|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ellie initially view Robyn?
2. Whom does Homer develop a crush on?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Robyn say about the camping trip?
4. Who is impatient to get home when the teens leave Hell?
5. What are the small cliffs leading down into Hell called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ellie yell at Lee when she hears the Land Rover start up?
2. Why don't the teens try to communicate over the short-wave radio?
3. Why does the group consist of seven rather than eight people?
4. How does Ellie describe Fiona?
5. How does Fiona attempt to explain away the planes Ellie saw in Hell?
6. Why is the area they choose for camping called Hell?
7. Why don't the teens go back to the Land Rover for supplies?
8. How does Fiona feel about the idea that an invasion has occurred, and what does she say about the desertion of their homes?
9. Describe the Secret Seven's descent into Hell.
10. How are the animals when the teens arrive at Kevin's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Ellie, Corrie, and Kevin's escape from the three soldiers? Discuss the explosion they used to do so and the impact on Ellie's thought processes and emotions. Give details about the lasting effects of this event.
Essay Topic 2
What did Corrie's father mean when he wrote for Corrie to go bush? What does going bush mean and how might it help?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Hell, its physical characteristics, and its attractions as a place to camp.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)