|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brand of car does Jeeter have?
2. Where does the person in #67 live?
3. Ada thinks that Pearl is most like ____________.
(a) Grandma Lester.
4. How old is the girl in #23?
5. Why can Jeeter not take Ellie May to a doctor now?
(a) Ellie May is too scared.
(b) Ada won't allow it.
(c) There is no money coming in.
(d) The car is broken down again.
6. Where does Jeeter want to go to sell his goods?
7. What role will Sister Bessie's new husband take on?
(c) Traveling minister.
8. How does Jeeter feel after eating the turnips?
(a) Too full.
9. How old is Pearl?
10. What is Lov carrying on his way home?
(b) Bag of feed.
(c) Bag of turnips.
(d) Basket of peaches.
11. Why is Lov concerned about Pearl?
(a) She tries to run away.
(b) She seems depressed.
(c) She won't eat.
(d) She won't talk to him.
12. Who is Pearl?
(a) Jeeter's sister.
(b) Lov's wife.
(c) Jeeter's wife.
(d) Lov's mother.
13. What is Sister Bessie's church?
(a) Redemption Church.
(b) One Heart Church.
(c) She does not have one.
(d) Holy Spirit Church.
14. Who eats most of the turnips?
(d) Ellie Mae.
15. Who are the only two of Jeeter and Ada's children still at home?
(a) Dude and Eddie.
(b) Ellie May and Sara.
(c) Dude and Richie.
(d) Dude and Ellie May.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the novel begins, Lov is walking home from what town?
2. What does Sister Bessie plan to buy with her husband's life insurance policy?
3. To what does Jeeter admit?
4. What is Jeeter's interest in Lov's visit?
5. What animal crawled out of Jeeter's father's coffin at the funeral?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)