|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the quarterly losses that were announced at Lehman Brothers on June 9, 2008?
(a) $2.8 billion
(b) $1.7 billion
(c) $2.2 billion
(d) $3.6 billion
2. Warren Buffett is the primary shareholder, chairman and CEO of what American multinational conglomerate holding company?
(a) Westwood Capital LLC
(b) Wells Fargo
(c) Berkshire Hathaway
3. Who nominated Hank Paulson to his post in the federal cabinet?
(a) Bill Clinton
(b) Dick Cheney
(c) George W. Bush
(d) Barack Obama
4. Lloyd Blankfein had assembled a meeting of the board of Goldman Sachs where in Chapter 9?
5. What refers to a security interest in real property held by a lender as a security for a debt?
(b) Subprime lending
Short Answer Questions
1. What title did Hank Paulson hold in 2008?
2. Who was the head of communications at Lehman Brothers in Chapter 6?
3. Who was Dick Fuld’s mentor at the global financial services firm where he began working and later led the company for much of his career?
4. On what date did Lloyd Blankfein arrive in the city where the Goldman Sachs board meeting was to take place in Chapter 9?
5. On what date did Lehman Brothers release its earnings report for the first quarter of 2008?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)