|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to Tom Robinson if he loses his appeal, according to Atticus in Chapter 23?
(a) He'll spend 20 years in prison.
(b) He'll be placed on parole.
(c) He'll receive the death penalty.
(d) He'll spend life in prison.
2. Where is Enfield Prison Farm said to be in Chapter 23?
(a) Jackson County.
(b) Warren County.
(c) Chester County.
(d) Clark County.
3. Jem and Scout learn in Chapter 23 that the one juror that wanted to find Tom Robinson innocent was a relative of what family?
(a) The Finches.
(b) The Cunninghams.
(c) The Stewarts.
(d) The Ewells.
4. What does Jem believe the justice system should get rid of in Chapter 23?
5. Who does Atticus say shamed the Ku Klux Klan away from Maycomb when they paraded around his house once in Chapter 15?
(a) John Taylor.
(b) Maxwell Green.
(c) Cecil Jacobs.
(d) Sam Levy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks from the shadows and is revealed to be holding a double-barrel shotgun with the intention of protecting Atticus in Chapter 15?
2. What does Scout observe for the first time that makes her scream for Atticus saying that the world is ending in Chapter 8?
3. At what time in the night does Atticus awaken Scout because of the fire on the block in Chapter 8?
4. Who is the telephone operator that calls Atticus to tell him that school has been canceled in Chapter 8?
5. What is the name of the Sheriff of Maycomb County?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)