|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was described as the head of Bank of New York Mellon in Chapter 17?
(a) Bob Kelly
(b) Gerald Donini
(c) Joe Gregory
(d) David Einhorn
2. Jim Cracchiolo was described as the head of what institution in Chapter 17?
(a) Greenlight Capital
(b) Brysam Global Partners
(c) Morgan Stanley
3. Bart McDade and Skip McGee from Lehman Brothers met with whom from KDB to hammer out a deal in Chapter 11?
(a) Gao Xiqing
(b) Vikram Pandit
(c) Min Euoo Song
(d) Jun Kwang-woo
4. Gerald Donini asserts when speaking with Jim Cramer in Chapter 5 that he felt the real problem in the marketplace wasn’t short-selling, but what?
(c) Subprime lending
5. Who complained to Henry Paulson that short sellers were spreading false rumors to drive the panic after the government’s intervention with AIG in Chapter 17?
(a) Martin Sullivan
(b) Sandy Weill
(c) John Mack
(d) Marge Magner
Short Answer Questions
1. Dick Fuld expressed his belief that Lehman Brothers was under attack by what in Chapter 4?
2. By what name is the regulation that “had been introduced by the Securities and Exchange Commission in 1938 to prevent investors from continually shorting a stock that was falling” called?
3. Who did Dick Fuld ask to put in a word with the Korean bank for Lehman Brothers in Chapter 10?
4. In what year does the author state Long-Term Capital Management blew up in Chapter 5?
5. As part of the plan for dealing with AIG’s problems, Bob Willumstad would be replaced as CEO of AIG by who, according to the author in Chapter 16?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)