|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what do Jeeter and Dude load the new car?
2. Who performs the marriage ceremony for Sister Bessie and Dude?
(b) The traveling judge.
(c) The Baptist preacher.
(d) Sister Bessie.
3. Why does Jeeter want to go to the county in #137?
(a) To look for work.
(b) To see Tom.
(c) To visit Pearl.
(d) To sell firewood.
4. Who is in the house when it is engulfed in flames?
(a) Jeeter and Ada.
(b) Captain Harmon.
5. How does Dude seem to be a lot like Jeeter?
(a) Lack of morals.
(b) Curly black hair.
(c) Religious tendencies.
(d) Sense of fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mechanic do to get Dude's car started again?
2. What happened to make Dude's car stop?
3. Who/What does Dude blame for the accident?
4. What does the trio do with the balance of the money?
5. Whose house is engulfed in flames?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who dies in the house fire at the Lester farm?
2. How is Jeeter inspired to do something positive on the farm regarding the fields?
3. How does the trio get some money for a little food and a room?
4. Does the author provide any hope for the Lester family at the end of the book?
5. Why do Jeeter, Sister Bessie and Dude drive to August?
6. How is Dude's immaturity exhibited regarding the wedding?
7. Why can Jeeter not plant his fields even though he wants to, and who does he blame for that?
8. What is the almost comical situation at bedtime on the night of Sister Bessie and Dude's wedding?
9. Why has Pearl left Lov and what solution does Jeeter offer?
10. What is the irony of Jeeter's work resulting in his death?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)