|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dick Fuld receive his B.A. and B.S. in 1969?
(a) The University of Colorado at Boulder
(b) The University of Idaho at Boise
(c) The University of Arizona at Flagstaff
(d) The University of Washington at Tacoma
2. What was the largest and most prestigious investment bank in the nation that Jamie Dimon advised his staff could possibly file bankruptcy in the Prologue?
(b) Wells Fargo
(c) Goldman Sachs
3. By what nickname is Warren Buffett known in the financial world?
(a) The Money Machine
(b) The Wealth Extractor
(c) The Wizard of Omaha
(d) Rich Uncle Pennybags
4. When was Warren Buffett born?
5. Hank Paulson and his staff prepared a secret plan for how to deal with the situation in Chapter 4. Their plan proposed that should the banks fail, the Treasury Department would purchase up to how many of the bad assets of the banks in order to stabilize the market?
(a) $300 billion
(b) $200 billion
(c) $100 billion
(d) $500 billion
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name is the regulation that “had been introduced by the Securities and Exchange Commission in 1938 to prevent investors from continually shorting a stock that was falling” called?
2. Who did Scott Friedheim believe to be responsible for the leak to the Wall Street Journal in Chapter 6?
3. Who was Dick Fuld’s mentor at the global financial services firm where he began working and later led the company for much of his career?
4. John Thain went to Michael Bloomberg and proposed that Bloomberg buy back what percent of his company from the bank in Chapter 7?
5. What was the name of Lehman Brothers’ bomb-sniffing Labrador described in Chapter 5?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)