|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Citigroup, Bob Willumstad went on to start what private-equity fund?
(a) Lehman Brothers
(b) Brysam Global Partners
(c) Wells Fargo
(d) Westwood Capital LLC
2. Where was Hank Paulson born?
(a) Billings, MT
(b) Palm Beach, FL
(c) Des Moines, IA
(d) Knoxville, TN
3. Jamie Dimon told Hank Paulson that JP Morgan had upped its offer from $2 per share to what in Chapter 2?
(a) $9 per share
(b) $10 per share
(c) $4 per share
(d) $16 per share
4. On what date did Lehman Brothers release its earnings report for the first quarter of 2008?
(a) April 1, 2009
(b) March 18, 2008
(c) June 22, 2008
(d) February 6, 2008
5. Who was Dick Fuld’s mentor at the global financial services firm where he began working and later led the company for much of his career?
(a) Greg Curl
(b) Jeb Mason
(c) Lewis Glucksman
(d) John Mack
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 3, Bob Steel knew he would face scrutiny from which U.S. senator who opposed government intervention in the markets?
2. How old was David Einhorn described as being when he prepared for a speech at the Ira W. Sohn Investment Research Conference in Chapter 5?
3. Who is described as Lehman Brothers’ spokesperson in Chapter 6?
4. Timothy Geithner was the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York during what years?
5. Dick Fuld was the CEO of what global financial services firm in March, 2008?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jamie Dimon inform his executive staff after attending the meeting described in the Prologue?
2. How does Andrew Ross Sorkin explain the underlying cause of the sub-prime mortgage crisis of 2008 in the Prologue of Too Big to Fail?
3. How is Timothy Geithner characterized in Chapter 3? What position did he hold at the Federal Reserve?
4. How does the author describe David Einhorn in Chapter 5?
5. How is Dick Fuld’s career described in Chapter 1? Who did Fuld choose as his right-hand-man at Lehman Brothers?
6. Who was let go from Lehman Brothers during an executive committee meeting in Chapter 6?
7. What was Hank Paulson’s first concern regarding the possibility of failure of Lehman Brothers, according to the author in Chapter 4?
8. How does the author describe Jamie Dimon’s position in the Bear Stearns deal in Chapter 3?
9. What meeting does the author describe Jamie Dimon attending in the Prologue of Too Big to Fail?
10. Who did Bob Willumstad replace as CEO of AIG? How does the author describe Hank Greenberg’s thoughts on this transition in Chapter 8?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)