|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Jem sneak out of the house to go get his pants in Chapter 6?
(a) 12 a.m.
(b) 2 a.m.
(c) 4 a.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
2. What profession does Dill say his new father has in his letter in Chapter 12?
3. What is the name of the little boy that has no lunch with him at school in Chapter 2?
(a) Walter Cunningham.
(b) Jesse Thomas.
(c) Jamie Smith.
(d) Peter Dawkins.
4. Who is described in Chapter 4 as "the meanest old woman who ever lived"?
(a) Miss Maudie.
(c) Mrs. Dubose.
(d) Miss Emily Davis.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 8, Scout says that Maycomb County is experiencing the coldest winter since what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Miss Maudie say Atticus is the best at in town in Chapter 10?
2. What does Scout think is under her bed when she goes to get Jem in Chapter 14?
3. What ailment does Scout try to get from Miss Rachel's cook's son by rubbing her head against his head in Chapter 9?
4. What grade is Jem starting school in Chapter 2?
5. What word does Atticus define for Scout in Chapter 14 as "carnal knowledge of a female by force and without consent"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurrence causes Miss Fisher to become hysterical in the classroom in Chapter 3? How do the children respond?
2. What causes Scout to get into a fight at school in Chapter 9? How does Atticus respond to this news?
3. Why does Calpurnia decide to take Scout and Jem to her church with her in Chapter 12?
4. How does Scout describe the town of Maycomb in Chapter 1? What types of activities does Scout describe in the town?
5. What do Scout and Jem discover when they go to leave a thank-you note in the knothole of the oak tree at the Radley Place in Chapter 7?
6. What does Scout discover in the knothole of the oak tree at the Radley Place when she walks home from school alone in the beginning of Chapter 4?
7. What is signified by Aunt Alexandra's outburst over Scout and Jem attending a black church in Chapter 14?
8. What does Atticus do when he learns about Jem's behavior toward Mrs. Dubose in Chapter 11?
9. What is significant about the incident with Tim Johnson in Chapter 10? What does this occurrence indicate?
10. How does Scout describe Atticus's age and his behavior in the beginning of Chapter 10? How does Scout compare Atticus to the other fathers in Maycomb?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)