The Window Chapters 1 and 2
• Mr. Ramsay believes his children should realize life is difficult.
• Mrs. Ramsay knits stockings to give to the Lighthouse keeper's ailing son.
• Mr. Tansley, the atheist, agrees that the weather will not be nice enough for the trip.
• The Ramsay children say that Tansley is a disagreeable person.
The Window Chapters 3 and 4
• Mrs. Ramsay tries to lift James' spirits by telling him it might be a nice day when he awakens in the morning, and they will be able to go to the Lighthouse.
• Mr. Ramsay recites poetry in a boisterous voice on the terrace.
• Mrs. Ramsay and James pose for a portrait Lily Briscoe is painting.
• Lily Briscoe does not want anyone looking at the picture she is painting, with the exception of William Bankes.
• Mr. Ramsay is embarrassed that Lily Briscoe and William Bankes see him reciting poetry. They decide to take...
This section contains 2,377 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)