|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeeter's interest in Lov's visit?
(a) Lov's turnips.
(b) Pearl's behavior.
(c) News from town.
(d) Trading for seed.
2. What does Lov think when he sees the family?
(a) They are real loudmouths.
(b) They sure know how to have fun.
(c) They will try to steal his turnips.
(d) They should be hoeing their garden.
3. What is Jeeter's job?
4. Where does Jeeter take the turnips to eat them?
(a) The pantry.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The woods.
(d) The shed.
5. Who would Sister Bessie like to marry?
6. What animal crawled out of Jeeter's father's coffin at the funeral?
7. Who is Sister Bessie?
(a) Pearl's teacher.
(b) The Lesters' neighbor.
(c) Jeeter's aunt.
(d) A traveling nun.
8. Why had Lov refused to marry Ellie May?
(a) She has a harelip.
(b) She is too tall.
(c) She is retarded.
(d) She has an obnoxious laugh.
9. What is Jeeter working on in order to get his car running?
10. Who is Jeeter and Ada's son who runs a business?
11. How many children have Jeeter and Ada had?
12. What is the closest town to where Jeeter's family lives?
13. Where is Lov employed?
(a) The railroad.
(b) The lumber yard.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The gas station.
14. Why does Lov stop at the family's home?
(a) To get a glass of water.
(b) To do some trading.
(c) To rest for a bit.
(d) To talk to Jeeter.
15. Who is Ada?
(a) Lov's sister.
(b) Lov's mother.
(c) Jeeter's wife.
(d) Jeeter's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sister Bessie hug to enjoy the feel of his body?
2. What is an important theme in the book?
3. What has Jeeter been using to fix the car?
4. Where does Jeeter plan to go to sell firewood very soon?
5. What is Lov's problem with Pearl?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)