|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Dick Fuld choose as his right-hand-man when he became CEO of a leading global financial services firm?
(a) Bob Kelly
(b) David Trone
(c) Joe Gregory
(d) Edward Liddy
2. The hedge fund Peloton had been started by what former Goldman executive, according to the author in Chapter 5?
(a) Frank Zarb
(b) David Goldfarb
(c) Bob Steel
(d) Ron Beller
3. According to the author in Chapter 1, Henry Paulson called and informed Dick Fuld that Bear Stearns collapsed and that the U.S. Treasury had taken the step of backing how much in Bear Stearns assets to restore confidence in the market?
(a) $15 billion
(b) $30 billion
(c) $8 billion
(d) $2 billion
4. Who nominated Hank Paulson to his post in the federal cabinet?
(a) Bill Clinton
(b) George W. Bush
(c) Dick Cheney
(d) Barack Obama
5. With all eyes on Lehman after the Bear collapse, Hank Paulson suggested to Dick Fuld that it would be a good idea for Lehman to increase its holdings of what to shore up confidence in the bank?
Short Answer Questions
1. Timothy Geithner was the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York during what years?
2. What British heist movie does the author describe Dick Fuld and the Lehman team watching as they returned from Seoul in Chapter 11?
3. Hank Paulson’s team of advisors in Chapter 12 included Tony Ryan, Jeremiah Norton, Jim Wilkinson, Jeb Mason, and whom?
4. On what date does the author describe Bart McDade and Alex Kirk arriving in Dick Fuld’s office in the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. Warren Buffett is the primary shareholder, chairman and CEO of what American multinational conglomerate holding company?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)