|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 5, Jim Cramer, a media star, was solidly Harvard and counted as one of his best friends which individual called “the bane of Wall Street”?
(a) Eliot Spitzer
(b) Ron Beller
(c) Kevin Warsh
(d) Jim Cracchiolo
2. Where was Hank Paulson born?
(a) Des Moines, IA
(b) Palm Beach, FL
(c) Knoxville, TN
(d) Billings, MT
3. Who was the Chairman of the Federal Reserve in 2008?
(a) Ben Bernanke
(b) Jon Corzine
(c) Jim Bunning
(d) Michael Bloomberg
4. According to the author in Chapter 5, David Einhorn was a hedge manager controlling over how much money in assets?
(a) $10 billion
(b) $6 billion
(c) $3 billion
(d) $12 billion
5. Hank Paulson joined Goldman Sachs covering large industrial companies in the Midwest in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 1, Henry Paulson called and informed Dick Fuld that Bear Stearns collapsed and would be bought by what investment company?
2. According to the author in Chapter 3, Bob Steel knew he would face scrutiny from which U.S. senator who opposed government intervention in the markets?
3. According to the author in Chapter 3, Geithner kept Jamie Dimon from abandoning the negotiations with Bear Stearns by working out a deal where the Federal Reserve lent money to Bear Stearns through JP Morgan, guaranteeing Morgan against how much in losses?
4. Warren Buffett is the primary shareholder, chairman and CEO of what American multinational conglomerate holding company?
5. What was the name of Lehman Brothers’ bomb-sniffing Labrador described in Chapter 5?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)