|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Simon Finch is described in Chapter 1 as a fur-trapping apothecary from what location?
2. Who picks up Dill at the train station in Maycomb's one taxi in Chapter 4?
(c) Atticus Finch.
(d) Miss Rachel.
3. What does Scout find in the knothole of the oak tree at the Radley Place in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Soap figurines.
(b) A ball of twine.
(c) Chewing gum.
(d) Wooden chess pieces.
4. How does Scout say Calpurnia's grammar changes whenever she is furious in Chapter 3?
(a) It becomes heightened.
(b) It becomes nonsensical.
(c) It becomes precise.
(d) It becomes erratic.
5. Who is the little boy that Scout's teacher sees a "cootie" crawling on in Chapter 3?
(a) Heck Tate.
(b) Burris Ewell.
(c) Link Deas.
(d) Maxwell Green.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Walter Cunningham to come to the Finch home for dinner in Chapter 3?
2. Jem broke his arm badly at the elbow when he was nearly how old, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
3. What county in Alabama does Scout's schoolteacher say she's from in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 1, the narrator says, "Being Southerners, it was a source of shame to some members of the family that we had no recorded ancestors on either side of" what battle?
5. What is the name of the little boy that has no lunch with him at school in Chapter 2?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)