|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lov carrying on his way home?
(b) Bag of feed.
(c) Basket of peaches.
(d) Bag of turnips.
2. Who owns the house where Sister Bessie lives?
(a) Captain John.
(b) Sam Stillson.
(d) Sister Bessie.
3. Jeeter can be described as ____________.
4. Where does Jeeter plan to go to sell firewood very soon?
5. Where does the person in #67 live?
6. Where does Jeeter take the turnips to eat them?
(a) The woods.
(b) The pantry.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The shed.
7. Who is Pearl?
(a) Lov's wife.
(b) Jeeter's sister.
(c) Lov's mother.
(d) Jeeter's wife.
8. As the novel begins, Lov is walking home from what town?
9. Who thinks the girl in #23 is making a fool of herself by trying to seduce Lov?
10. What crop was grown on the plantation where Jeeter's ancestors once lived?
11. Why does Jeeter think the cannot leave the land?
(a) It is in his soul.
(b) He could not live in the city.
(c) He made a promise to his father.
(d) He can make the farm work again.
12. What role will Sister Bessie's new husband take on?
(c) Traveling minister.
13. Why does Sister Bessie want to travel the country?
(a) To sell her book.
(b) To visit relatives.
(c) To vacation.
(d) To preach.
14. How old is the girl in #23?
15. Where could Jeeter have gotten a job in Augusta?
(a) Cotton mill.
(b) Lumber yard.
(c) Dairy plant.
(d) Feed and grain store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sister Bessie's church?
2. Who is Dude?
3. Why had Lov refused to marry Ellie May?
4. What is the only reason the person in #85 will marry Sister Bessie?
5. Who does Jeeter say he would marry if he were not already married?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)