|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eats most of the turnips?
(d) Ellie Mae.
2. How is Lov related to Jeeter?
(a) He is Jeeter's uncle.
(b) He is Jeeter's brother.
(c) He is Jeeter's son.
(d) He is Jeeter's son-in-law.
3. What is an important theme in the book?
4. Who is Jeeter and Ada's son who runs a business?
5. What is Jeeter's interest in Lov's visit?
(a) Trading for seed.
(b) Lov's turnips.
(c) Pearl's behavior.
(d) News from town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jeeter's family lose all its property?
2. Where does Jeeter want to go to sell his goods?
3. What is Lov's problem with Pearl?
4. With whom does Jeeter share the turnips?
5. Who are the only two of Jeeter and Ada's children still at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jeeter working on his car today?
2. What does Sister Bessie do before she and Dude proceed to the courthouse for a marriage license?
3. What type of work do Lov Bensey and Jeeter Lester do?
4. What is Jeeter's biggest fear about dying and what happened to create this fear in him?
5. Why is Lov's visit with the turnips almost torturous for Jeeter?
6. Why is Jeeter and Ada's lack of concern about Dude marrying Sister Bessie so strange?
7. Why does Sister Bessie want to marry a boy like Duke?
8. Who is Ellie May and why did Lov not choose her for his wife?
9. How does Jeeter justify Ellie May's illicit behavior?
10. In what way is Sister Bessie like Ellie May?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)