|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems nervous when Ellie and Lee return to camp from the Hermit's house?
2. Who locates the Hermit's hut?
3. Who takes care of Lee's hurt leg?
4. Who plans to look around town?
5. During the chase, whose head begins to bleed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the teens argue about when making a list of things to gather from each home?
2. Whom do the teens report to as they observe the hovering helicopter, and why?
3. What do Corrie and Ellie discuss while Ellie is on sentry duty?
4. What do the teens do as the helicopter approaches?
5. What plans do the teens make for finding Robyn and Lee?
6. How does Ellie feel about Lee when they are waiting to return to Hell?
7. How does Ellie feel upon finding that some of her possessions have been stolen by looters?
8. What plans do the teens make after they hear Robyn's story about Lee?
9. What does Ellie find when she returns to her home?
10. What happens to Ellie after her explosive episode with Chris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the reasons Ellie likes both Homer and Lee? How are these two boys the same or different?
Essay Topic 2
What does Ellie mean, in Chapter 4, when she says maybe Hell is people?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the Bible verse Ellie reads in Chapter 14 is so appropriate for the story?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)