|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Scout get out of school each day in Chapter 7?
2. The twirling baton that Scout longs for in Chapter 11 is sold at what store in town?
(a) V. J. Elmore's.
(c) J. C. Penney's.
3. What household pets does Jem suggest Boo Radley eats in Chapter 5?
4. The medal that Scout and Jem find in the knothole of the oak tree in Chapter 7 is one that was awarded for what achievement?
(a) The Maycomb Spelling Bee.
(b) Acts of Valor in WWI.
(c) The Maycomb Sack Race.
(d) The Maycomb Horse Race.
5. Who lives at the far end of Scout's street next door to the post office in Chapter 4?
(a) Cecil Jacobs.
(b) Maxwell Green.
(c) Tensaw Jones.
(d) Link Deas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first object that Jem and Scout see in the knothole of the oak tree in Chapter 7?
2. What game does Miss Maudie say Atticus is the best at in town in Chapter 10?
3. Of whom does Scout say in Chapter 9, "I decided that she had been swapped at birth, that my grandparents had perhaps received a Crawford instead of a Finch"?
4. What word does Atticus define for Scout in Chapter 14 as "carnal knowledge of a female by force and without consent"?
5. Who does Scout tell Mr. Cunningham to say hello to for her in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jem go in the middle of the night in Chapter 6? Why?
2. What occurrence causes Miss Fisher to become hysterical in the classroom in Chapter 3? How do the children respond?
3. Where is To Kill a Mockingbird set? How does Scout describe her family's history in this setting in Chapter 1?
4. What does Scout discover in the knothole of the oak tree at the Radley Place when she walks home from school alone in the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. How does the mood of the novel change after the fire that destroys Miss Maudie's house in Chapter 9?
6. How would you describe Miss Maudie's influence on Scout? Do you think she's a positive influence? Why or why not?
7. How are the congregation members of Calpurina's church described in Chapter 12? How is their behavior toward Helen Robertson described?
8. How has the dynamic of friendship changed between Scout, Dill, and Jem in Chapter 5?
9. What causes Scout to fight with Walter Cunningham in Chapter 3? How does Jem respond to the situation?
10. What do Scout and Jem discover when they go to leave a thank-you note in the knothole of the oak tree at the Radley Place in Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)