|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used in the novel to refer to homemade liquor?
2. Of whom does Scout say in Chapter 9, "I decided that she had been swapped at birth, that my grandparents had perhaps received a Crawford instead of a Finch"?
(a) Aunt Mayella.
(b) Aunt Alexandra.
(c) Aunt Clara.
(d) Aunt Elizabeth.
3. On what date did Alabama secede from the Union during the Civil War era?
(a) July 12, 1860.
(b) March 1, 1860.
(c) September 14, 1862.
(d) January 11, 1861.
4. What grade is Jem starting school in Chapter 2?
(a) Fifth grade.
(b) Third grade.
(c) Sixth grade.
(d) Fourth grade.
5. What does Jem intend to buy for himself with his birthday money in the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) A skateboard.
(b) A miniature steam engine.
(c) A pocket watch.
(d) A bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described in Chapter 9 as "Maycomb County’s sole surviving Confederate veteran"?
2. How old does Scout say Atticus is in Chapter 10?
3. Scout claims in Chapter 8 that "Mr. Avery said it was written on the Rosetta Stone that when children disobeyed their parents, smoked cigarettes and made war on each other," what would happen?
4. What does Jem get his pants caught on as the children run from the Radley yard in Chapter 6?
5. Dill tells Atticus that he won Jem's pants playing what game in Chapter 6?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)