|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scout ask Atticus if Jem might have when Jem's appetite grows considerably in Chapter 12?
(a) A tapeworm.
(d) The measles.
2. According to the narrator in Chapter 1, where did Atticus Finch go to study law?
(a) Mobile, Alabama.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Hartford, Connecticut.
(d) New York, New York.
3. What is the first object that Jem and Scout see in the knothole of the oak tree in Chapter 7?
(a) A soap figurine.
(b) A piece of gum.
(c) A ball of twine.
(d) A watch.
4. Simon Finch is described in Chapter 1 as a fur-trapping apothecary from what location?
5. What does Jem intend to buy for himself with his birthday money in the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A skateboard.
(c) A miniature steam engine.
(d) A pocket watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What county in Alabama does Scout's schoolteacher say she's from in Chapter 2?
2. What ailment does Scout try to get from Miss Rachel's cook's son by rubbing her head against his head in Chapter 9?
3. What game does Miss Maudie say Atticus is the best at in town in Chapter 10?
4. What does Atticus say the Ewell family patriarch spends his relief checks on in Chapter 3?
5. What items are contained in the jewelry box that Scout and Jem find in the knothole in Chapter 4?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)