|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lov not choose to marry the girl in #23?
(a) She is not kind.
(b) She is too fat.
(c) She has no sense of humor.
(d) She has a harelip.
2. How does Jeeter apologize to Lov for eating all his turnips?
(a) He talks to Pearl for him.
(b) He rolls him some cigars.
(c) He does not apologize.
(d) He gives him a bag of turnips.
3. Where is Lov employed?
(a) The gas station.
(b) The lumber yard.
(c) The railroad.
(d) The grocery store.
4. What disfigurement does the girl in #23 have?
(a) Club foot.
(c) Dwarf status.
(d) Albino skin.
5. What does Jeeter steal?
(c) Lov's turnips.
6. Why did Jeeter not ever take his daughter to the doctor to fix her disfigurement?
(a) She did not want to go.
(b) It was too expensive.
(c) There was no doctor in the area.
(d) Something always came up.
7. Which family does Lov see on the way home?
8. What is the dirt road beside Jeeter's farm called?
(a) Tobacco Road.
(b) Hogpath Road.
(c) Cotton Gin Road.
(d) Fuller Road.
9. Where does Sister Bessie marry her new husband?
(a) The Lester house.
(b) A V.F.W. hall.
(c) The Baptist church.
(d) A meadow.
10. To what does Jeeter admit?
(a) He had extramarital affairs.
(b) He dropped out of college.
(c) He stole his car.
(d) He burned a neighbor's barn.
11. Lov is so distracted by the girl in #23 that he forgets _________________.
(a) his turnips.
(b) his hat.
(c) his wife.
(d) his coat.
12. What is Jeeter's last name?
13. Who thinks the girl in #23 is making a fool of herself by trying to seduce Lov?
14. Jeeter hopes to sell a load of ____________ if he can get his car running.
15. What is Ada's fear about dying?
(a) No one will come to her funeral.
(b) Leaving nothing to her children.
(c) Having nice clothes to be buried in.
(d) Not being baptized.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jeeter always want to take Ellie May to a doctor?
2. How many children have Jeeter and Ada had?
3. Where does the person in #67 live?
4. Ada thinks that Pearl is most like ____________.
5. What is Jeeter working on in order to get his car running?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)