|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dick Fuld and who called Warren Buffett to ask him to consider investing in Lehman Brothers, according to the author in Chapter 2?
(a) Cornelius Vander Starr
(b) Kerrie Cohen
(c) Erin Callan
(d) Bob Diamond
2. Jamie Dimon told Hank Paulson that JP Morgan had upped its offer from $2 per share to what in Chapter 2?
(a) $9 per share
(b) $16 per share
(c) $4 per share
(d) $10 per share
3. What analyze at Fox-Pitt Kelton is quoted in the New York Times in Chapter 13 as saying, “Some may worry that Treasury has taken on so much taxpayer burden they don’t have any remaining capacity to take on the burdens of Lehman”?
(a) Robert Scully
(b) David Trone
(c) Jeremiah Norton
(d) Andrew Gowers
4. According to the author in the Epilogue, “Citigroup, the largest American financial institution before the crisis, devolved into what Treasury officials began referring to as” what?
(a) The Financial Asteroid
(b) The Black Hole
(c) The Death Star
(d) The Never Ending Story
5. In the mid-1980s, Bob Willumstad was rising through the executive ranks of what financial corporation?
(a) Westwood Capital LLC
(b) Northern Trust
(d) Chemical Bank
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was described as the President of Merrill Lynch in Chapter 13?
2. After the weekend of meetings of the top bankers and the Fed, they were told that no solution had been found and that the government strongly urged Lehman Brothers to do what in Chapter 15?
3. Who was described as the head of Bank of New York Mellon in Chapter 17?
4. What was referred to as “the good bank-bad bank plan” that McDade was thinking of announcing in Chapter 12?
5. Dick Fuld was the CEO of what global financial services firm in March, 2008?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)