|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the group write down what is happening?
(a) As a way of preserving its history.
(b) To sell its story to the newspaper.
(c) To sell its story to the television news.
(d) To write a book.
2. When the teens leave Hell, what do they discover that keeps the path entrance to it hidden?
(a) Trees that are nearly touching.
(b) A huge boulder.
(c) A rocky area and a tree split into several forks.
(d) A series of shrubs.
3. What time does Ellie plan to leave for the trip?
(a) 8:00 A.M.
(b) 7:00 A.M.
(c) 10:30 A.M.
(d) 10:00 A.M.
4. Who begins to clean when situations become very emotional?
5. Why does Ellie quit playing the game?
(a) It is her least favorite game.
(b) Homer cheats.
(c) Corrie stops playing.
(d) She doesn't want to answer questions about Steve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who states that Homer is hopeless?
2. How does Ellie initially view Robyn?
3. Who do the teens think built the bridge in Hell?
4. Who has the idea to travel by bicycle?
5. Who runs most of the way from Kevin's to Corrie's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellie find when she rushes into her house?
2. Why don't the teens go back to the Land Rover for supplies?
3. What do the teens find at Corrie's house that reinforces their thought that something is dreadfully wrong?
4. Describe the Secret Seven's descent into Hell.
5. What are some of the theories the teens come up with to explain why the house is empty and the dogs are dead?
6. How does Fiona feel about the idea that an invasion has occurred, and what does she say about the desertion of their homes?
7. Who is Hell's Hermit?
8. Why is the area they choose for camping called Hell?
9. In Chapter 5, why does Ellie only play True Confessions for a short period of time?
10. What do Ellie, Corrie, and Kevin do when they are trapped by soldiers?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)