|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the narrator says, "Being Southerners, it was a source of shame to some members of the family that we had no recorded ancestors on either side of" what battle?
(a) The Battle of Austerlitz.
(b) The Battle of Fontenoy.
(c) The Battle of Shiloh.
(d) The Battle of Hastings.
2. What items are contained in the jewelry box that Scout and Jem find in the knothole in Chapter 4?
(a) Wooden figurines.
(b) Chess pieces.
(c) Indian-head pennies.
3. How much money does Scout's teacher offer to loan to the little boy who has no lunch with him in Chapter 2?
(a) 10 cents.
(b) 2 dollars.
(c) 25 cents.
(d) 1 dollar.
4. What does Jem use to try to deliver a message to Boo Radley in Chapter 5?
(a) A fishing pole.
(b) A rock.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A paper airplane.
5. Who is described in Chapter 4 as "the meanest old woman who ever lived"?
(a) Miss Maudie.
(b) Miss Emily Davis.
(c) Mrs. Dubose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years older is Jem than his sister Scout?
2. How does Scout say Calpurnia's grammar changes whenever she is furious in Chapter 3?
3. Where does Scout threaten to go and drown herself in Chapter 3?
4. What does Walter Cunningham pour all over his food that causes Scout to exclaim in Chapter 3?
5. Simon Finch is described in Chapter 1 as a fur-trapping apothecary from what location?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)