|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Chairman of the Federal Reserve in 2008?
(a) Jon Corzine
(b) Jim Bunning
(c) Michael Bloomberg
(d) Ben Bernanke
2. What word from Chapter 5 derives from German and describes an all-motorized force concentration of tanks, infantry, artillery, combat engineers and air power?
3. Who was the head of communications at Lehman Brothers in Chapter 6?
(a) Tony Ryan
(b) Michael Cavanaugh
(c) Jeremiah Norton
(d) Andrew Gowers
4. What title did Hank Paulson hold in 2008?
(a) United States Secretary of Education
(b) United States Secretary of State
(c) United States Secretary of the Interior
(d) United States Secretary of the Treasury
5. Who is described as Lehman Brothers’ spokesperson in Chapter 6?
(a) Margaret Law
(b) Erin Callan
(c) Sheila Bair
(d) Kerrie Cohen
Short Answer Questions
1. On the heels of David Einhorn’s campaign against Lehman Brothers, Lehman’s stock had fallen how much since Einhorn’s speech in May, according to the author in Chapter 6?
2. Who did Bob Willumstad refer to as the former Chairman at AIG that thought Willumstad’s position was all or nothing in Chapter 8?
3. Bob Willumstad had been asked by the board of AIG to replace whom as CEO in Chapter 8?
4. Where was Dick Fuld visiting when he received an urgent call from Henry Paulson regarding the collapse of the fifth largest investment bank in the U.S., according to the author in Chapter 1?
5. On what date does the author describe Dick Fuld holding a copy of the Wall Street Journal with an article on page C1 that was deemed by him “the worst betrayal of my career” in Chapter 6?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)