|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Dude's thoughts as he drives away from the farm?
(a) He wants to drive as far away as possible.
(b) He doesn't know what he'll do without his parents.
(c) He might like to plant a crop there someday.
(d) It is good riddance to bad rubbish.
2. Who does Sister Bessie take with her when she leaves the Lester house?
3. Who helps to bury the bodies?
(a) Sister Bessie and Dude.
4. What do Sister Bessie and Dude do immediately after the marriage ceremony?
(a) Leave on a honeymoon.
(b) Have a reception.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Take a drive in the new car.
5. Why is Ada upset at bedtime?
(a) Dude has run away.
(b) Pearl wants to end her marriage.
(c) Jeeter sees Sister Bessie's naked body.
(d) Dude killed a man.
6. Who is looking at Grandma Lester in Chapter 18?
7. Who is in the house when it is engulfed in flames?
(a) Jeeter and Ada.
(b) Captain Harmon.
8. Who checks to see if Grandma Lester is alive?
(a) No one.
(b) Sister Bessie.
9. What do Sister Bessie and Jeeter use for light to search for Dude?
(a) An oil lamp.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A match.
(d) A lit candle.
10. Why does Jeeter order Sister Bessie to get off his land?
(a) She took advantage of Dude.
(b) She won't give him any money.
(c) She won't take him for a ride in the car.
(d) She insulted Ada.
11. What does Jeeter notice when Sister Bessie and Dude return?
(a) The front tire is flat.
(b) They are drinking champagne.
(c) They are wearing new clothes.
(d) Damage to the front of the car.
12. What happens to Grandma Lester?
(a) She is paralyzed.
(b) She fully recovers.
(c) She dies.
(d) She is in a coma.
13. When does Jessie plan to atone for his sexual sins?
(a) Next week.
(d) A little while later.
14. What does Jeeter tell Sister Bessie that he wants to do to please God?
(a) Become a preacher.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Castrate himself.
(d) Stop stealing.
15. Why does Sister Bessie not want to leave Jeeter's house?
(a) She is comfortable there.
(b) She has nowhere else to go.
(c) It is where she and Dude fell in love.
(d) She pays rent to live there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sister Bessie and Dude begin to argue in front of Ada?
2. What do Sister Bessie and Dude do after they get out of bed?
3. What food does the trio buy?
4. What does Sister Bessie do when Jeeter orders her to leave?
5. What does Jeeter convince Sister Bessie and Dude to do in Chapter 15?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)