|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter Cunningham pour all over his food that causes Scout to exclaim in Chapter 3?
2. Atticus asks Jem and Scout as he leaves their room in Chapter 13, "Do you think I'll end up costing the family" how much money?
3. The little figurines of a boy and girl that Scout and Jem find in the tree in Chapter 7 are carved from what material?
4. Who speaks from the shadows and is revealed to be holding a double-barrel shotgun with the intention of protecting Atticus in Chapter 15?
(a) Cecil Jacobs.
(b) John Taylor.
(c) Mr. Underwood.
(d) Sam Levy.
5. What is the name of the homestead that Simon Finch established for himself in Alabama?
(a) The Finch's Nest.
(b) Finch's Orchard and Estates.
(c) Finch's Landing.
(d) The Finch Perch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scout observe for the first time that makes her scream for Atticus saying that the world is ending in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 1, the narrator says, "Being Southerners, it was a source of shame to some members of the family that we had no recorded ancestors on either side of" what battle?
3. According to the narrator in Chapter 1, where did Atticus Finch go to study law?
4. Why does Miss Maudie tell Scout it is a sin to kill a mockingbird?
5. What grade is Scout beginning in school in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the mood of the novel change after the fire that destroys Miss Maudie's house in Chapter 9?
2. What grade are Scout and Jem starting in school in Chapter 7? What does Jem reveal to Scout about the night he got his pants from the Radley Place in the beginning of the chapter?
3. What causes Scout to fight with Walter Cunningham in Chapter 3? How does Jem respond to the situation?
4. Where is To Kill a Mockingbird set? How does Scout describe her family's history in this setting in Chapter 1?
5. What occurrence causes Miss Fisher to become hysterical in the classroom in Chapter 3? How do the children respond?
6. What does Scout discover in the knothole of the oak tree at the Radley Place when she walks home from school alone in the beginning of Chapter 4?
7. How do Scout's actions affect Mr. Cunningham and the others within the lynch mob in Chapter 15?
8. What item of clothing does Jem lose as he flees the Radley Place in Chapter 6? How does Dill explain this loss?
9. Why does Scout say many of the first-graders are older than Scout is in Chapter 2?
10. What concerns arise when Tom Robinson is brought to the Maycomb County jail in Chapter 15?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)