|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Lester children has ambition?
(b) Ellie May.
2. Why is Lov concerned about Pearl?
(a) She seems depressed.
(b) She won't talk to him.
(c) She tries to run away.
(d) She won't eat.
3. Sister Bessie likes to think of herself as _______________.
(a) a reformed prostitute.
(b) a sort of minister.
(c) a beautiful woman.
(d) more intelligent than anyone she knows.
4. What has Jeeter been using to fix the car?
(c) Air pump.
5. What brand of car does Jeeter have?
6. What does Dude try to get from Jeeter?
(b) Car keys.
7. How many of Jeeter and Ada's children have died?
8. What is Jeeter's last name?
9. What is Sister Bessie's physical defect?
(a) She has nostrils but no nose.
(b) She has a club foot.
(c) She has webbed fingers.
(d) She is a dwarf.
10. What is Jeeter's interest in Lov's visit?
(a) Pearl's behavior.
(b) Lov's turnips.
(c) News from town.
(d) Trading for seed.
11. What is Lov's problem with Pearl?
(a) She won't cook.
(b) She won't sew.
(c) She won't sleep in his bed.
(d) She won't clean.
12. With whom does Jeeter share the turnips?
(a) Ellie May.
(b) Grandma Lester.
13. Why does Jeeter think the cannot leave the land?
(a) He made a promise to his father.
(b) He can make the farm work again.
(c) It is in his soul.
(d) He could not live in the city.
14. What is the closest town to where Jeeter's family lives?
15. Who is Dude?
(a) Lov's brother.
(b) Jeeter's son.
(c) Jeeter's brother.
(d) Ada's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disfigurement does the girl in #23 have?
2. What has Jeeter's family run out of?
3. Where is Lov employed?
4. Who is Pearl?
5. What does Sister Bessie do before getting married?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)