|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the owner of the farm land do before he left?
(a) Sold his farm equipment.
(b) Burned off all the low brush.
(c) Sold his animals to Jeeter.
(d) Cut off Jeeter's credit at the store.
2. Who once owned all the land all around the farm where Jeeter's family lives?
(a) Jeeter's mother's family.
(b) Captain Harmon's father.
(c) Lov's great-grandfather.
(d) Jeeter's grandfather.
3. Which family does Lov see on the way home?
4. Why does Sister Bessie want to travel the country?
(a) To vacation.
(b) To sell her book.
(c) To preach.
(d) To visit relatives.
5. Why did Lov not choose to marry the girl in #23?
(a) She is too fat.
(b) She has no sense of humor.
(c) She is not kind.
(d) She has a harelip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeeter's job?
2. Who eats most of the turnips?
3. Why had Lov refused to marry Ellie May?
4. How old is Dude?
5. Why does Lov stop at the family's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jeeter in such bad straits financially now?
2. Why has Jeeter never ventured out to find work after the farm failed?
3. What is Jeeter's biggest fear about dying and what happened to create this fear in him?
4. How does Jeeter justify Ellie May's illicit behavior?
5. What type of work do Lov Bensey and Jeeter Lester do?
6. Why is Lov's visit with the turnips almost torturous for Jeeter?
7. What is the deciding factor in Dude agreeing to marry Sister Bessie?
8. Why is Jeeter working on his car today?
9. With whom does Jeeter share the bag of turnips?
10. Where does the name of the book, TOBACCO ROAD, come from?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)