|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Timothy Geithner worked for the Treasury Department and what organization prior to his appointment as President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York?
(a) The Bank of Berlin
(b) The World Bank
(c) The International Monetary Fund
(d) The Bank of Rome
2. Who did Hank Paulson succeed as Chief Executive of Goldman Sachs?
(a) David Einhorn
(b) Jon Corzine
(c) Gerald Donini
(d) Jamie Dimon
3. Hank Paulson joined Goldman Sachs covering large industrial companies in the Midwest in what year?
4. What refers to a security interest in real property held by a lender as a security for a debt?
(a) Subprime lending
5. Who was the Chief Financial Officer of Lehman Brothers that presented the earnings report for the first quarter of 2008?
(a) Erin Callan
(b) Barry Zubrow
(c) David Einhorn
(d) Skip McGee
Short Answer Questions
1. Dick Fuld and who called Warren Buffett to ask him to consider investing in Lehman Brothers, according to the author in Chapter 2?
2. According to the author in Chapter 3, Geithner kept Jamie Dimon from abandoning the negotiations with Bear Stearns by working out a deal where the Federal Reserve lent money to Bear Stearns through JP Morgan, guaranteeing Morgan against how much in losses?
3. On what date did Lehman Brothers release its earnings report for the first quarter of 2008?
4. Timothy Geithner was the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York during what years?
5. What was the largest and most prestigious investment bank in the nation that Jamie Dimon advised his staff could possibly file bankruptcy in the Prologue?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)