|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom's landowning family rarely, if ever, do?
(a) Sell property to other families.
(b) Leave London.
(c) Leave the county in which Tom is born.
(d) Stay at home.
2. In what are his words grounded?
(a) Genuine affection and concern.
(b) Hope and love.
(c) Envy and jealously
(d) Sadness and fear.
3. Instead of focusing on increasing their level of sophistication and the amount of money they possess,What would young men be able to do?
(a) "Value to price of a pound and put it to good use."
(b) "Value a man wholly and solely for what was in him."
(c) "Enjoy life and all its advantages."
(d) "Tease and torture a man who does not care about wealth and his standing in society."
4. What is Tom given?
(a) A cure for a wart on his hand.
(b) A young foal.
(c) A cudgel.
(d) A ride on a stagecoach.
5. How is Tom's mother known?
(a) Madam Brown.
(b) Miss Brown.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Rachel Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the excellent qualities of the Brown family?
2. How is Benjy's search for a cure for his rheumatism?
3. How does Tom feel about the disappearance of such games and competitions from the culture?
4. How would young men busy with intellectual pursuits, politics and social reform be much better off?
5. Why is there a shift?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)