|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scout find in the knothole of the oak tree at the Radley Place in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Chewing gum.
(b) A ball of twine.
(c) Wooden chess pieces.
(d) Soap figurines.
2. What does Jem use to try to deliver a message to Boo Radley in Chapter 5?
(a) A slingshot.
(b) A paper airplane.
(c) A fishing pole.
(d) A rock.
3. What is Dill's real name?
(a) Truman Harris.
(b) William Peter Harris.
(c) Jack Harris.
(d) Charles Baker Harris.
4. What does Miss Maudie detest growing in her yard?
(b) Nut grass.
(d) Crab grass.
5. What grade is Scout beginning in school in Chapter 7?
(a) Fourth grade.
(b) Second grade.
(c) First grade.
(d) Third grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described in Chapter 9 as "Maycomb County’s sole surviving Confederate veteran"?
2. Who does Scout almost come to blows with on the playground because he insults Atticus in the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. What items are contained in the jewelry box that Scout and Jem find in the knothole in Chapter 4?
4. What time does Scout get out of school each day in Chapter 7?
5. On what date did Alabama secede from the Union during the Civil War era?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)