|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diggs realize about Flashman? Once he realizes this, he hauls him to his feet and shoves him out of the room.
(a) Flashman is only faking.
(b) Flashman is unconsious.
(c) Flashman has called for backup.
(d) Flashman is trying to kill Tom.
2. How does Tom watch the combat?
(a) With excitement.
(b) With a sense of boredom.
(c) With anxiety.
(d) With fear.
3. Who tells Tom stories about the wild misbehavior of the other Rugby boys he had met?
(a) His father.
(b) The owner of the roadside inn.
(c) The boys he meets at school.
(d) The coachman.
4. Tom starts his first full year in the company of East and several other young students who seem more interested in what than in concentrating on their lessons?
(a) Girls and their own appearances.
(b) Staying up late and sleeping in.
(c) Playing games and taunting their teachers.
(d) Football and other sports.
5. What happens to Benjy when he tries the potion?
(a) He becomes less and less able to move.
(b) He is healed.
(c) He become violently ill.
(d) He breaks out in hives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Tom and East help Diggs?
2. What does Tom's reaction to his father's speech reveal?
3. What do Tom and East convince other boys their age to do?
4. What does Old Brooke encourage all the boys to do?
5. What does the Squire give his son before he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Tom and East behave after Flashman leaves the school?
2. What happens later in the evening?
3. When does Flashman's bullying become dangerous?
4. How do Tom, East, and Diggs get back at Flashman?
5. What trouble does Tom get into? How is he punished?
6. What lesson does Tom learn from a boy at the local private school?
7. What is the narrator's opinion of the English country?
8. What is Tom's overall feel of the day?
9. How does one know that Rugby School is not near Tom's home?
10. How is Tom's morning on the stagecoach?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)