|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks up Dill at the train station in Maycomb's one taxi in Chapter 4?
(a) Atticus Finch.
(c) Miss Rachel.
2. Who is Dill sitting next to in the courtroom in Chapter 17?
(a) Mr. Dolphus Raymond.
(b) Cecil Jacobs.
(c) Reverend Sykes.
(d) Miss Stephanie Crawford.
3. What is noted by Atticus when he has Bob Ewell write his name before the court in Chapter 17?
(a) Ewell is left-handed.
(b) Ewell is blind.
(c) Ewell is right-handed.
(d) Ewell is illiterate.
4. Why does Miss Maudie tell Scout it is a sin to kill a mockingbird?
(a) Because all they do is sing.
(b) Because they symbolize peace.
(c) Because it is written in Leviticus.
(d) Because they are the color of heaven.
5. What does Scout find in the knothole of the oak tree at the Radley Place in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Soap figurines.
(b) A ball of twine.
(c) Wooden chess pieces.
(d) Chewing gum.
Short Answer Questions
1. The little figurines of a boy and girl that Scout and Jem find in the tree in Chapter 7 are carved from what material?
2. Scout says in Chapter 4 that the train stop called Maycomb Junction is actually in what county?
3. What word does Atticus define for Scout in Chapter 14 as "carnal knowledge of a female by force and without consent"?
4. What is the first object that Jem and Scout see in the knothole of the oak tree in Chapter 7?
5. What is Dill's response when Scout asks him in Chapter 14, “Why do you reckon Boo Radley’s never run off?”
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)