|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the captain of the team?
(a) Young Brooke.
2. Who has not gone down to watch the fight?
(a) Most of the boys in the school.
(b) Young Brooke.
3. What does Arthur tell Tom about Martin?
(a) He does not trust Martin.
(b) He is interested in becoming friends with Martin.
(c) Martin is picking on him.
(d) Martin has no friends.
4. Where is Tom when he receives news of the Doctor's death?
(a) He is on a fishing trip in Scotland.
(b) In his home town.
(c) In America.
(d) On a boat in the South Seas.
5. What happens when the teacher realizes he has forgotten his keys?
(a) He and Tom have to break in.
(b) He and Tom go back to school.
(c) He calls a locksmith.
(d) He and Tom sit on the front stoop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the farmer chase the boys?
2. Of whom does Tom want to catch a glimpse?
3. How do "we...come to the knowledge of Him?"
4. What does the narrator suggest all boys reading the book should learn?
5. What gifts have Arthur and his mother left for Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom do when it is time to choose which player to send into the game next? What are the results?
2. How does Arthur's body handle the trek to the kestrel's nest?
3. How does Tom get into a fight?
4. What does East confess?
5. The narrator asks the reader to pardon Tom for being filled with more thoughts of the Doctor than of God. What is his explanation for Tom's behavior?
6. How does this chapter begin?
7. What does Arthur do when he begins to fear for Tom's safety?
8. What does Tom think of Arthur's mother?
9. Two years have passed. How are Arthur, Martin, East, and Tom doing?
10. What rumor becomes reality?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)