|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/What do Sister Bessie and Dude run over as they drive away?
(a) Grandma Lester.
(b) A log.
(c) The family dog.
(d) A stray cat.
2. Why does Sister Bessie not want to leave Jeeter's house?
(a) It is where she and Dude fell in love.
(b) She is comfortable there.
(c) She has nowhere else to go.
(d) She pays rent to live there.
3. Who helps to bury the bodies?
(a) Sister Bessie and Dude.
4. Who/What does Dude blame for the accident?
(a) The driver of the wagon.
(b) The sun was in his eyes.
(c) It started to hail.
(d) His wife was kissing him.
5. Why has Pearl left Lov?
(a) She wanted to go to school.
(b) He tried to tie her to the bed.
(c) He beat her.
(d) She found someone new.
6. Who checks to see if Grandma Lester can get up?
(d) No one.
7. Why do Sister Bessie and Dude begin to argue in front of Ada?
(a) Because Dude wants to drive the car into town.
(b) Because Dude uses foul language.
(c) Because Dude wants to have sex again.
(d) Because Dude wants to paint the car a different color.
8. What food does the trio buy?
(c) Cheese and crackers.
9. Who cannot be found at bedtime at the Lester house?
10. Whose house is engulfed in flames?
(a) Sister Bessie's house.
(b) Captain Harmon's house.
(c) Eddie's house.
(d) The Lesters' house.
11. Who is in the house when it is engulfed in flames?
(a) Jeeter and Ada.
(c) Captain Harmon.
12. What is not certain about Grandma Lester's burial?
(a) If she needs a religious service.
(b) If she was in a coffin.
(c) If she is really dead.
(d) If she is buried in a safe place.
13. Why does no one want to buy Jeeter's wood?
(a) His price is too high.
(b) It's nothing more than kindling.
(c) It does not burn well.
(d) It is not seasoned.
14. With what do Jeeter and Dude load the new car?
15. What county does Jeeter want to go to?
(a) Paulding County.
(b) Dooley County.
(c) Erskine County.
(d) Burke County.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lov agree to take Ellie May into his house?
2. Why does Jeeter have Dude pull over just as they leave town?
3. What do Sister Bessie and Dude do immediately after the marriage ceremony?
4. What type of wood does Jeeter try to sell?
5. What is Grandma Lester's condition when she is discovered?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)