|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an important theme in the book?
2. Why is Lov concerned about Pearl?
(a) She won't talk to him.
(b) She won't eat.
(c) She tries to run away.
(d) She seems depressed.
3. What is Lov's problem with Pearl?
(a) She won't cook.
(b) She won't sleep in his bed.
(c) She won't sew.
(d) She won't clean.
4. Sister Bessie likes to think of herself as _______________.
(a) a reformed prostitute.
(b) a beautiful woman.
(c) more intelligent than anyone she knows.
(d) a sort of minister.
5. Who is Pearl?
(a) Lov's mother.
(b) Jeeter's wife.
(c) Lov's wife.
(d) Jeeter's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sister Bessie's physical defect?
2. What has Jeeter been using to fix the car?
3. What is Lov carrying on his way home?
4. With whom does Jeeter share the turnips?
5. What does Jeeter steal?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)