|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dessert does Miss Maudie offer to Jem and the other children in Chapter 22?
(b) Ice cream.
2. Who does Mr. Dolphus Raymond offer a drink to in the beginning of Chapter 20?
3. What is Mayella Ewell's middle name?
4. Who is killed in Chapter 28?
(a) Jem Finch.
(b) Scout Finch.
(c) Boo Radley.
(d) Bob Ewell.
5. Who does Scout refer to as the "Welfare lady" in Chapter 27?
(a) Mayella Ewell.
(b) Emily Davis.
(c) Miss Maudie.
(d) Ruth Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tom Robinson injure his left arm, according to Reverend Sykes in Chapter 18?
2. Who does the Sheriff say called him to the Ewell residence on the night of the alleged crime in Chapter 17?
3. Where is Enfield Prison Farm said to be in Chapter 23?
4. What will happen to Tom Robinson if he loses his appeal, according to Atticus in Chapter 23?
5. What month is it in the beginning of Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What incidents in town have occurred involving Bob Ewell in Chapter 27. What do these events signify?
2. What is ironic about Bob Ewell's testimony in Tom Robinson's trial in Chapter 16?
3. What leads to the discovery of Atticus that Scout, Jem, and Dill have been attending the trial in Chapter 21?
4. How does Scout describe the jury when they return with their verdict in Chapter 21? What is the verdict?
5. Who has saved Scout and Jem from their attacker in the end of the novel? What does Scout make of this character?
6. What do Jem, Scout, and Dill discover about Mr. Dolphus Raymond in Chapter 20?
7. What event do Scout and Jem attend on Halloween in Chapter 27? Where does the event take place?
8. How would you describe the mood and tone of Chapter 26. How has the mood of the novel changed after the trial?
9. What hypocrisy does Scout point out to her teacher regarding Tom Robinson in Chapter 26?
10. What does Tom Robinson assert took place on the night in question when he takes the stand in Chapter 19?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)