|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lee during the ride in the bulldozer?
2. Whose thoughts on the cause of the war is somewhat accurate?
3. How many people at the school believed Chris was a legend?
4. Who gets shot in the calf?
5. What was the Hermit's occupation when he was alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Corrie and Ellie discuss while Ellie is on sentry duty?
2. Why don't the teens immediately leave the area after Corrie's house is destroyed?
3. How does hearing the confirmation of the war on the radio change things for the teens?
4. What do the teens argue about when making a list of things to gather from each home?
5. What does Fiona say would happen if she chose to lie low until the war was over.
6. What does Ellie find when she returns to her home?
7. How does Ellie surprise herself when she finds Chris sleeping when he should be keeping watch?
8. In Chapter 14, how does Ellie feel about Homer?
9. What happens to Corrie after the missile hits and destroys her home?
10. What plans do the teens make after they hear Robyn's story about Lee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the loss of Corrie to the hospital mean for the group? How do you think it changes the teens left behind?
Essay Topic 2
What did Corrie's father mean when he wrote for Corrie to go bush? What does going bush mean and how might it help?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 22, what does Ellie means when she says she is almost frightened by the power of blowing up the bridge?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)