|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Warren Buffett is the primary shareholder, chairman and CEO of what American multinational conglomerate holding company?
(a) Westwood Capital LLC
(c) Wells Fargo
(d) Berkshire Hathaway
2. What word in finance refers to the act of making loans to people who may have difficulty maintaining the repayment schedule?
(a) Derivative lending
(c) Subprime lending
(d) Naked short-selling
3. Who nominated Hank Paulson to his post in the federal cabinet?
(a) Dick Cheney
(b) Bill Clinton
(c) George W. Bush
(d) Barack Obama
4. Who was Dick Fuld’s mentor at the global financial services firm where he began working and later led the company for much of his career?
(a) Lewis Glucksman
(b) John Mack
(c) Greg Curl
(d) Jeb Mason
5. What was the largest and most prestigious investment bank in the nation that Jamie Dimon advised his staff could possibly file bankruptcy in the Prologue?
(a) Goldman Sachs
(b) Wells Fargo
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a security interest in real property held by a lender as a security for a debt?
2. Jamie Dimon was the Chief Executive Officer of what banking and financial services holding company in 2008?
3. Who was the Chief Financial Officer of Lehman Brothers that presented the earnings report for the first quarter of 2008?
4. When was Warren Buffett born?
5. According to the author in Chapter 3, Bob Steel knew he would face scrutiny from which U.S. senator who opposed government intervention in the markets?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)