|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the house after the fire?
(a) Tom and his wife.
(b) Captain Harmon's son.
(c) Eddie's ex-wife.
(d) Lov and Ellie May.
2. What does Lov do to try to help Grandma Lester?
(b) Calls an ambulance.
(c) Mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
(d) Makes a tourniquet.
3. How does Jeeter react when he learns that Tom wants nothing to do with the family?
4. What happens to Grandma Lester?
(a) She is paralyzed.
(b) She dies.
(c) She is in a coma.
(d) She fully recovers.
5. Why does Jeeter do the work in #167?
(a) To mark his property line.
(b) To kill a locust plague.
(c) To stop a brush fire.
(d) To prepare them for planting.
6. In whose hotel room does Sister Bessie spend the night?
(a) She sleeps in the car.
(b) Various strangers' rooms.
(c) Dude and Jeeter's room.
(d) A private room.
7. What is not certain about Grandma Lester's burial?
(a) If she was in a coffin.
(b) If she is really dead.
(c) If she needs a religious service.
(d) If she is buried in a safe place.
8. How much money do Sister Bessie and Dude get from Tom?
9. In what type of night clothes does Sister Bessie sleep?
(b) Short gown.
(d) Long gown.
10. What does Jeeter talk Sister Bessie into selling?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her hat.
(c) The car's spare tire.
(d) The car's hood ornament.
11. How many beds are in the Lester house?
12. Where do Sister Bessie and Dude go after the wedding?
(c) Sister Bessie's house.
(d) The Lester farm.
13. Why does Jeeter order Sister Bessie to get off his land?
(a) She insulted Ada.
(b) She won't give him any money.
(c) She won't take him for a ride in the car.
(d) She took advantage of Dude.
14. Whose desire for the farm does Dude echo?
15. Who helps Jeeter bury Grandma Lester?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jeeter blame for his money woes?
2. Where is Grandma Lester buried?
3. Who checks to see if Grandma Lester can get up?
4. To whom is Jeeter attracted physically?
5. Why does Jeeter want to go to the county in #137?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)