|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The medal that Scout and Jem find in the knothole of the oak tree in Chapter 7 is one that was awarded for what achievement?
(a) The Maycomb Spelling Bee.
(b) The Maycomb Sack Race.
(c) The Maycomb Horse Race.
(d) Acts of Valor in WWI.
2. What does Scout find in the knothole of the oak tree at the Radley Place in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A ball of twine.
(b) Soap figurines.
(c) Chewing gum.
(d) Wooden chess pieces.
3. What is the name of the little boy that has no lunch with him at school in Chapter 2?
(a) Jamie Smith.
(b) Jesse Thomas.
(c) Walter Cunningham.
(d) Peter Dawkins.
4. What is Dill's real name?
(a) Charles Baker Harris.
(b) Truman Harris.
(c) Jack Harris.
(d) William Peter Harris.
5. On what date did Alabama secede from the Union during the Civil War era?
(a) September 14, 1862.
(b) March 1, 1860.
(c) January 11, 1861.
(d) July 12, 1860.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Dill at the train station in Maycomb's one taxi in Chapter 4?
2. What does Miss Maudie detest growing in her yard?
3. Jem tells Scout in Chapter 7 that it wasn't until he reached what grade that he learned anything of value in school?
4. Scout says in Chapter 4 that the train stop called Maycomb Junction is actually in what county?
5. What is the name of Scout's schoolteacher in Chapter 2?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)