Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - The Window Chapters 1 and 2
1. What are James' thoughts about his father when Mr. Ramsay predicts that the weather will not be good enough for the trip to the lighthouse?
2. How does Mrs. Ramsay view life as a lighthouse keeper?
3. What does Mr. Tansley do to predict the weather for the outing to the lighthouse?
4. Why doesn't Mrs. Ramsay allow her daughters to mock the atheist, Mr. Tansley?
Short Essay Question - The Window Chapters 3 and 4
5. What is the description Mrs. Ramsay gives...
This section contains 1,242 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)