|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used in the novel to refer to homemade liquor?
2. What is the name of the black man that Atticus Finch is assigned to defend in the novel?
(a) Tom Robinson.
(b) Bob Ewell.
(c) Cecil Jacobs.
(d) Mr. Dolphus Raymond.
3. The medal that Scout and Jem find in the knothole of the oak tree in Chapter 7 is one that was awarded for what achievement?
(a) The Maycomb Spelling Bee.
(b) The Maycomb Horse Race.
(c) The Maycomb Sack Race.
(d) Acts of Valor in WWI.
4. What does Walter Cunningham pour all over his food that causes Scout to exclaim in Chapter 3?
5. Who does Scout say taught her and Jem to shoot when they received air-rifles in Chapter 10?
(a) Bob Ewell.
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) Mr. Dolphus Raymond.
(d) Aunt Alexandra.
6. In Chapter 1, the narrator says, "Being Southerners, it was a source of shame to some members of the family that we had no recorded ancestors on either side of" what battle?
(a) The Battle of Fontenoy.
(b) The Battle of Shiloh.
(c) The Battle of Austerlitz.
(d) The Battle of Hastings.
7. What is the name of Atticus Finch's brother?
(a) George Finch.
(b) Jack Finch.
(c) Edward Finch.
(d) William Finch.
8. Who does Atticus say shamed the Ku Klux Klan away from Maycomb when they paraded around his house once in Chapter 15?
(a) Sam Levy.
(b) Maxwell Green.
(c) John Taylor.
(d) Cecil Jacobs.
9. Where is Atticus returning from in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(b) Houston, Texas.
(c) Montgomery, Alabama.
(d) Washington, D.C.
10. According to the narrator in Chapter 1, where did Atticus Finch go to study law?
(a) Hartford, Connecticut.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Mobile, Alabama.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
11. Where does Calpurnia make Scout eat the rest of her dinner after she's insulted Walter in Chapter 3?
(a) In her bedroom.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the kitchen.
12. What profession does Dill say his new father has in his letter in Chapter 12?
13. Who is the telephone operator that calls Atticus to tell him that school has been canceled in Chapter 8?
(a) Miss Maudie.
(b) Who is the telephone operator that calls Atticus to tell him that school has been canceled in Chapter 8?
(c) Eula May.
(d) Mayella Ewell.
14. What grade is Jem starting school in Chapter 2?
(a) Fifth grade.
(b) Sixth grade.
(c) Third grade.
(d) Fourth grade.
15. At what time does Jem sneak out of the house to go get his pants in Chapter 6?
(a) 2 a.m.
(b) 12 a.m.
(c) 4 a.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scout says in Chapter 6 that Mr. Avery boards a room across the street from whose house?
2. What does Scout ask Atticus if Jem might have when Jem's appetite grows considerably in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Jem go to tell that Dill has arrived at the Finch household in Chapter 14?
4. On what day of the week does Aunt Alexandra arrive at the Finch household in Chapter 13?
5. Jem broke his arm badly at the elbow when he was nearly how old, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)