|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Ellie's favorite places?
2. Who initially suggests that the teens should split up?
3. What does Ellie see when she gets up to use the bathroom?
4. Why does the group write down what is happening?
5. Where do Corrie and Ellie plan to go camping?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Lee's opinions about the planes seem to upset Ellie?
2. Why don't the teens go back to the Land Rover for supplies?
3. What are some of the theories the teens come up with to explain why the house is empty and the dogs are dead?
4. What does Ellie find when she rushes into her house?
5. What emotions does Ellie feel as she considers what may have happened to her parents?
6. What is the first thing Ellie notices when she returns home?
7. What do Ellie, Corrie, and Kevin do when they are trapped by soldiers?
8. How does Homer want others to see him?
9. In Chapter 5, why does Ellie only play True Confessions for a short period of time?
10. Why is the area they choose for camping called Hell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Hell, its physical characteristics, and its attractions as a place to camp.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 22, what does Ellie means when she says she is almost frightened by the power of blowing up the bridge?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Ellie's feelings for Lee in Chapter 14 and the reasons she becomes so angry with him when he questions her about her feelings for him and Homer.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)