|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets shot at by soldiers?
2. In Chapter 5, what does Robyn say about the camping trip?
3. Who suggests sleeping in the shearer's quarters?
4. Where do Corrie and Ellie plan to go camping?
5. What does Ellie see when she gets up to use the bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What emotions does Ellie feel as she considers what may have happened to her parents?
2. How does Fiona attempt to explain away the planes Ellie saw in Hell?
3. What do the teens decide to do while at Homer's house?
4. What does Ellie find when she rushes into her house?
5. In Chapter 5, why does Ellie only play True Confessions for a short period of time?
6. How do the other teens seem to view Ellie?
7. Why do Lee's opinions about the planes seem to upset Ellie?
8. How does Fiona feel about the idea that an invasion has occurred, and what does she say about the desertion of their homes?
9. Why does the group consist of seven rather than eight people?
10. What do Ellie, Corrie, and Kevin do when they are trapped by soldiers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Corrie's father mean when he wrote for Corrie to go bush? What does going bush mean and how might it help?
Essay Topic 2
What does the loss of Corrie to the hospital mean for the group? How do you think it changes the teens left behind?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Robyn's heroism when Lee is shot. Why is she willing and able to do these things?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)