex Kirk arriving in Dick Fuld’s office in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) September 10, 2008
(b) November 14, 2008
(c) March 5, 2009
(d) July 28, 2008
3. Larry Fink was described in Chapter12 as being from what financial institution?
(b) Bank of America
(c) Berkshire Hathaway
4. Henry Paulson announced his plan to stop the market panic in Chapter 18. This plan was called TARP, which stands for what?
(a) Taxable Asset Recuperation Program
(b) Technology Advancement Reward Program
(c) Troubled Asset Relief Program
(d) Terminal Asset Reduction Philosophy
5. What does CIC stand for?
(a) Chinese Infrastructure Coalition
(b) China Investment Corporation
(c) Cash Inflow Coalition
(d) Capitol Intelligence Company
Short Answer Questions
1. What does KDB stand for?
2. What giant money market fund had “broken the buck a day earlier” in Chapter 17?
3. Who was described as the head of the FDIC in Chapter 12?
4. What is the common name for the Federal National Mortgage Association?
5. Who was described as the Managing Director of Westwood Capital LLC in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the conclusions that were found by the CEOs in Chapter 16? How did they report this news to Geithner?
2. What was the purpose of the meeting between the government officials and top CEOs in Chapter 14?
3. How did the deal between Bank of America and Merrill Lynch influence John Mack’s actions in Chapter 15?
4. What was discussed in the meeting between Dick Fuld and Timothy Geithner in Chapter 10?
5. What was the outcome after the bailout of AIG, according to the author in Chapter 17?
6. What were the principle causes for Dick Fuld’s increasing stress in the beginning of Chapter 12?
7. On what date does the author open Chapter 19? What had happened to the stocks of Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley on this date?
8. How did Timothy Geithner break the CEOs into groups in Chapter 14? What was their assignment?
9. What did Dick Fuld learn about the outcome of the governmental/CEO meeting in Chapter 15?
10. With whom were Lehman Brothers in negotiations with in Chapter 11? Who led the negotiations?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)