|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of the Squire's words to his son?
(a) It is sad and distressing.
(b) It is careful and rational.
(c) It is cheerful and boisterous.
(d) It is quick and witty.
2. What narrative form is initially used in this chapter?
(a) First person present tense.
(b) Third person.
(c) First person past tense.
(d) Second person.
3. What does Tom think about this day?
(a) It is the saddest day he has ever had.
(b) It is an anxious day.
(c) It is uneventful.
(d) It is the greatest day he would ever have.
4. What is a traditional, local village fair with booths of food for sale, games of chance, and contests of physical strength and courage?
(a) The fete.
(b) The festival.
(c) The veast.
(d) The celebration.
5. What game is East's house going to play?
(a) A game of football.
(b) A game of tennis.
(c) A game of cricket.
(d) A game polo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is timing the boys?
2. What does Tom's reaction to his father's speech reveal?
3. Who does the narrator admire?
4. Tom accompanies Benjy to the farm of an Old Man who reportedly knows what?
5. How is Tom's mother known?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)