|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dude hit while driving the car earlier?
(a) A dairy truck.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A train.
(d) A cow.
2. What does Jeeter tell Sister Bessie that he wants to do to please God?
(a) Castrate himself.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Become a preacher.
(d) Stop stealing.
3. Who is looking at Grandma Lester in Chapter 18?
4. What does Jeeter talk Sister Bessie into selling?
(a) The car's spare tire.
(b) The car's hood ornament.
(c) Her hat.
(d) Her purse.
5. Why do Sister Bessie and Dude begin to argue in front of Ada?
(a) Because Dude uses foul language.
(b) Because Dude wants to paint the car a different color.
(c) Because Dude wants to have sex again.
(d) Because Dude wants to drive the car into town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Dude's thoughts as he drives away from the farm?
2. What is Jeeter's solution to Lov's problem with Pearl?
3. Why does Jeeter order Sister Bessie to get off his land?
4. What county does Jeeter want to go to?
5. Why does Jeeter have Dude pull over just as they leave town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the author provide any hope for the Lester family at the end of the book?
2. How does Sister Bessie behave promiscuously in the hotel?
3. Where are Sister Bessie and Dude actually married and who attends the event?
4. What does Lov do when he sees Grandma Lester lying on the ground?
5. What does Jeeter do when Sister Bessie and Dude attempt to consummate their marriage?
6. What do Sister Bessie and Dude do after they get their marriage license?
7. What is the nature of the fight that results in a tragic accident involving Grandma Lester?
8. How does the trio get some money for a little food and a room?
9. What car trouble does the trio encounter on the way to Augusta?
10. Why can Jeeter not plant his fields even though he wants to, and who does he blame for that?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)