|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry Paulson cut his meeting short with the bankers in Chapter 11 because he was going with his family to attend the Olympic Games where?
2. Greg Curl informed Hank Paulson that Bank of America would agree to the deal regarding Lehman Brothers only if the government was willing to take how much of losses on Lehman’s assets in Chapter 14?
(a) $10 billion
(b) $20 billion
(c) $40 billion
(d) $30 billion
3. Who is described in Chapter 11 as the Vice Chairman of Global Capital Markets at Morgan Stanley?
(a) Lewis Glucksman
(b) Daniel A. Simkowitz
(c) Eliot Spitzer
(d) Hank Greenberg
4. What headline on the Wall Street Journal was nagging at John Mack in the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Morgan Stanley's Government Gig
(b) Goldman Sachs Charged With Fraud
(c) Buffett to Invest $5 Billion in Goldman
(d) Goldman, Morgan Now Stand Alone; Fight On or Fold?
5. Who was described as the “seasoned reporter” at CNBC in Chapter 12?
(a) David Faber
(b) Frank Zarb
(c) Michael Cavanaugh
(d) Charlie Scharf
6. When did Bob Willumstad accept the position of CEO of AIG?
(a) November, 2005
(b) March, 2007
(c) June, 2008
(d) August, 2006
7. Who was described as the Managing Director of Westwood Capital LLC in Chapter 11?
(a) Dan Alpert
(b) Dick Fuld
(c) David Goldfarb
(d) David Einhorn
8. On what date does the author describe Bart McDade and Alex Kirk arriving in Dick Fuld’s office in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) September 10, 2008
(b) November 14, 2008
(c) July 28, 2008
(d) March 5, 2009
9. Chapter 15 begins with the author’s description of the combined efforts to save Lehman Brothers beginning on what date?
(a) August 26, 2008
(b) December 13, 2008
(c) September 14, 2008
(d) October 8, 2008
10. What is the address of the New York Federal Reserve Building?
(a) 33 Liberty Street
(b) 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
(c) 13 Wealth Boulevard
(d) 76 Justice Road
11. Mitsubishi agreed to an investment of how much in Morgan Stanley in Chapter 18?
(a) $3 billion
(b) $34 billion
(c) $17 billion
(d) $9 billion
12. Bart McDade and Skip McGee from Lehman Brothers met with whom from KDB to hammer out a deal in Chapter 11?
(a) Gao Xiqing
(b) Min Euoo Song
(c) Vikram Pandit
(d) Jun Kwang-woo
13. During the meeting of the top bankers at the New York Federal Reserve Building in Chapter 14, the bankers quickly renamed the company called SpinCo as what?
14. Henry Paulson announced his plan to stop the market panic in Chapter 18. This plan was called TARP, which stands for what?
(a) Technology Advancement Reward Program
(b) Taxable Asset Recuperation Program
(c) Terminal Asset Reduction Philosophy
(d) Troubled Asset Relief Program
15. Who did Dick Fuld contact at the Federal Reserve about Lehman Brothers possibly becoming a bank company in Chapter 10?
(a) Rick Lazio
(b) Timothy Geithner
(c) Bob Hoyt
(d) Barry Zubrow
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding the problems at AIG, the plan that was finally put in place was for the government to take over 80% of AIG in exchange for a loan of how much?
2. Lloyd Blankfein was waiting to make a speech in Chapter 14 that discussed Goldman Sachs’ nonprofit program that fostered business and management education for whom?
3. Lloyd Blankfein was waiting to make a keynote address following whose speech in Chapter 14?
4. AIG was scheduled to report what losses in its second quarter in Chapter 11?
5. What analyze at Fox-Pitt Kelton is quoted in the New York Times in Chapter 13 as saying, “Some may worry that Treasury has taken on so much taxpayer burden they don’t have any remaining capacity to take on the burdens of Lehman”?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)