|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Tom how to wrestle?
(a) The sons of the village laborers.
(b) The two farm hands.
(c) The boys attending the local private school.
(d) The Squire.
2. When is Tom's father, the Squire, liberal?
(a) In his dealing out of money.
(b) When he is voting for politicians.
(c) When it comes to the boys he believes with whom Tom could or should make friends.
(d) When it comes to the women he dates.
3. How does Tom watch the combat?
(a) With anxiety.
(b) With excitement.
(c) With a sense of boredom.
(d) With fear.
4. Who is Benjy?
(a) Tom's cousin.
(b) Tom's uncle.
(c) One of the two young farm hands.
(d) One of the two elderly farm hands.
5. What does Old Brooke encourage all the boys to do?
(a) Annoy the teachers and not study.
(b) To bully the younger students.
(c) Work and play with integrity and courage and to endure bullying the same way.
(d) To bribe other students to do their work for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tone of the Squire's words to his son?
2. What does the Doctor's sermon encourage?
3. What does Old Brooke say to Tom?
4. What does East warn Tom?
5. What does Tom think about this day?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)