|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/What does Dude blame for the accident?
(a) The sun was in his eyes.
(b) The driver of the wagon.
(c) His wife was kissing him.
(d) It started to hail.
2. What is Grandma Lester doing at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) Lying on the ground.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Canning peaches.
(d) Peeling potatoes.
3. What did Dude not do for the car that caused the problem?
(a) He did not put oil in it.
(b) He did not put gas in it.
(c) He left the lights on while it was parked.
(d) He loosened some bolts in the engine.
4. What does Jeeter want Ellie May to steal from Lov's house?
5. What does Jeeter criticize about Ellie May that makes her cry?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her old boyfriend.
(c) Her stupidity.
(d) Her weight.
6. What do Sister Bessie and Jeeter use for light to search for Dude?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) An oil lamp.
(c) A lit candle.
(d) A match.
7. What does Lov do to try to help Grandma Lester?
(b) Makes a tourniquet.
(c) Calls an ambulance.
(d) Mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
8. What does Sister Bessie do when Jeeter orders her to leave?
(a) She cries.
(b) She threatens to sue him.
(c) She stomps away.
(d) She beats on him.
9. Who/What do Sister Bessie and Dude run over as they drive away?
(a) A log.
(b) The family dog.
(c) A stray cat.
(d) Grandma Lester.
10. It is _____________ that the one bit of work that Jeeter does is what kills him.
11. With what do Jeeter and Dude load the new car?
12. Who checks to see if Grandma Lester can get up?
(c) No one.
13. What type of wood does Jeeter try to sell?
14. Why does no one want to buy Jeeter's wood?
(a) It is not seasoned.
(b) His price is too high.
(c) It's nothing more than kindling.
(d) It does not burn well.
15. Where do Sister Bessie and Jeeter get help for the car?
(b) A passing motorist.
(c) A local gas station.
(d) A farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeeter do the work in #167?
2. Why does Jeeter order Sister Bessie to get off his land?
3. Why does Sister Bessie not want to leave Jeeter's house?
4. How does Jeeter react when he learns that Tom wants nothing to do with the family?
5. What is Jeeter's solution to Lov's problem with Pearl?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)