|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hank Paulson and his staff prepared a secret plan for how to deal with the situation should Lehman or another large firm go bankrupt, or if several banks should begin to fail at once. Who did they present their plan to in a meeting described by Sorkin in Chapter 4?
(a) Jim Cramer
(b) Ben Bernanke
(c) Daniel A. Simkowitz
(d) Michael Bloomberg
2. Who is described in Chapter 12 as “a former Republican representative from New York, whom Dimon had hired as executive vice president of global government relations and public policy”?
(a) Jim Bunning
(b) David Einhorn
(c) Michael Bloomberg
(d) Rick Lazio
3. What British heist movie does the author describe Dick Fuld and the Lehman team watching as they returned from Seoul in Chapter 11?
(a) The Bank Job
(b) Dog Day Afternoon
4. What critic for Architecture Magazine, wrote of the New York Federal Reserve Building in 1927 that the three-year-old building had “a quality which, for lack of a better word, I can best describe as epic”?
(a) Jean-Claude Trichet
(b) Margaret Law
(c) Vikram Pandit
(d) Gao Xiqing
5. David Einhorn was the founder and president of what hedge fund?
(a) Westwood Capital LLC
(b) Brysam Global Partners
(c) Greenlight Capital
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was David Einhorn described as being when he prepared for a speech at the Ira W. Sohn Investment Research Conference in Chapter 5?
2. During the meeting of the top bankers at the New York Federal Reserve Building in Chapter 14, the bankers quickly renamed the company called SpinCo as what?
3. AIG began with what name in a small office in Shanghai in 1919?
4. Who was described as Hank Paulson’s adversary on the Senate Banking Committee in Chapter 10?
5. Who nominated Hank Paulson to his post in the federal cabinet?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)