|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With all eyes on Lehman after the Bear collapse, Hank Paulson suggested to Dick Fuld that it would be a good idea for Lehman to increase its holdings of what to shore up confidence in the bank?
2. How old was Scott Friedheim described by the author in Chapter 6?
3. By what name is the regulation that “had been introduced by the Securities and Exchange Commission in 1938 to prevent investors from continually shorting a stock that was falling” called?
(a) The cutback rule
(b) The uptick rule
(c) The downdraft rule
(d) The salvation rule
4. Bob Steel called which old friend at Barclays Bank in London to ask if Barclays might be interested in purchasing Lehman in Chapter 4?
(a) Bob Diamond
(b) Dan Alpert
(c) David Viniar
(d) Vikram Pandit
5. According to the author in Chapter 14, beneath the New York Federal Reserve Building lies a three-level vault that holds more than how much money’s worth of gold?
(a) $10 billion
(b) $30 billion
(c) $100 billion
(d) $60 billion
Short Answer Questions
1. Larry Fink was described in Chapter12 as being from what financial institution?
2. Warren Buffett is the primary shareholder, chairman and CEO of what American multinational conglomerate holding company?
3. According to the author in Chapter 3, Bob Steel knew he would face scrutiny from which U.S. senator who opposed government intervention in the markets?
4. According to the author in Chapter 3, Geithner kept Jamie Dimon from abandoning the negotiations with Bear Stearns by working out a deal where the Federal Reserve lent money to Bear Stearns through JP Morgan, guaranteeing Morgan against how much in losses?
5. After leaving Citigroup, Bob Willumstad went on to start what private-equity fund?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)