|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what nickname is Warren Buffett known in the financial world?
(a) Rich Uncle Pennybags
(b) The Money Machine
(c) The Wealth Extractor
(d) The Wizard of Omaha
2. In the mid-1980s, Bob Willumstad was rising through the executive ranks of what financial corporation?
(a) Chemical Bank
(b) Westwood Capital LLC
(c) Northern Trust
3. Jim Cramer was a popular television celebrity with an influential financial program on what network, according to the author in Chapter 5?
4. Who was the Chairman of the Federal Reserve in 2008?
(a) Jim Bunning
(b) Michael Bloomberg
(c) Jon Corzine
(d) Ben Bernanke
5. Timothy Geithner worked for the Treasury Department and what organization prior to his appointment as President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York?
(a) The Bank of Rome
(b) The International Monetary Fund
(c) The Bank of Berlin
(d) The World Bank
Short Answer Questions
1. Bob Willumstad was a third-generation son of immigrants from where?
2. In what year was Bob Willumstad outmaneuvered by Sandy Weill from Citigroup, according to the author in Chapter 8?
3. Who was Dick Fuld’s Chief Strategy Officer in Chapter 6?
4. Dick Fuld was the CEO of what global financial services firm in March, 2008?
5. Who nominated Hank Paulson to his post in the federal cabinet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suggestion did Hank Paulson make to Dick Fuld regarding Lehman Brothers’ holdings in Chapter 2? How did Fuld respond?
2. Who was let go from Lehman Brothers during an executive committee meeting in Chapter 6?
3. How was Hank Paulson’s rise to the post of Treasury Secretary described in Chapter 2?
4. How is Timothy Geithner characterized in Chapter 3? What position did he hold at the Federal Reserve?
5. How does the author describe Bob Steel in Chapter 3? Why was Bob Steel in a tough position?
6. How is Dick Fuld’s career described in Chapter 1? Who did Fuld choose as his right-hand-man at Lehman Brothers?
7. What was the impact of David Einhorn’s speech regarding Lehman Brothers’ assets in Chapter 5?
8. How does the author describe John Thain’s rise in the financial world in Chapter 7?
9. What meeting does the author describe Jamie Dimon attending in the Prologue of Too Big to Fail?
10. How does the author describe Jamie Dimon’s position in the Bear Stearns deal in Chapter 3?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)