|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Atticus say the Ewell family patriarch spends his relief checks on in Chapter 3?
(b) Horse races.
2. What is the name of the young woman who claims to have been raped by Tom Robinson in the trial?
(a) Ruth Jones.
(b) Miss Maudie.
(c) Stephanie Crawford.
(d) Mayella Ewell.
3. What is noted by Atticus when he has Bob Ewell write his name before the court in Chapter 17?
(a) Ewell is right-handed.
(b) Ewell is blind.
(c) Ewell is illiterate.
(d) Ewell is left-handed.
4. What does Miss Maudie detest growing in her yard?
(a) Nut grass.
(d) Crab grass.
5. What is the name of Calpurnia's church that she takes Scout and Jem to in Chapter 12?
(a) The First Methodist Church.
(b) First Purchase African M.E. Church.
(c) St. Edwards' Catholic Church.
(d) The Second Street Baptist Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scout ask Atticus if Jem might have when Jem's appetite grows considerably in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Miss Maudie tell Scout it is a sin to kill a mockingbird?
3. Of whom does Scout say in Chapter 9, "I decided that she had been swapped at birth, that my grandparents had perhaps received a Crawford instead of a Finch"?
4. Who is the telephone operator that calls Atticus to tell him that school has been canceled in Chapter 8?
5. At what time in the night does Atticus awaken Scout because of the fire on the block in Chapter 8?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)