|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dick Fuld and who called Warren Buffett to ask him to consider investing in Lehman Brothers, according to the author in Chapter 2?
(a) Kerrie Cohen
(b) Cornelius Vander Starr
(c) Bob Diamond
(d) Erin Callan
2. On what date did Lehman Brothers release its earnings report for the first quarter of 2008?
(a) June 22, 2008
(b) February 6, 2008
(c) April 1, 2009
(d) March 18, 2008
3. With all eyes on Lehman after the Bear collapse, Hank Paulson suggested to Dick Fuld that it would be a good idea for Lehman to increase its holdings of what to shore up confidence in the bank?
4. When did FAS 157 become effective?
(a) August 1, 2004
(b) November 15, 2007
(c) June 28, 2005
(d) May 9, 2006
5. Who was Dick Fuld’s mentor at the global financial services firm where he began working and later led the company for much of his career?
(a) Lewis Glucksman
(b) Greg Curl
(c) Jeb Mason
(d) John Mack
Short Answer Questions
1. Dick Fuld was the CEO of what global financial services firm in March, 2008?
2. What was the name of Lehman Brothers’ bomb-sniffing Labrador described in Chapter 5?
3. Jamie Dimon was the Chief Executive Officer of what banking and financial services holding company in 2008?
4. Where did Dick Fuld receive his B.A. and B.S. in 1969?
5. Gerald Donini asserts when speaking with Jim Cramer in Chapter 5 that he felt the real problem in the marketplace wasn’t short-selling, but what?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)