|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is Maycomb from Finch's Landing?
(a) 40 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
2. What does Scout observe for the first time that makes her scream for Atticus saying that the world is ending in Chapter 8?
(b) A tornado.
3. Who does Atticus say was kind enough to grant a postponement on the trial in Chapter 9?
(b) Cecil Jacobs.
(c) Bob Ewell.
(d) John Taylor.
4. Jem tells Scout in Chapter 7 that it wasn't until he reached what grade that he learned anything of value in school?
(a) Fourth grade.
(b) Sixth grade.
(c) Fifth grade.
(d) Third grade.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 8, Scout says that Maycomb County is experiencing the coldest winter since what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What household pets does Jem suggest Boo Radley eats in Chapter 5?
2. What is the name of the homestead that Simon Finch established for himself in Alabama?
3. What is Dill's response when Scout asks him in Chapter 14, “Why do you reckon Boo Radley’s never run off?”
4. What is the name of Calpurnia's church that she takes Scout and Jem to in Chapter 12?
5. Whose house has caught fire in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Atticus do when he learns about Jem's behavior toward Mrs. Dubose in Chapter 11?
2. How do Scout's actions affect Mr. Cunningham and the others within the lynch mob in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Aunt Alexandra say she's coming to live with Scout, Jem, and Atticus for awhile in Chapter 13?
4. How is money exchanged in Maycomb? What other methods of exchange do the citizens participate in? Why?
5. What is one of the most important aspects of society that Aunt Alexandra wants to instill in Scout and Jem?
6. How are the congregation members of Calpurina's church described in Chapter 12? How is their behavior toward Helen Robertson described?
7. How does Scout describe Atticus's age and his behavior in the beginning of Chapter 10? How does Scout compare Atticus to the other fathers in Maycomb?
8. Where are Scout and Jem going when they encounter Mrs. Dubose in Chapter 11? How does Scout describe this character?
9. What does Scout discover in the knothole of the oak tree at the Radley Place when she walks home from school alone in the beginning of Chapter 4?
10. What grade are Scout and Jem starting in school in Chapter 7? What does Jem reveal to Scout about the night he got his pants from the Radley Place in the beginning of the chapter?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)