|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word used in Chapter 24 refers to a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess?
2. How long has the jury been out when Jem, Scout, and Dill return from eating lunch in Chapter 21?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
3. Who is said to have spit in Atticus's face and threatened him in Chapter 22?
(a) Bob Ewell.
(b) Maxwell Green.
(c) Dolphus Raymond.
(d) Link Deas.
4. Where have Jem and Dill gone in the beginning of Chapter 24?
(c) Barker's Eddy.
(d) The Colorado River.
5. What is the language of the Creek Indians?
6. What "offense" does Atticus say Mayella Ewell committed and then attempted to cover her guilt for in his final statement to the jury?
(a) She fell down a well.
(b) She killed her mother.
(c) She was secretly married.
(d) She tempted a black man.
7. What does Dill say the children were playing in front of Tom Robinson's residence when Atticus arrived in Chapter 25?
8. Who points out the children sitting in the balcony of the courtroom to Atticus in Chapter 21?
(a) Mr. Tensaw Jones.
(b) Mr. Underwood.
(c) Maxwell Green.
(d) Dolphus Raymond.
9. What is the name of the young woman who claims to have been raped by Tom Robinson in the trial?
(a) Ruth Jones.
(b) Stephanie Crawford.
(c) Miss Maudie.
(d) Mayella Ewell.
10. Who writes a scathing editorial in the newspaper about the Tom Robinson ordeal in Chapter 25?
(a) Dolphus Raymond.
(b) Emily Davis.
(c) Link Deas.
(d) Mr. Underwood.
11. What study does Scout say she's never been a fan of in Chapter 26?
12. Who "told Aunt Alexandra in Jem’s presence (“Oh foot, he’s old enough to listen.”) that Mr. Ewell said it made one down and about two more to go" in Chapter 25?
(a) Emily Davis.
(b) Miss Stephanie Crawford.
(c) Mayella Ewell.
(d) Ruth Jones.
13. How many bullet holes does Atticus say they found on Tom Robinson in Chapter 24?
14. What towns-person is described by Jem in Chapter 16 as voting "the straight Prohibition ticket"?
(a) John Taylor.
(b) Mr. Tensaw Jones.
(c) Sam Levy.
(d) Maxwell Green.
15. What bug is Scout about to kill in the beginning of Chapter 25 when Jem tells her to take it outside?
(a) A cockroach.
(b) A roly-poly.
(c) A lighting bug.
(d) A wolf spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Atticus Finch say it is in his closing statements in Chapter 20?
2. How many children does Tom Robinson say he has in Chapter 19?
3. What does Sheriff Tate say he believes saved Scout's life in Chapter 29?
4. Where is Enfield Prison Farm said to be in Chapter 23?
5. Who is killed in Chapter 28?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)