|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Benjy's search for a cure for his rheumatism?
(a) He meets with many successful remedies.
(b) It is successful.
(c) He meets only with a half-heartedly offered potion.
(d) He finds absolutely no possible remedy.
2. What happens to Benjy when he tries the potion?
(a) He is healed.
(b) He breaks out in hives.
(c) He becomes less and less able to move.
(d) He become violently ill.
3. What do Tom and East convince other boys their age to do?
(a) Refuse to obey Flashman's orders.
(b) Listen to Flahsman's orders.
(c) Steal from the school.
(d) Break into the Doctor's office.
4. Tom accompanies Benjy to the farm of an Old Man who reportedly knows what?
(a) How to drive a stagecoach.
(b) How to break a horse.
(c) The medicinal powers of herbs.
(d) How to play cudgel war.
5. What does Tom's landowning family rarely, if ever, do?
(a) Leave the county in which Tom is born.
(b) Leave London.
(c) Stay at home.
(d) Sell property to other families.
Short Answer Questions
1. This novel tells the story of a rambunctious young student. Where is he located?
2. What has happens to East during the game?
3. What does Old Brooke say to Tom?
4. What are the excellent qualities of the Brown family?
5. Who shows Tom around the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's opinion of the English country?
2. Where does Benjy take Tom? What happens as a result?
3. What action makes Tom proud of himself?
4. What two incidents teach Tom the foolishness of this poor attitude?
5. How does one know that Rugby School is not near Tom's home?
6. What is Tom's overall feel of the day?
7. How are the two church services for Tom?
8. What happens after the blanket tossing?
9. Describe the Squire's final words to his son.
10. How do Tom and East rebel against Flashman's treatment of them?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)