|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Morgan Stanley had entered into talks with whom from CIC in Chapter 18?
(a) Min Euoo Song
(b) Jun Kwang-woo
(c) Jean-Claude Trichet
(d) Gao Xiqing
2. John Mack at Morgan Stanley knew that his company had to find an investment partner to stay alive in Chapter 18. They had been looking at the books of what banking institution but were not enthusiastic about what they found?
(c) Northern Trust
(d) Bank of America
3. What giant money market fund had “broken the buck a day earlier” in Chapter 17?
(a) The International Monetary Fund
(b) Westwood Capital LLC
(c) Reserve Primary Fund
(d) China Investment Corporation
4. Lloyd Blankfein was waiting to make a speech in Chapter 14 that discussed Goldman Sachs’ nonprofit program that fostered business and management education for whom?
(d) The elderly
5. Under whose guidance did Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley receive status as bank holding companies in Chapter 18?
(a) John Mack’s
(b) Colm Kelleher’s
(c) Barry Zubrow’s
(d) Timothy Geithner’s
6. What headline on the Wall Street Journal was nagging at John Mack in the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Goldman Sachs Charged With Fraud
(b) Goldman, Morgan Now Stand Alone; Fight On or Fold?
(c) Buffett to Invest $5 Billion in Goldman
(d) Morgan Stanley's Government Gig
7. What British heist movie does the author describe Dick Fuld and the Lehman team watching as they returned from Seoul in Chapter 11?
(a) Dog Day Afternoon
(d) The Bank Job
8. Who was described as the head of the FDIC in Chapter 12?
(a) Jun Kwang-woo
(b) Erin Callan
(c) Sheila Bair
(d) Marge Magner
9. During the meeting of the top bankers at the New York Federal Reserve Building in Chapter 14, the bankers quickly renamed the company called SpinCo as what?
10. When did Bob Willumstad accept the position of CEO of AIG?
(a) March, 2007
(b) June, 2008
(c) November, 2005
(d) August, 2006
11. Who was described as the head of Northern Trust in Chapter 17?
(a) Skip McGee
(b) Charlie Scharf
(c) John Thain
(d) Rick Waddell
12. Henry Paulson cut his meeting short with the bankers in Chapter 11 because he was going with his family to attend the Olympic Games where?
13. Who was described as Hank Paulson’s adversary on the Senate Banking Committee in Chapter 10?
(a) Jim Wilkinson
(b) David Goldfarb
(c) David Faber
(d) Jim Bunning
14. As part of the plan for dealing with AIG’s problems, Bob Willumstad would be replaced as CEO of AIG by who, according to the author in Chapter 16?
(a) Ed Liddy
(b) Lewis Glucksman
(c) Robert Scully
(d) Eliot Spitzer
15. Chapter 18 opens with the author’s description of what date?
(a) August 24, 2008
(b) September 3, 2008
(c) October 3, 2008
(d) September 19, 2008
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Dick Fuld meet along with the board of Morgan Stanley in order to find a lifeline for Lehman Brothers in Chapter 10?
2. What is the common name for the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation?
3. Who is described in Chapter 12 as “a former Republican representative from New York, whom Dimon had hired as executive vice president of global government relations and public policy”?
4. Freddie Mac had a reported loss of how much in the morning when Henry Paulson met with the top bankers at the Treasury building in Chapter 11?
5. Who was described as the Managing Director of Westwood Capital LLC in Chapter 11?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)