|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sister Bessie says that God made Ellie May deformed _____________________.
(a) to protect her from Jeeter's attentions.
(b) to be a lesson for Ada.
(c) to teach her strength.
(d) to teach Jeeter a lesson.
2. Why is Lov concerned about Pearl?
(a) She seems depressed.
(b) She tries to run away.
(c) She won't talk to him.
(d) She won't eat.
3. Jeeter hopes to sell a load of ____________ if he can get his car running.
4. Where does Jeeter plan to go to sell firewood very soon?
5. Where is Lov employed?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The gas station.
(c) The lumber yard.
(d) The railroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sister Bessie's physical defect?
2. Which of the Lester children has ambition?
3. Who eats most of the turnips?
4. With whom does Jeeter share the turnips?
5. What is Sister Bessie's church?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)