|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who checks to see if Grandma Lester is alive?
(a) No one.
(c) Sister Bessie.
2. Why can Jeeter not buy any seed to plant?
(a) He cannot get to the feed and grain store.
(b) He does not have the money.
(c) There is no seed available.
(d) He has no help to get it planted.
3. What is Jeeter's solution to Lov's problem with Pearl?
(a) He tells Lov to send a search party for Pearl.
(b) He tells Lov to divorce Pearl.
(c) He sends Ellie May to Lov's house.
(d) He sends Dude out to look for Pearl.
4. What does Jeeter want Ellie May to steal from Lov's house?
5. Who comes to the house after the fire?
(a) Eddie's ex-wife.
(b) Tom and his wife.
(c) Captain Harmon's son.
(d) Lov and Ellie May.
6. What happens to Grandma Lester?
(a) She fully recovers.
(b) She is paralyzed.
(c) She dies.
(d) She is in a coma.
7. Where is Dude finally located?
(a) The creek.
(b) The couch.
(c) The hay loft.
(d) Grandma Lester's bed.
8. Who is looking at Grandma Lester in Chapter 18?
9. How does Jeeter feel about Dude after Dude's wedding?
10. Who checks to see if Grandma Lester can get up?
(a) No one.
11. Why does no one want to buy Jeeter's wood?
(a) His price is too high.
(b) It does not burn well.
(c) It's nothing more than kindling.
(d) It is not seasoned.
12. Who cannot be found at bedtime at the Lester house?
13. Why is Ada upset at bedtime?
(a) Jeeter sees Sister Bessie's naked body.
(b) Pearl wants to end her marriage.
(c) Dude killed a man.
(d) Dude has run away.
14. Who interrupts Sister Bessie and Dude while they are in bed?
15. What mistake did Jeeter make before going to bed?
(a) He left the windows open.
(b) He took the phone off the hook.
(c) He did not make sure the fire was out.
(d) He forgot to lock the doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the trio approaches its destination?
2. Why is Grandma Lester doing the activity in #151?
3. What happened to make Dude's car stop?
4. What does the mechanic do to get Dude's car started again?
5. When does Jessie plan to atone for his sexual sins?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)