|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dill's response when Scout asks him in Chapter 14, “Why do you reckon Boo Radley’s never run off?”
(a) "He isn't smart enough to think of it."
(b) "He's probably tried a dozen times."
(c) “Maybe he doesn’t have anywhere to run off to.
(d) "He's shackled to a wall, so he can't."
2. What does Scout observe for the first time that makes her scream for Atticus saying that the world is ending in Chapter 8?
(b) A tornado.
3. The little figurines of a boy and girl that Scout and Jem find in the tree in Chapter 7 are carved from what material?
4. On what date was the Sheriff contacted to go to the Ewell residence, according to his testimony in Chapter 17?
(a) November 21.
(b) September 12.
(c) June 13.
(d) July 7.
5. What lady from Maycomb is described in Chapter 16 as one who dips snuff in private?
(a) Miss Emily Davis.
(b) Miss Stephanie Crawford.
(c) Mayella Ewell.
(d) Ruth Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the little boy that has no lunch with him at school in Chapter 2?
2. Scout says in Chapter 6 that "Matches were dangerous, but" what "were fatal"?
3. What is the name of the homestead that Simon Finch established for himself in Alabama?
4. Whose house has caught fire in Chapter 8?
5. Who is described in Chapter 9 as "Maycomb County’s sole surviving Confederate veteran"?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)