The Window Chapters 1 and 2
1. Where are James and his mother planning to take a trip?
(a) To the Lighthouse
(b) Into town to buy yarn
(c) To visit relatives
(d) To the beach
2. What is James' favorite hobby?
(b) Collecting stamps
(c) Cutting pictures out of catalogues
(d) Collecting butterflies
3. Who says that the weather will not be nice enough for the trip?
(a) Mr. Ramsay
(b) Lily Briscoe
(c) Mr. Carmichael
4. What does James imagine doing to his father?
(a) To grab any weapon and gash a hole in his father's breast
(b) To go to town to the picture show
(c) To go to one of his philosophy classes
(d) To go fishing for the afternoon
5. What is Mrs. Ramsay bringing to the Lighthouse for the keeper's ailing son?
(b) A winter coat
(c) Knitted stockings
(d) Knitted hat
6. What is the children's opinion of Mr. Tansley?
(a) He is bright, handsome, and friendly.
(b) He is a miserable, sarcastic brute.
(c) He is athletic and bold.
(d) He would be a good catch for any woman.
This section contains 6,679 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)