|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Jeeter share the turnips?
(b) Grandma Lester.
(d) Ellie May.
2. Where does Jeeter plan to go to sell firewood very soon?
3. Why does Jeeter think Pearl is a lot like Ada?
(a) Ada didn't speak in the early years of their marriage.
(b) She has beautiful brown eyes.
(c) She is a good cook.
(d) She loves to laugh.
4. Where does Jeeter take the turnips to eat them?
(a) The woods.
(b) The pantry.
(c) The shed.
(d) The kitchen.
5. Why does Sister Bessie want to travel the country?
(a) To vacation.
(b) To preach.
(c) To visit relatives.
(d) To sell her book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ellie May doing when Lov leaves?
2. How old is Dude?
3. Who thinks the girl in #23 is making a fool of herself by trying to seduce Lov?
4. Who does Jeeter say he would marry if he were not already married?
5. What is Sister Bessie's church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sister Bessie want to marry a boy like Duke?
2. Who is Pearl and what are Lov's problems with her?
3. What is the deciding factor in Dude agreeing to marry Sister Bessie?
4. Who does Jeeter think Pearl is most like?
5. What does Sister Bessie tell Jeeter about her remarrying?
6. Why has Jeeter never ventured out to find work after the farm failed?
7. What type of work do Lov Bensey and Jeeter Lester do?
8. What is Jeeter's biggest fear about dying and what happened to create this fear in him?
9. Name some of the ways that Jeeter has let people down in his life.
10. Who is Ellie May and why did Lov not choose her for his wife?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)