|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scout says in Chapter 4 that the train stop called Maycomb Junction is actually in what county?
(a) Montgomery County.
(b) Abbott County.
(c) Lafayette County.
(d) Warren County.
2. What grade in school is Scout starting in Chapter 2?
(a) Fourth grade.
(b) Second grade.
(c) First grade.
(d) Third grade.
3. Who is the little boy that Scout's teacher sees a "cootie" crawling on in Chapter 3?
(a) Link Deas.
(b) Maxwell Green.
(c) Heck Tate.
(d) Burris Ewell.
4. What is the name of the homestead that Simon Finch established for himself in Alabama?
(a) Finch's Orchard and Estates.
(b) The Finch's Nest.
(c) The Finch Perch.
(d) Finch's Landing.
5. What is the name of Scout's schoolteacher in Chapter 2?
(a) Miss Cathy Smith.
(b) Miss Julie Anderson.
(c) Miss Caroline Fisher.
(d) Miss Sarah Roberts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Atticus say the Ewell family patriarch spends his relief checks on in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 1, the narrator says, "Being Southerners, it was a source of shame to some members of the family that we had no recorded ancestors on either side of" what battle?
3. What does Miss Maudie detest growing in her yard?
4. What does Walter Cunningham pour all over his food that causes Scout to exclaim in Chapter 3?
5. Jem broke his arm badly at the elbow when he was nearly how old, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)