|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Dick Fuld’s Chief Strategy Officer in Chapter 6?
(a) Jim Cramer
(b) Lloyd Blankfein
(c) John F. Rogers
(d) David Goldfarb
2. Who was the head of communications at Lehman Brothers in Chapter 6?
(a) Jeremiah Norton
(b) Michael Cavanaugh
(c) Tony Ryan
(d) Andrew Gowers
3. Warren Buffett is the primary shareholder, chairman and CEO of what American multinational conglomerate holding company?
(b) Westwood Capital LLC
(c) Berkshire Hathaway
(d) Wells Fargo
4. Dick Fuld was the CEO of what global financial services firm in March, 2008?
(a) JP Morgan
(b) Wells Fargo
(c) Greenlight Capital
(d) Lehman Brothers
5. With all eyes on Lehman after the Bear collapse, Hank Paulson suggested to Dick Fuld that it would be a good idea for Lehman to increase its holdings of what to shore up confidence in the bank?
6. With what country had Dick Fuld been working for a month to secure capital for Lehman in Chapter 6?
(a) South Korea
7. Lloyd Blankfein had assembled a meeting of the board of Goldman Sachs where in Chapter 9?
8. Gerald Donini asserts when speaking with Jim Cramer in Chapter 5 that he felt the real problem in the marketplace wasn’t short-selling, but what?
(b) Subprime lending
9. According to the author in Chapter 6, Scott Friedheim was an executive in whose mold?
(a) Ben Bernanke’s
(b) Warren Buffett’s
(c) Joe Gregory’s
(d) Arnold Swarzanegger’s
10. Hank Paulson joined Goldman Sachs covering large industrial companies in the Midwest in what year?
11. Who was Dick Fuld’s mentor at the global financial services firm where he began working and later led the company for much of his career?
(a) Lewis Glucksman
(b) Greg Curl
(c) Jeb Mason
(d) John Mack
12. After leaving Citigroup, Bob Willumstad went on to start what private-equity fund?
(a) Wells Fargo
(b) Westwood Capital LLC
(c) Lehman Brothers
(d) Brysam Global Partners
13. According to the author in Chapter 3, Bob Steel knew he would face scrutiny from which U.S. senator who opposed government intervention in the markets?
(a) Senator Jay Rockefeller
(b) Senator Jim Bunning
(c) Senator Lisa Murkowski
(d) Senator Daniel Akaka
14. How old was Scott Friedheim described by the author in Chapter 6?
15. In what year was Bob Willumstad outmaneuvered by Sandy Weill from Citigroup, according to the author in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Scott Friedheim believe to be responsible for the leak to the Wall Street Journal in Chapter 6?
2. Dick Fuld expressed his belief that Lehman Brothers was under attack by what in Chapter 4?
3. Who is described as Lehman Brothers’ spokesperson in Chapter 6?
4. Timothy Geithner worked for the Treasury Department and what organization prior to his appointment as President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York?
5. According to the author in Chapter 5, David Einhorn was a hedge manager controlling over how much money in assets?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)