|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bob Willumstad refer to as the former Chairman at AIG that thought Willumstad’s position was all or nothing in Chapter 8?
(a) Skip McGee
(b) David Faber
(c) John Thain
(d) Frank Zarb
2. Where does the author say Gerald Domini lived in Chapter 5?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts
(b) Summit, NJ
(c) Bangor, Maine
(d) Hartford, Connecticut
3. According to the author in Chapter 15, what banking institution was still interested in the broker-dealer part of Lehman, and everyone thought a deal was all but completed until they heard news otherwise?
(a) Chemical Bank
(b) Greenlight Capital
(d) American International Group
4. Hank Paulson’s team of advisors in Chapter 12 included Tony Ryan, Jeremiah Norton, Jim Wilkinson, Jeb Mason, and whom?
(a) Bob Hoyt
(b) Kerrie Cohen
(c) Frank Zarb
(d) Rick Lazio
5. By what name is the regulation that “had been introduced by the Securities and Exchange Commission in 1938 to prevent investors from continually shorting a stock that was falling” called?
(a) The downdraft rule
(b) The salvation rule
(c) The uptick rule
(d) The cutback rule
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does the author describe Bart McDade and Alex Kirk arriving in Dick Fuld’s office in the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. What word from Chapter 5 derives from German and describes an all-motorized force concentration of tanks, infantry, artillery, combat engineers and air power?
3. Who did Dick Fuld choose as his right-hand-man when he became CEO of a leading global financial services firm?
4. What title did Hank Paulson hold in 2008?
5. In the mid-1980s, Bob Willumstad was rising through the executive ranks of what financial corporation?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)