|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Window Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the thing Mr. Bankes and Lily Briscoe see that they are not supposed to?
(a) The children pulling up Mrs. Ramsay's flowers
(b) A present James made for his mother.
(c) Mrs. Ramsay crying
(d) Mr. Ramsay reciting is poetry.
2. What is Mr. Ramsay's reaction as he sees his wife sitting in sadness?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He thinks she is looking for attention.
(c) He feels she is overreacting.
(d) He is hurt by his wife's distance, feeling that he can't speak to her.
3. Why is Lily thankful that Mr. Ramsay is reciting poetry?
(a) She thinks it makes him look distinguished.
(b) He will not bother to look at her painting.
(c) She is trying to learn poetry herself.
(d) She enjoys the sound of it.
4. What is Mrs. Ramsay's opinion on human relationships?
(a) Human relationships are fulfilling and special.
(b) Human relationships are full of love and kindness.
(c) Human relationships are emotionally perfect.
(d) Human relationships are selfish, imperfect, and dreadful.
5. What makes Mr. Ramsay a happy man?
(a) Going for a walk on the beach
(b) Reciting his poetry
(c) His books and his lectures
(d) He has his wife, children, and his career teaching young men philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Ramsay doing on the terrace as Mrs. Ramsay sits inside looking at catalogues?
2. How does Mrs. Ramsay feel after giving Mr. Ramsay the sympathy he needs?
3. How does Lily feel about the sympathy that Mrs. Ramsay gives Mr. Ramsay?
4. What does James imagine doing to his father?
5. Why does Mr. Ramsay become angry with Augustus during dinner?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)