|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the teens stop on the way home?
2. Where do the teens hear an explosion?
3. How far is Homer's house from Ellie's?
4. Who is startled by Fiona's cat?
5. What are the small cliffs leading down into Hell called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellie find when she rushes into her house?
2. What emotions does Ellie feel as she considers what may have happened to her parents?
3. Why don't the teens try to communicate over the short-wave radio?
4. How does Fiona feel about the idea that an invasion has occurred, and what does she say about the desertion of their homes?
5. What do the teens decide to do while at Homer's house?
6. How are the animals when the teens arrive at Kevin's house?
7. Why does Ellie yell at Lee when she hears the Land Rover start up?
8. What do the teens find at Corrie's house that reinforces their thought that something is dreadfully wrong?
9. Who are the Secret Seven?
10. Why don't the teens go back to the Land Rover for supplies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name a few events that occur in Chapters 15, 16, or 17 that demonstrate that the teens are still regular young people despite all the trouble they have faced since the invaders arrived.
Essay Topic 2
How does Fiona feel about Homer and why does she feel she has to hold Homer at arms length?
Essay Topic 3
How does Ellie, Corrie, and Kevin's escape from the three soldiers? Discuss the explosion they used to do so and the impact on Ellie's thought processes and emotions. Give details about the lasting effects of this event.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)