|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the weekend of meetings of the top bankers and the Fed, they were told that no solution had been found and that the government strongly urged Lehman Brothers to do what in Chapter 15?
(a) Merge with another bank
(b) Accept a government loan
(c) Liquidate its assets
(d) File for bankruptcy
2. In the mid-1980s, Bob Willumstad was rising through the executive ranks of what financial corporation?
(a) Westwood Capital LLC
(c) Chemical Bank
(d) Northern Trust
3. What giant money market fund had “broken the buck a day earlier” in Chapter 17?
(a) Reserve Primary Fund
(b) China Investment Corporation
(c) The International Monetary Fund
(d) Westwood Capital LLC
4. What title did Hank Paulson hold in 2008?
(a) United States Secretary of Education
(b) United States Secretary of the Treasury
(c) United States Secretary of State
(d) United States Secretary of the Interior
5. Who was described as the Chief Financial Officer at Goldman Sachs in Chapter 9?
(a) David Viniar
(b) Joe Gregory
(c) Lloyd Blankfein
(d) Andrew Gowers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does FDIC stand for?
2. Who was described as the head of Northern Trust in Chapter 17?
3. Bob Steel was described as now being with what banking institution in Chapter 12?
4. What is the common name for the Federal National Mortgage Association?
5. The hedge fund Peloton had been started by what former Goldman executive, according to the author in Chapter 5?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)