|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scout say Calpurnia's grammar changes whenever she is furious in Chapter 3?
(a) It becomes precise.
(b) It becomes heightened.
(c) It becomes erratic.
(d) It becomes nonsensical.
2. What kind of sport are the Methodists and the Baptists playing as a benefit in Chapter 10?
(d) Touch football.
3. Who is the little boy that Scout's teacher sees a "cootie" crawling on in Chapter 3?
(a) Heck Tate.
(b) Link Deas.
(c) Burris Ewell.
(d) Maxwell Green.
4. What is the name of the black man that Atticus Finch is assigned to defend in the novel?
(a) Tom Robinson.
(b) Mr. Dolphus Raymond.
(c) Cecil Jacobs.
(d) Bob Ewell.
5. Who speaks from the shadows and is revealed to be holding a double-barrel shotgun with the intention of protecting Atticus in Chapter 15?
(a) John Taylor.
(b) Cecil Jacobs.
(c) Mr. Underwood.
(d) Sam Levy.
6. What is the name of the Maycomb trash collector that Jem and Scout see at church in Chapter 12?
7. What ailment does Scout try to get from Miss Rachel's cook's son by rubbing her head against his head in Chapter 9?
(a) The flu.
8. How many miles away from home has Dill traveled to come to Maycomb in Chapter 14?
9. The little figurines of a boy and girl that Scout and Jem find in the tree in Chapter 7 are carved from what material?
10. Of whom does Scout say in Chapter 9, "I decided that she had been swapped at birth, that my grandparents had perhaps received a Crawford instead of a Finch"?
(a) Aunt Mayella.
(b) Aunt Clara.
(c) Aunt Elizabeth.
(d) Aunt Alexandra.
11. Where does Calpurnia make Scout eat the rest of her dinner after she's insulted Walter in Chapter 3?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In her bedroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
12. What does Jem tell Scout to not get tangled up with in the garden as the children steal into the Radley yard in Chapter 6?
(a) Melon vines.
(b) Blackberry vines.
(c) Collard greens.
(d) Strawberry vines.
13. What county in Alabama does Scout's schoolteacher say she's from in Chapter 2?
(a) Jefferson County.
(b) Winston County.
(c) Birmingham County.
(d) Pike County.
14. Simon Finch is described in Chapter 1 as a fur-trapping apothecary from what location?
15. Scout says in Chapter 4 that the train stop called Maycomb Junction is actually in what county?
(a) Montgomery County.
(b) Abbott County.
(c) Lafayette County.
(d) Warren County.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Scout get out of school each day in Chapter 4?
2. Who does Scout say taught her and Jem to shoot when they received air-rifles in Chapter 10?
3. What does Jem use to try to deliver a message to Boo Radley in Chapter 5?
4. Who does Scout almost come to blows with on the playground because he insults Atticus in the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What time does Scout get out of school each day in Chapter 7?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)