|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim Cramer was a popular television celebrity with an influential financial program on what network, according to the author in Chapter 5?
2. Dick Fuld expressed his belief that Lehman Brothers was under attack by what in Chapter 4?
(d) Subprime lenders
3. Who nominated Hank Paulson to his post in the federal cabinet?
(a) George W. Bush
(b) Bill Clinton
(c) Barack Obama
(d) Dick Cheney
4. According to the author in Chapter 1, Henry Paulson called and informed Dick Fuld that Bear Stearns collapsed and would be bought by what investment company?
(b) Merrill Lynch
(c) JP Morgan
(d) Goldman Sachs
5. Who did Hank Paulson succeed as Chief Executive of Goldman Sachs?
(a) Jamie Dimon
(b) David Einhorn
(c) Jon Corzine
(d) Gerald Donini
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 5, Jim Cramer, a media star, was solidly Harvard and counted as one of his best friends which individual called “the bane of Wall Street”?
2. According to the author in Chapter 1, Henry Paulson called and informed Dick Fuld that Bear Stearns collapsed and that the U.S. Treasury had taken the step of backing how much in Bear Stearns assets to restore confidence in the market?
3. By what name is the regulation that “had been introduced by the Securities and Exchange Commission in 1938 to prevent investors from continually shorting a stock that was falling” called?
4. Timothy Geithner worked for the Treasury Department and what organization prior to his appointment as President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York?
5. Timothy Geithner was the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York during what years?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)