|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans to go to the Showground?
2. Who teaches Corrie how to use the radio to get stations from other countries?
3. Where do the teens decide to set up camp?
4. What percent of the school thought that Chris was a genius?
5. Whom does Lee seem to be angry with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the note "Gone where the bad people go..." mean?
2. What plans do the teens make after they hear Robyn's story about Lee?
3. Why isn't Corrie initially able to pick up any stations on the short-wave radio?
4. What do Homer and Ellie learn about Lee and Robyn?
5. How does Ellie surprise herself when she finds Chris sleeping when he should be keeping watch?
6. What does Fiona say would happen if she chose to lie low until the war was over.
7. What plans do the teens make for finding Robyn and Lee?
8. What do the teens argue about when making a list of things to gather from each home?
9. How does Ellie feel upon finding that some of her possessions have been stolen by looters?
10. What does Corrie hear when she initially finds a station on the short-wave radio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Robyn's heroism when Lee is shot. Why is she willing and able to do these things?
Essay Topic 2
How does Fiona feel about Homer and why does she feel she has to hold Homer at arms length?
Essay Topic 3
Other than a war, what other reasonable explanations could there be for the absence of the teens' parents and the state of their homes when they return from Hell?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)