|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what city does Tom travel?
2. What does Tom ask East regarding Brooke?
(a) If Brooke is the team captain.
(b) If Brooke will let Tom play in the game.
(c) If Brooke is good at playing football.
(d) If Brooke is mean.
3. Even though the Doctor, the head of their house, has strong new ideas that some might think go against the school's traditions, what should the boys do?
(a) Try to have him replaced.
(b) Tease him.
(c) Respect him.
(d) Ignore him.
4. What leads to Tom panicking and starting for the door to fetch the nurse?
(a) Flashman pretends to be unconscious.
(b) Flashman is trying to commit suicide.
(c) Flashman has attacked East.
(d) Flashman has jumped out the window.
5. What does Diggs realize about Flashman? Once he realizes this, he hauls him to his feet and shoves him out of the room.
(a) Flashman is trying to kill Tom.
(b) Flashman is only faking.
(c) Flashman has called for backup.
(d) Flashman is unconsious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tom headed?
2. How does the narrative voice shift?
3. What is Tom's reaction to his father's speech?
4. What does Old Brooke say to Tom?
5. Why are the boys being timed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens later in the evening?
2. How does the narrator believe young men may better themselves?
3. What lesson does Tom learn from a boy at the local private school?
4. What trouble does Tom get into? How is he punished?
5. What is Tom's overall feel of the day?
6. What key themes appear in this chapter?
7. How do Tom and East rebel against Flashman's treatment of them?
8. How does Tom come to attend Rugby?
9. What takes place during the football game?
10. Where does Benjy take Tom? What happens as a result?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)