|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did Lloyd Blankfein arrive in the city where the Goldman Sachs board meeting was to take place in Chapter 9?
(a) June 27, 2008
(b) October 21, 2007
(c) March 4, 2007
(d) November 16, 2008
2. What is the common name for the Federal National Mortgage Association?
(b) Reserve Primary Fund
(d) Fannie Mae
3. Where did Dick Fuld receive his B.A. and B.S. in 1969?
(a) The University of Arizona at Flagstaff
(b) The University of Colorado at Boulder
(c) The University of Idaho at Boise
(d) The University of Washington at Tacoma
4. What was the name of Lehman Brothers’ bomb-sniffing Labrador described in Chapter 5?
5. According to the author in Chapter 14, beneath the New York Federal Reserve Building lies a three-level vault that holds more than how much money’s worth of gold?
(a) $100 billion
(b) $10 billion
(c) $30 billion
(d) $60 billion
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the head of communications at Lehman Brothers in Chapter 6?
2. What were the quarterly losses that were announced at Lehman Brothers on June 9, 2008?
3. Who did Jamie Dimon take with him to meet with Ben Bernanke in Chapter 12?
4. By what nickname is Warren Buffett known in the financial world?
5. What critic for Architecture Magazine, wrote of the New York Federal Reserve Building in 1927 that the three-year-old building had “a quality which, for lack of a better word, I can best describe as epic”?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)