|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word used in Chapter 24 refers to a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess?
2. What grade in school is Scout starting in Chapter 2?
(a) Second grade.
(b) Fourth grade.
(c) First grade.
(d) Third grade.
3. What reason does Tom Robinson give for why he helped out Mayella Ewell periodically in Chapter 19?
(a) He needed money.
(b) He was attracted to her.
(c) He felt sorry for her.
(d) He hoped she'd marry him.
4. Who "told Aunt Alexandra in Jem’s presence (“Oh foot, he’s old enough to listen.”) that Mr. Ewell said it made one down and about two more to go" in Chapter 25?
(a) Miss Stephanie Crawford.
(b) Mayella Ewell.
(c) Emily Davis.
(d) Ruth Jones.
5. What year does Atticus Finch say it is in his closing statements in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Dill at the train station in Maycomb's one taxi in Chapter 4?
2. How much money does Dill say he took from his mother's purse in order to come to Maycomb in Chapter 14?
3. What does Miss Maudie detest growing in her yard?
4. What is the name of Calpurnia's church that she takes Scout and Jem to in Chapter 12?
5. When Jem and Scout were given air-rifles, Atticus told Jem that it was a sin to kill a mockingbird, but that he could shoot all of what kind of bird that he wanted?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)