|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hank Paulson joined Goldman Sachs covering large industrial companies in the Midwest in what year?
2. Where did Hank Paulson earn his B.A. in English?
(a) Yale University
(b) Dartmouth College
(c) Harvard University
(d) Stanford University
3. According to the author in Chapter 3, Bob Steel knew he would face scrutiny from which U.S. senator who opposed government intervention in the markets?
(a) Senator Jay Rockefeller
(b) Senator Lisa Murkowski
(c) Senator Jim Bunning
(d) Senator Daniel Akaka
4. Hank Paulson and his staff prepared a secret plan for how to deal with the situation should Lehman or another large firm go bankrupt, or if several banks should begin to fail at once. Who did they present their plan to in a meeting described by Sorkin in Chapter 4?
(a) Michael Bloomberg
(b) Jim Cramer
(c) Ben Bernanke
(d) Daniel A. Simkowitz
5. With what country had Dick Fuld been working for a month to secure capital for Lehman in Chapter 6?
(b) South Korea
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did John Thain replace in his position as CEO in 2007, as described by the author in Chapter 7?
2. According to the author in Chapter 1, Henry Paulson called and informed Dick Fuld that Bear Stearns collapsed and would be bought by what investment company?
3. According to the author in Chapter 3, Geithner kept Jamie Dimon from abandoning the negotiations with Bear Stearns by working out a deal where the Federal Reserve lent money to Bear Stearns through JP Morgan, guaranteeing Morgan against how much in losses?
4. Where was Dick Fuld born?
5. Who nominated Hank Paulson to his post in the federal cabinet?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)