|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the relationship between Squire Brown and Tom?
(a) A gruff intimacy.
2. How is the narration different from chapters one through three?
(a) It is in third person in chapter four, rather than first person.
(b) It is in second person in chapter four, rather than third person.
(c) It is in first in chapter four, rather than third person.
(d) It is in first person present tense in chapter four, rather than first person past tense.
3. Upon what does Tom reflect?
(a) On his life before leaving for school.
(b) On his old school.
(c) How much he misses his family.
(d) How he's never had a more pleasant day.
4. What does Tom's landowning family rarely, if ever, do?
(a) Sell property to other families.
(b) Leave the county in which Tom is born.
(c) Leave London.
(d) Stay at home.
5. What are the excellent qualities of the Brown family?
(a) Strength, courage, and determination.
(b) Faith, hope, and charity.
(c) Kindness, love, and modesty.
(d) Wealth, prosperity, and strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of focusing on increasing their level of sophistication and the amount of money they possess,What would young men be able to do?
2. Why is Tom so proud?
3. What does Tom think about this day?
4. Why is Tom staying at the roadside inn?
5. Who teaches Tom how to wrestle?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)