|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jem intend to buy for himself with his birthday money in the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A pocket watch.
(c) A skateboard.
(d) A miniature steam engine.
2. Atticus asks Jem and Scout as he leaves their room in Chapter 13, "Do you think I'll end up costing the family" how much money?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 8, Scout says that Maycomb County is experiencing the coldest winter since what year?
4. The little figurines of a boy and girl that Scout and Jem find in the tree in Chapter 7 are carved from what material?
5. What does Jem get his pants caught on as the children run from the Radley yard in Chapter 6?
(a) A fence.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) A rake.
6. What was the name of Miss Maudie's father?
(a) Mr. Link Deas.
(b) Dr. Frank Buford.
(c) Maxwell Green.
(d) Mr. Tensaw Jones.
7. What "dim organization on the north side of the square" does Mrs. Dubose tell Scout she'll grow up to work at in Chapter 11?
(a) The O.K. Cafe.
(b) The Lost Coast.
(c) The White Horse.
(d) Jenny's Cafe.
8. How much does the twirling baton cost that Scout longs for in Chapter 11?
(a) 1 dollar.
(b) 17 cents.
(c) 2 dollars.
(d) 50 cents.
9. How far is Maycomb from Finch's Landing?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 30 miles.
10. Of whom does Scout say in Chapter 9, "I decided that she had been swapped at birth, that my grandparents had perhaps received a Crawford instead of a Finch"?
(a) Aunt Alexandra.
(b) Aunt Mayella.
(c) Aunt Elizabeth.
(d) Aunt Clara.
11. Jem tells Scout in Chapter 7 that it wasn't until he reached what grade that he learned anything of value in school?
(a) Third grade.
(b) Fifth grade.
(c) Sixth grade.
(d) Fourth grade.
12. What is the name of Scout's schoolteacher in Chapter 2?
(a) Miss Sarah Roberts.
(b) Miss Julie Anderson.
(c) Miss Cathy Smith.
(d) Miss Caroline Fisher.
13. Dill tells Atticus that he won Jem's pants playing what game in Chapter 6?
(c) Go Fish.
(d) Strip poker.
14. What grade is Scout beginning in school in Chapter 7?
(a) Second grade.
(b) Fourth grade.
(c) Third grade.
(d) First grade.
15. Who is the little boy that Scout's teacher sees a "cootie" crawling on in Chapter 3?
(a) Link Deas.
(b) Heck Tate.
(c) Burris Ewell.
(d) Maxwell Green.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dill live during the school year?
2. Scout claims in Chapter 8 that "Mr. Avery said it was written on the Rosetta Stone that when children disobeyed their parents, smoked cigarettes and made war on each other," what would happen?
3. When Jem and Scout were given air-rifles, Atticus told Jem that it was a sin to kill a mockingbird, but that he could shoot all of what kind of bird that he wanted?
4. Where is Atticus returning from in the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 1, the narrator says, "Being Southerners, it was a source of shame to some members of the family that we had no recorded ancestors on either side of" what battle?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)