|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeeter watch for awhile before going to bed?
(a) The sunset.
(b) The fire in the fields.
(c) The rushing river.
(d) Grandma Lester's grave.
2. Who checks to see if Grandma Lester can get up?
(d) No one.
3. Jeeter does this work even though he has no money for __________________.
(b) a tractor.
(d) seed or fertilizer.
4. Why can Jeeter not buy any seed to plant?
(a) He cannot get to the feed and grain store.
(b) There is no seed available.
(c) He has no help to get it planted.
(d) He does not have the money.
5. How does Jeeter feel about Dude after Dude's wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeeter order Sister Bessie to get off his land?
2. What happens after Jeeter goes to bed?
3. Who watches Sister Bessie and Dude from the doorway?
4. In whose hotel room does Sister Bessie spend the night?
5. What did Dude not do for the car that caused the problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the author provide any hope for the Lester family at the end of the book?
2. What is the result of Sister Bessie and Dude's trip to see Tom?
3. How do Jeeter's feelings of jealousy for Dude result in his making Ellie May cry?
4. What is the prognosis for the car after it is repaired?
5. Why is the firewood sales trip not successful?
6. How does the situation regarding Grandma Lester show Jeeter's complete disregard for his family?
7. What do Sister Bessie and Dude do after they get their marriage license?
8. In spite of his good intentions, how does Jeeter's lack of diligence create a tragic mistake regarding the fire?
9. Why has Pearl left Lov and what solution does Jeeter offer?
10. What is the irony of Jeeter's work resulting in his death?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)