|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is Jem starting school in Chapter 2?
(a) Fifth grade.
(b) Sixth grade.
(c) Third grade.
(d) Fourth grade.
2. Atticus tells Scout not to use the "n" word because it is what, in Chapter 9?
3. What is the name of Calpurnia's church that she takes Scout and Jem to in Chapter 12?
(a) The First Methodist Church.
(b) First Purchase African M.E. Church.
(c) The Second Street Baptist Church.
(d) St. Edwards' Catholic Church.
4. How old is Jem in the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. What is the name of the black man that Atticus Finch is assigned to defend in the novel?
(a) Mr. Dolphus Raymond.
(b) Tom Robinson.
(c) Bob Ewell.
(d) Cecil Jacobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Atticus asks Jem and Scout as he leaves their room in Chapter 13, "Do you think I'll end up costing the family" how much money?
2. Jem broke his arm badly at the elbow when he was nearly how old, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
3. Scout says in Chapter 6 that "Matches were dangerous, but" what "were fatal"?
4. At what time does Scout get out of school each day in Chapter 4?
5. According to the narrator in Chapter 1, where did Atticus Finch go to study law?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)