|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Window Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person Lily doesn't mind looking at her painting?
(b) William Bankes
(c) Mrs. Ramsay
(d) Mr. Ramsay
2. What is the thing Mr. Bankes and Lily Briscoe see that they are not supposed to?
(a) Mrs. Ramsay crying
(b) A present James made for his mother.
(c) Mr. Ramsay reciting is poetry.
(d) The children pulling up Mrs. Ramsay's flowers
3. Why is Mr. Tansley insulted when Lily asks him to take her to the Lighthouse?
(a) He knows that she asked Andrew first.
(b) He knows she doesn't really want to go with him.
(c) She knows he is afraid of the water.
(d) She knows he gets seasick.
4. Why has Mr. Tansley never been to the circus?
(a) He comes from a family with nine siblings and his father was a working man.
(b) His father believed circus people were evil.
(c) He is afraid of large crowds.
(d) He thinks they are for imbeciles.
5. What is Mrs. Ramsay bringing to the Lighthouse for the keeper's ailing son?
(a) Knitted hat
(b) A winter coat
(c) Knitted stockings
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Ramsay's opinion on human relationships?
2. What is Lily Briscoe doing on the edge of the lawn?
3. What kind of lives do Prue, Nancy, and Rose want to live?
4. Where are James and his mother planning to take a trip?
5. What does Mr. Ramsay say he will do if Mr. Tansley marries Prue?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)