|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Timothy Geithner was the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York during what years?
2. John Thain went to Michael Bloomberg and proposed that Bloomberg buy back what percent of his company from the bank in Chapter 7?
3. Who was described as the Chief Financial Officer at Goldman Sachs in Chapter 9?
(a) Lloyd Blankfein
(b) Joe Gregory
(c) Andrew Gowers
(d) David Viniar
4. What title did Hank Paulson hold in 2008?
(a) United States Secretary of State
(b) United States Secretary of Education
(c) United States Secretary of the Treasury
(d) United States Secretary of the Interior
5. In 2008, AIG had grown into one of the world’s largest financial companies, with more than how much worth of assets on its books?
(a) $800 billion
(b) $450 billion
(c) $300 billion
(d) $1 trillion
6. Who was Bob Willumstad’s partner in starting a private-equity fund after he left Citigroup?
(a) Scott Friedheim
(b) Sandy Weill
(c) Marge Magner
(d) Gerald Donini
7. According to the author in Chapter 5, David Einhorn was a hedge manager controlling over how much money in assets?
(a) $6 billion
(b) $10 billion
(c) $3 billion
(d) $12 billion
8. On what date did Lloyd Blankfein arrive in the city where the Goldman Sachs board meeting was to take place in Chapter 9?
(a) October 21, 2007
(b) June 27, 2008
(c) November 16, 2008
(d) March 4, 2007
9. In what year did Hank Paulson become a partner at Goldman Sachs?
10. Where was Dick Fuld born?
(a) New Orleans, LA
(b) Dallas, TX
(c) Chicago, IL
(d) New York, NY
11. Hank Paulson and his staff prepared a secret plan for how to deal with the situation in Chapter 4. Their plan proposed that should the banks fail, the Treasury Department would purchase up to how many of the bad assets of the banks in order to stabilize the market?
(a) $300 billion
(b) $200 billion
(c) $100 billion
(d) $500 billion
12. John Thain was described as the CEO of which investment banking and wealth management firm in Chapter 7?
(a) Lehman Brothers
(b) Merrill Lynch
(c) Greenlight Capital
(d) Berkshire Hathaway
13. Who was the Chairman of the Federal Reserve in 2008?
(a) Ben Bernanke
(b) Jim Bunning
(c) Jon Corzine
(d) Michael Bloomberg
14. Who was the Chief Financial Officer of Lehman Brothers that presented the earnings report for the first quarter of 2008?
(a) Skip McGee
(b) Barry Zubrow
(c) Erin Callan
(d) David Einhorn
15. Who was the founder of the company that would become AIG?
(a) Jamie Dimon
(b) Michael Bloomberg
(c) Cornelius Vander Starr
(d) Warren Buffett
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as Lehman Brothers’ spokesperson in Chapter 6?
2. What refers to a security interest in real property held by a lender as a security for a debt?
3. On what date did Lehman Brothers release its earnings report for the first quarter of 2008?
4. On what morning does the author describe Jamie Dimon awakening after an emergency meeting at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York with a dozen of his rival Wall Street CEOs in the beginning of the Prologue?
5. With what country had Dick Fuld been working for a month to secure capital for Lehman in Chapter 6?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)