|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does East do for Tom during the fight?
(a) He encourages him to back down.
(b) He acts as his trainer and gives him advice.
(c) He tells him to land the first punches.
(d) He helps fight Williams.
2. Who has not gone down to watch the fight?
(a) Most of the boys in the school.
(d) Young Brooke.
3. How do the two fighters treat one another, once Young Brooke steps in?
(a) They detest one another.
(b) No better than before.
(c) Worse than before.
(d) With respect.
4. What do the boys wonder about the move?
(a) Whether or not it is legal.
(b) Where Tom learned the move.
(c) How to do it.
(d) Whether or not it is safe.
5. What does Tom discover that makes him so upset?
(a) Martin and Arthur are spreading rumors about him.
(b) Martin has verbally abused Arthur.
(c) Martin and Arthur have been out hunting for birds' eggs without him.
(d) East, Martin, and Arthur are leaving him out of their adventures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the farmer chase the boys?
2. What does Arthur speak about at length?
3. What does Tom discover about the Doctor?
4. What does Tom understand about his relationship with Arthur?
5. When does Tom decide he is acting foolish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between Young Brooke and the Doctor, after the boys have quickly dispersed?
2. What does Williams have against Arthur?
3. What does Tom immediately understand about his relationship with Arthur, after speaking with a teacher?
4. How does East get himself into trouble, regarding the farmer?
5. What does Arthur do when he begins to fear for Tom's safety?
6. What does Tom do when it is time to choose which player to send into the game next? What are the results?
7. What rumor becomes reality?
8. How does Tom try to keep his promise to Arthur?
9. What does Tom do when he finds out about the Doctor's death?
10. Is the fight a typical school brawl? Explain.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)