|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Dick Fuld meet along with the board of Morgan Stanley in order to find a lifeline for Lehman Brothers in Chapter 10?
(a) Colm Kelleher
(b) Rick Waddell
(c) Jim Cracchiolo
(d) John Mack
2. Who did Dick Fuld contact at the Federal Reserve about Lehman Brothers possibly becoming a bank company in Chapter 10?
(a) Barry Zubrow
(b) Timothy Geithner
(c) Bob Hoyt
(d) Rick Lazio
3. What is the common name for the Federal National Mortgage Association?
(c) Fannie Mae
(d) Reserve Primary Fund
4. Dick Fuld expressed his belief that Lehman Brothers was under attack by what in Chapter 4?
(c) Subprime lenders
5. Who was described in Chapter 17 as “a thirty-eight-year-old governor at the Federal Reserve, whose office was a few doors down from Bernanke’s”?
(a) Kevin Warsh
(b) Brian Moynihan
(c) Jeb Mason
(d) Rick Waddell
Short Answer Questions
1. When did FAS 157 become effective?
2. According to the author in Chapter 5, Dick Fuld “said that he had become convinced that two of the nation’s most powerful financiers were largely responsible for both the short raid and rumor mongering.” Who were these financiers?
3. What was the name of Lehman Brothers’ bomb-sniffing Labrador described in Chapter 5?
4. What headline on the Wall Street Journal was nagging at John Mack in the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. Who was described as the Managing Director of Westwood Capital LLC in Chapter 11?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)