|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dill say the children were playing in front of Tom Robinson's residence when Atticus arrived in Chapter 25?
2. Jem is in what grade in school in the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) Seventh grade.
(b) Fifth grade.
(c) Sixth grade.
(d) Fourth grade.
3. How long has the jury been out when Jem, Scout, and Dill return from eating lunch in Chapter 21?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
4. How has Jem been injured in Chapter 29?
(a) His ribs are broken.
(b) His leg is broken.
(c) His arm is broken.
(d) His collar bone is broken.
5. Who does Cecil Jacobs describe in Chapter 26 as having "been after the Jews and he’s puttin‘ ’em in prisons and he’s taking away all their property and he won’t let any of ‘em out of the country"?
(a) Benito Mussolini.
(b) Saddam Hussein.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Benedict Arnold.
6. What is the verdict in the Tom Robinson trial in Chapter 21?
(b) There is a hung jury.
(d) Innocent by reason of insanity.
7. What newspaper is Atticus reading when Scout and Jem awaken in Chapter 22?
(a) The Houston Chronicle.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The Mobile Register.
8. Who writes a scathing editorial in the newspaper about the Tom Robinson ordeal in Chapter 25?
(a) Link Deas.
(b) Mr. Underwood.
(c) Emily Davis.
(d) Dolphus Raymond.
9. Who is Dill sitting next to in the courtroom in Chapter 17?
(a) Cecil Jacobs.
(b) Miss Stephanie Crawford.
(c) Reverend Sykes.
(d) Mr. Dolphus Raymond.
10. What lady from Maycomb is described in Chapter 16 as one who dips snuff in private?
(a) Miss Emily Davis.
(b) Ruth Jones.
(c) Mayella Ewell.
(d) Miss Stephanie Crawford.
11. How old does Mayella Ewell says she is when she takes the stand in Chapter 18?
12. What bug is Scout about to kill in the beginning of Chapter 25 when Jem tells her to take it outside?
(a) A roly-poly.
(b) A lighting bug.
(c) A cockroach.
(d) A wolf spider.
13. How many bullet holes does Atticus say they found on Tom Robinson in Chapter 24?
14. Jem says in Chapter 23 of Atticus, "He told me havin' a gun around's an invitation" for what?
(b) Somebody to stab you.
(c) Somebody to shoot you.
(d) Somebody to rob you.
15. Where is Enfield Prison Farm said to be in Chapter 23?
(a) Jackson County.
(b) Clark County.
(c) Warren County.
(d) Chester County.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Chapter 25 refers to generous actions or donations to aid the poor, ill, or helpless?
2. Jem and Dill had been heading home from where when they'd encountered Atticus going to the Robinson home, according to Scout in Chapter 25?
3. What does Atticus Finch claim are the "great levelers" and the place in this country where "all men are created equal" in Chapter 20?
4. How many children does Tom Robinson say he has in Chapter 19?
5. According to the narrator in Chapter 22, "Court-appointed defenses were usually given to" what latest addition to the bar?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)