|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lov employed?
(a) The railroad.
(b) The gas station.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The lumber yard.
2. What animal crawled out of Jeeter's father's coffin at the funeral?
3. What is Sister Bessie's church?
(a) Redemption Church.
(b) She does not have one.
(c) Holy Spirit Church.
(d) One Heart Church.
4. Who eats most of the turnips?
(b) Ellie Mae.
5. What disfigurement does the girl in #23 have?
(b) Club foot.
(c) Albino skin.
(d) Dwarf status.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Bessie do before getting married?
2. What is Jeeter's job?
3. What does Jeeter promise to do to pay for his past sexual sins?
4. Who would Sister Bessie like to marry?
5. Why can Jeeter not take Ellie May to a doctor now?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lov's visit with the turnips almost torturous for Jeeter?
2. What do the physical deformities of the characters seem to mirror?
3. Who is Sister Bessie and what does she pray for when Jeeter returns home?
4. Why has Jeeter never ventured out to find work after the farm failed?
5. How many children have Jeeter and Ada had and what does Jeeter know about their lives now?
6. Why has Jeeter never had the proper treatment for Ellie May's physical defect?
7. In what way is Sister Bessie like Ellie May?
8. Where does the name of the book, TOBACCO ROAD, come from?
9. What distracts Lov from his bag of turnips?
10. What does Lov do when Jeeter steals his bag of turnips?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)