|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom does Scout say in Chapter 9, "I decided that she had been swapped at birth, that my grandparents had perhaps received a Crawford instead of a Finch"?
(a) Aunt Mayella.
(b) Aunt Clara.
(c) Aunt Alexandra.
(d) Aunt Elizabeth.
2. Jem tells Scout in Chapter 7 that it wasn't until he reached what grade that he learned anything of value in school?
(a) Fourth grade.
(b) Sixth grade.
(c) Fifth grade.
(d) Third grade.
3. Atticus asks Jem and Scout as he leaves their room in Chapter 13, "Do you think I'll end up costing the family" how much money?
4. What kind of car does Atticus Finch own and keep in the garage?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Chevrolet.
(c) A Rolls-Royce.
(d) A Subaru.
5. What is the first object that Jem and Scout see in the knothole of the oak tree in Chapter 7?
(a) A soap figurine.
(b) A piece of gum.
(c) A watch.
(d) A ball of twine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives at the far end of Scout's street next door to the post office in Chapter 4?
2. Who is described in Chapter 4 as "the meanest old woman who ever lived"?
3. What does Miss Maudie detest growing in her yard?
4. What does Miss Maudie say Boo Radley's name is in Chapter 5?
5. For how long does Atticus leave home because the legislature is called into emergency session in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is signified by Aunt Alexandra's outburst over Scout and Jem attending a black church in Chapter 14?
2. What is significant about the incident with Tim Johnson in Chapter 10? What does this occurrence indicate?
3. Why does Calpurnia decide to take Scout and Jem to her church with her in Chapter 12?
4. What causes Scout to get into a fight at school in Chapter 9? How does Atticus respond to this news?
5. How does Scout introduce the main characters in her story in Chapter 1? Who comprises Scout's family?
6. How does Scout describe the town of Maycomb in Chapter 1? What types of activities does Scout describe in the town?
7. How does the mood of the novel change after the fire that destroys Miss Maudie's house in Chapter 9?
8. What occurrence causes Miss Fisher to become hysterical in the classroom in Chapter 3? How do the children respond?
9. How is money exchanged in Maycomb? What other methods of exchange do the citizens participate in? Why?
10. What is one of the most important aspects of society that Aunt Alexandra wants to instill in Scout and Jem?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)