|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time do Homer, Ellie, and Robyn decide to leave to go get Lee?
2. Whose house is bombed?
3. What type of car does Chris' parents have?
4. What is Ellie amazed at after her angry outburst?
5. What is the country the man on the radio is talking about before the batteries go dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ellie feel about Lee when they are waiting to return to Hell?
2. What does Corrie hear when she initially finds a station on the short-wave radio?
3. What do the teens consider when they realize the helicopter may land and the soldiers may come after them, and what do they decide?
4. What do Corrie and Ellie discuss while Ellie is on sentry duty?
5. How does Ellie feel upon finding that some of her possessions have been stolen by looters?
6. What helps to bring Corrie out of her shock?
7. What do Homer and Ellie learn about Lee and Robyn?
8. What plans do the teens make after they hear Robyn's story about Lee?
9. What does the note "Gone where the bad people go..." mean?
10. In Chapter 14, how does Ellie feel about Homer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 6, does Ellie yell at Lee and Robyn for the same or different reasons? What are the reasons? Is this a normal reaction for a person in her situation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Ellie had a premonition that something was wrong during the teens' initial trip to Hell but does not have a premonition about Corrie being shot on the way back to Hell?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Ellie's feelings for Lee in Chapter 14 and the reasons she becomes so angry with him when he questions her about her feelings for him and Homer.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)