|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes Tom at the roadside inn?
(b) A servant.
(c) His father.
(d) The coachman.
2. Why are Tom and East sent up to see the Doctor to take their punishment?
(a) They arrive late to school after a cross-country chase.
(b) They arrive late to their first class in the morning.
(c) They are laughing during his sermon.
(d) They refuse to turn in their homework.
3. What does Tom ask East regarding Brooke?
(a) If Brooke is good at playing football.
(b) If Brooke will let Tom play in the game.
(c) If Brooke is the team captain.
(d) If Brooke is mean.
4. At what does the narrator speak at length?
(a) His frustration in the difficulty in finding decent forms of travel in his part of the country.
(b) His frustration at British people not knowing much about their home country.
(c) His unhappiness in the abilities of public schools to train boys for adulthood.
(d) His happiness that Americans know so much about their history during the Colonial Period.
5. How is Benjy's search for a cure for his rheumatism?
(a) He meets with many successful remedies.
(b) He finds absolutely no possible remedy.
(c) It is successful.
(d) He meets only with a half-heartedly offered potion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Tom arrive at his destination?
2. Who cares for Tom?
3. Why is there a shift?
4. Who teaches Tom how to wrestle?
5. Who is Benjy?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)