|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Senator Jim Bunning, who had sparred with Paulson over the summer, had gone so far as to call Hank Paulson what, according to the author in Chapter 12?
(a) A Socialist
(b) A Capitalist
(c) A Libertarian
(d) A Communist
2. What does CIC stand for?
(a) Capitol Intelligence Company
(b) Cash Inflow Coalition
(c) China Investment Corporation
(d) Chinese Infrastructure Coalition
3. Gerald Donini asserts when speaking with Jim Cramer in Chapter 5 that he felt the real problem in the marketplace wasn’t short-selling, but what?
(b) Subprime lending
4. What critic for Architecture Magazine, wrote of the New York Federal Reserve Building in 1927 that the three-year-old building had “a quality which, for lack of a better word, I can best describe as epic”?
(a) Gao Xiqing
(b) Jean-Claude Trichet
(c) Margaret Law
(d) Vikram Pandit
5. What does FDIC stand for?
(a) Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
(b) Federal Denomination Investment Clause
(c) Fiscal Depreciation Investment Corporation
(d) Financial Deposit Insurance Company
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Hank Paulson born?
2. Who did Dick Fuld contact at the Federal Reserve about Lehman Brothers possibly becoming a bank company in Chapter 10?
3. Who was Bob Willumstad’s partner in starting a private-equity fund after he left Citigroup?
4. According to the author in Chapter 5, Dick Fuld “said that he had become convinced that two of the nation’s most powerful financiers were largely responsible for both the short raid and rumor mongering.” Who were these financiers?
5. How much was oil going for per barrel according to the author in Chapter 9?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)