|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jem do after Mrs. Dubose says derogatory things about Atticus and enrages him in Chapter 11?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He destroys her camelias.
(c) He shoots her dog.
(d) He breaks her window.
2. Who does Jem go to tell that Dill has arrived at the Finch household in Chapter 14?
(c) Aunt Alexandra.
(d) Miss Rachel.
3. What is the name of Atticus Finch's brother?
(a) William Finch.
(b) Edward Finch.
(c) George Finch.
(d) Jack Finch.
4. What is the name of the Maycomb trash collector that Jem and Scout see at church in Chapter 12?
5. The medal that Scout and Jem find in the knothole of the oak tree in Chapter 7 is one that was awarded for what achievement?
(a) The Maycomb Horse Race.
(b) The Maycomb Spelling Bee.
(c) Acts of Valor in WWI.
(d) The Maycomb Sack Race.
6. Scout says in Chapter 6 that Mr. Avery boards a room across the street from whose house?
(a) Mrs. Dubose's.
(b) Maxwell Green's.
(c) Bob Ewell's.
(d) Ruth Jones's.
7. Where does Dill live during the school year?
(a) Montague, California.
(b) Malvern, Arkansas.
(c) Clinton, Texas.
(d) Meridian, Mississippi.
8. What is Dill's real name?
(a) Truman Harris.
(b) Charles Baker Harris.
(c) Jack Harris.
(d) William Peter Harris.
9. Atticus asks Jem and Scout as he leaves their room in Chapter 13, "Do you think I'll end up costing the family" how much money?
10. Scout says in Chapter 6 that "Matches were dangerous, but" what "were fatal"?
11. Who is the sole owner, editor and printer of The Maycomb Tribune?
(a) Cecil Jacobs.
(b) Mr. Underwood.
(c) John Taylor.
(d) Sam Levy.
12. What does Walter Cunningham pour all over his food that causes Scout to exclaim in Chapter 3?
13. What is the name of Calpurnia's church that she takes Scout and Jem to in Chapter 12?
(a) First Purchase African M.E. Church.
(b) The Second Street Baptist Church.
(c) St. Edwards' Catholic Church.
(d) The First Methodist Church.
14. Whose house has caught fire in Chapter 8?
(a) Miss Maudie's.
(b) Miss Emily Davis's.
(c) Mr. Underwood's.
(d) Miss Stephanie Crawford's.
15. Where is Atticus returning from in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Montgomery, Alabama.
(c) Houston, Texas.
(d) New Orleans, Louisiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jem intend to buy for himself with his birthday money in the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. How much money does Scout's teacher offer to loan to the little boy who has no lunch with him in Chapter 2?
3. What is the first object that Jem and Scout see in the knothole of the oak tree in Chapter 7?
4. Where does Calpurnia make Scout eat the rest of her dinner after she's insulted Walter in Chapter 3?
5. Who is described in Chapter 9 as "Maycomb County’s sole surviving Confederate veteran"?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)