|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of wood does Jeeter try to sell?
2. Who checks to see if Grandma Lester is alive?
(a) Sister Bessie.
(b) No one.
3. Who is in the house when it is engulfed in flames?
(b) Jeeter and Ada.
(c) Captain Harmon.
4. Where do Sister Bessie and Dude go after the wedding?
(c) The Lester farm.
(d) Sister Bessie's house.
5. It is _____________ that the one bit of work that Jeeter does is what kills him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches Sister Bessie and Dude from the doorway?
2. What happens when the trio approaches its destination?
3. Who beats up on Sister Bessie?
4. Who performs the marriage ceremony for Sister Bessie and Dude?
5. Why does Lov agree to take Ellie May into his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sister Bessie behave promiscuously in the hotel?
2. Why can Jeeter not plant his fields even though he wants to, and who does he blame for that?
3. Why do Jeeter, Sister Bessie and Dude drive to August?
4. How has the car become a symbol for the Lester family's lack of regard for people and possessions?
5. Given what has been revealed about the Lester family so far, what kind of future does it seem they will have?
6. What is the nature of the fight that results in a tragic accident involving Grandma Lester?
7. What is the irony of Jeeter's work resulting in his death?
8. What do Sister Bessie and Dude do after they get their marriage license?
9. In spite of his good intentions, how does Jeeter's lack of diligence create a tragic mistake regarding the fire?
10. What is the result of Sister Bessie and Dude's trip to see Tom?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)