|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is East so confident in his knowledge and his worth, even though he has only been at Rugby for six months?
(a) He has been enrolled in public school before.
(b) He can see Tom is unsure of himself.
(c) He is older than most students in his grade.
(d) By simply being at Rugby.
2. Who does Tom's mother take in, train, and pass on to other jobs?
(b) Young men.
(c) Slave girls.
(d) Young women.
3. Why do Tom and East go into the village?
(a) To buy their school books.
(b) To buy some food for their tea.
(c) They want to see the girls from the other public school.
(d) To buy hunting supplies.
4. What game is East's house going to play?
(a) A game polo.
(b) A game of cricket.
(c) A game of tennis.
(d) A game of football.
5. What does Tom's reaction to his father's speech reveal?
(a) How much he dislikes his father.
(b) The very formal and distant relationship he and his father have.
(c) The emotional and intellectual respect with which he regards his father.
(d) How much he and his father disagree.
6. What team gains control of the game?
(a) West's house.
(b) The school from London.
(c) East's house.
(d) The Paris academy.
7. For what is Tom proud to pay?
(a) His breakfast.
(b) His stay at the inn.
(c) His school uniform.
(d) A gift for his mother.
8. Who wakes Tom at the roadside inn?
(a) The coachman.
(b) His father.
(d) A servant.
9. What are the older boys drinking?
(a) Mild beer.
10. When does Tom arrive at his destination?
(a) During teatime.
(b) After breakfast.
(c) In the winter.
11. Why does Flashman leave the school?
(a) He is caught getting publicly drunk.
(b) He fails all of his classes.
(c) He curses at a teacher.
(d) He has beaten up too many students.
12. How does Flashman now treat Tom?
(a) He no longer bullies him physically, but he taunts him verbally at every opportunity.
(b) He treats him with the utmost respect.
(c) He ignores Tom.
(d) He still beats him.
13. Flashman spreads rumors that do what to the reputations of Tom and East?
(a) Instill fear in all the other boys.
(b) Improve them.
(c) Blacken their reputations even more.
(d) Make them heroes.
14. Where is Tom headed?
(a) Riddell School.
(c) Rugby School.
(d) Oxford University.
15. Although the boys are frightened, what do they do to Flashman?
(a) Flashman is quickly overwhelmed by the younger, faster, more agile boys.
(b) They taunt him.
(c) Flashman is tied up and dangled near the fire.
(d) They report him to the Doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does East warn Tom?
2. What happens to Tom when East runs to get Diggs?
3. Where are the students headed after roll call?
4. At one point, what does Flashman's bullying become?
5. How do both Tom and East feel?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)