|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Chairman of the Board of AIG’s outside law firm in Chapter 8?
(a) Richards, Abbot & James
(b) Michaels, Frederick & Williams
(c) Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
(d) Stephens, Jones, and Thompson
2. Jamie Dimon told Hank Paulson that JP Morgan had upped its offer from $2 per share to what in Chapter 2?
(a) $9 per share
(b) $10 per share
(c) $16 per share
(d) $4 per share
3. According to the author in Chapter 3, Bob Steel knew he would face scrutiny from which U.S. senator who opposed government intervention in the markets?
(a) Senator Jim Bunning
(b) Senator Jay Rockefeller
(c) Senator Lisa Murkowski
(d) Senator Daniel Akaka
4. On what date did Lehman Brothers release its earnings report for the first quarter of 2008?
(a) February 6, 2008
(b) March 18, 2008
(c) June 22, 2008
(d) April 1, 2009
5. Who was the head of communications at Lehman Brothers in Chapter 6?
(a) Andrew Gowers
(b) Tony Ryan
(c) Jeremiah Norton
(d) Michael Cavanaugh
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the largest and most prestigious investment bank in the nation that Jamie Dimon advised his staff could possibly file bankruptcy in the Prologue?
2. Who was the Chairman of the Federal Reserve in 2008?
3. Who did Bob Willumstad refer to as the former Chairman at AIG that thought Willumstad’s position was all or nothing in Chapter 8?
4. The hedge fund Peloton had been started by what former Goldman executive, according to the author in Chapter 5?
5. How much was oil going for per barrel according to the author in Chapter 9?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)